Trick or Treating looks silly in the day time

ZacKing

Just saying ... no idea why the perma night for the couple of weeks had to be removed, but trick or treating, banners and zombies and stuff looks totally silly in the day time.  totally ruins the immersion of a traditionally nocturnal event to be trick or treating in broad daylight.  Hopefully next year this can be put back to normal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

As someone who is photophobic, I would prefer perma-night year-round... but I understand some crazy people like daylight. I'm just saying, it would be nice to have perma-night a couple of weeks. People can see their "normal" costume colors inside buildings...

• Like 1

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

It would be fantastic if they could implement an option for players to decide whether to use the default day/night cycle's skybox and lighting appearance, or to toggle for permanent nighttime or permanent daytime lighting.

Spawns would still be tied to the internal citytime, naturally.  What I propose would merely be a client-side visual option.

4 minutes ago, AerialAssault said:

I think you might be forgetting about something that might be keeping people indoors.

Just now, Tyrannical said:

doors

You two are gonna get sent to the Forever Box if you keep this up.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

spacer.png

opossum haha

yeah I get that a couple of people complained about perma night.   there's plenty of light indoors and in AE arcs and TFs and such for a couple weeks out of the year so the rest of us can enjoy a limited time event.  honestly, the daytime just ruined this event.  Hope there's no tinkering to the winter event to "make it better"....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Then we would be back to square one. The Devs innocently, naively, perhaps foolishly thought that giving both sides an equal amount of time to enjoy their favourite time of the day during the event would keep everyone happy.

Maybe now people will understand why updates take as long as they do when something as innocuous as the time of day can be divisive.

• Like 4

Oh? You like City of Heroes?

Name every player character.

I'll be waiting in my PMs.

First and last weeks of the event are Perma-Night. You can literally get all Halloween Badges in one day if you really want to. Seems perfectly good as a compromise for players that don't want a month of darkness. Go get your badges when it's dark out.

Edited by Starforge
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Starforge said:

First and last weeks of the event are Perma-Night. You can literally get all Halloween Badges in one day if you really want to. Seems perfectly good as a compromise for players that don't want a month of darkness. Go get your badges when it's dark out.

I suppose we could say just deal with the night time for a couple of weeks and/or do indoor content during the event too.  This is a no win situation for the Homecoming folk either way.  With that, I would add that seeing people ToT'ing and doing banners and all during the daytime just looks odd.  It does take something away from it to have it in the daytime.

Edited by ShardWarrior

Count me among those that are happy it's only a week or so of perma-night. It gets absolutely *oppressive* after a while. A week or so is just fine - enough to get the flavor without it being depressing, with the event itself going on longer.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

ok if you're getting depressed because it's nighttime in a video game, I don't know what I can tell you there.   

7 minutes ago, Starforge said:

So do it when it's night again.

So run indoor missions that have the sun out for a couple weeks while the event is on.  that dumb excuse works too. 

6 hours ago, AerialAssault said:

Then we would be back to square one. The Devs innocently, naively, perhaps foolishly thought that giving both sides an equal amount of time to enjoy their favourite time of the day during the event would keep everyone happy.

Maybe now people will understand why updates take as long as they do when something as innocuous as the time of day can be divisive.

naïve and foolish is a good way to describe it.  I guess if this event must be changed to appease a handful of people who for whatever reason get real life depressed about fictional nighttime in a make believe world, next year make it run for a weekend and be done with it just like in real life. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Starforge said:

So do it when it's night again.

I already had all the badges from last year.  I was just adding that I felt the night for a month is not a big deal to me and I feel the event being run during daylight is odd.  I will continue to voice my feedback on it so the powers that be can take it into account for next year.  If that is ok with you of course?

no dude, the people complaining about fictional night in a made up world inside a video game can follow the (just as good) suggestion of doing stuff on indoor maps, many of which are exteriors that are outside the perma night thing cycle, for a couple of weeks while the event is on. 

• Haha 1

All that's going to happen is that next year someone will complain that the night-time goes on too long.

The "two weeks on, two weeks off" compromise works for everyone. I don't really know what else there is to say, except maybe uh .. deal with it?

Edited by AerialAssault
  • Like 5

Oh? You like City of Heroes?

Name every player character.

I'll be waiting in my PMs.

Of course they can man.  No one is saying they can't.  I'm just making a suggestion in the suggestion forum.  last I checked that's still kosher to do.  but hey, if you're suffering real life depression because of a make believe world in a video game being night time, I hope it makes you feel better that you can see the fake sun again. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 2