Patch Notes for October 8th, 2020

• Developer

Bug Fixes

• "Bug Fixes & Performance Improvements"

• No, really! This patch contains mitigations for crashes inside the third-party PhysX library.

We have been receiving a number of crash reports that point to a bug related to physics simulation, but it's deep in the guts of the library and not something that can be simply fixed or directly observed. It's been a persistent problem for some people, and for whatever reason trick or treating seems to be a catalyst that makes this occur more often.

If a situation occurs where PhysX would cause a client crash, the game is now able to trap it and recover in most circumstances and, depending on the circumstances, either re-initialize the library or completely jettison it. The loss of debris and particle effects may occur in some cases, but is a better outcome than a crash.

This was previously not possible since the crash was happening in a library-managed thread we have no control over. The API hook technique created for the Intel HD fix was leveraged to take control over this thread and install some additional error handling.
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 1

I have no idea what you said, but thank you. 

I am going to go.kill.skuls now.

• Like 3

"She who lives by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral, all too often dies by the cybernetic monstrosity powered by living coral."  -Doc Buzzsaw

Pineapple 🍍 Pizza 🍕 is my thumbs up. 

• City Council
30 minutes ago, Blyzzard said:

Malgré votre correction mon jeu crash au démarrage...désolé.

Despite your correction my game crashes at startup...sorry.

I found your crash report. It looks like you have a corrupt powers.bin file.

Make sure you are using the official manifest (http://patch.savecoh.com/manifest.xml) and reverify files. If that doesn't work, check your data folder and temporarily move anything out of the way to make sure it's not conflicting.

• Like 4

Thanks so much for this!  Every time I have participated in ToT activity since HC went on-line, I have experienced this crash scenario.  Typically it took 20 minutes or so, and the symptoms leading up to it were sound effects that started to echo, or repeat quickly.  When I started hearing that, I knew a crash was coming.  I'm looking forward to participating in the Halloween events with less worry of repeated crashes, which happen in no other aspect of the game.

What was no more, is REBORN!

5 hours ago, Number Six said:

I found your crash report. It looks like you have a corrupt powers.bin file.

Make sure you are using the official manifest (http://patch.savecoh.com/manifest.xml) and reverify files. If that doesn't work, check your data folder and temporarily move anything out of the way to make sure it's not conflicting.

Désolé, j'ai essayé d'utiliser http://patch.savecoh.com/manifest.xml mais ça ne change rien.

Ensuite j'ai déplacé hors du dossier le seul fichier dedans clientmessages-en.bin mais ça n'a rien changé non plus.

Sorry, I tried to use: http://patch.savecoh.com/manifest.xml but it doesn't change anything.

Then I moved out of the folder the only file inside clientmessages-en.bin but it didn't change anything either.

4 hours ago, Kaldoran said:

Keep getting error even after revalidating " Error parsing command line 'auth 51.161.76.201 "

Pareil impossible de me connecter, on m'a proposé des solutions mais rien ne marche, et depuis plus de nouvelles...

Same impossible to connect me, I was proposed solutions but nothing works, and since more news ...

1 hour ago, The Curator said:

Click Settings in Tequila and make sure that the "Launch Parameters" box at the top is empty.

Chez moi cette zone "Launch Parameters" est vide et j'obtiens ça (voir photo)

This area "Launch Parameters" is empty and I get this (see picture)

Sans titre.jpg

Bon du coup j'ai suivis des conseils mais je me retrouve avec plus rien dans la zone "Settings Launch Parameters"

Qui pourrais me dire ce qu'il doit y avoir écrit dans cette zone ? (j'ai oublié de le noter)

Je suis sur PC windows 10/ 64 bit

So I followed some advice but I'm left with nothing in the "Settings Launch Parameters" zone.

Who could tell me what should be written in this area? (I forgot to write it down)

I am on PC windows 10/ 64 bit

Sans titre2.jpg