Trick or Treating looks silly in the day time

ZacKing

30 minutes ago, ZacKing said:

ok if you're getting depressed because it's nighttime in a video game, I don't know what I can tell you there. 

A little compassion, please. Don’t be dismissive about people’s mental health.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Vanden said:

A little compassion, please. Don’t be dismissive about people’s mental health.

where did I dismiss anyone?  I just said I don't know what to tell them.  it's not my area of expertise.  but hey, if you want to talk about mental health, I'm happy to tell you all about serving in Afghanistan and the mental, physical and emotional effects of IEDs and PTSD.  but hey, you go right on making assumptions about people.

Anyway, can a mod please close this thread?  Thanks.

Edited by ZacKing
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ZacKing said:

where did I dismiss anyone?  I just said I don't know what to tell them.  it's not my area of expertise.  but hey, if you want to talk about mental health, I'm happy to tell you all about serving in Afghanistan and the mental, physical and emotional effects of IEDs and PTSD.  but hey, you go right on making assumptions about people.

Please don’t get defensive and shoot the messenger when someone tries to gently tell you that you’re coming off as insensitive, either.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

• City Council

FYI the Halloween event (with eternal night) usually only ran for 2 weeks during live.

So you're getting the same thing here, plus two weeks of Halloween without eternal night.

Now, please keep it civil so I don't need to perform surgery on this thread 🙂

Edit: Also, we did consider only allowing ToTing during daytime, but then realised it would be incredibly frustrating to those that only have a limited amount of time to play.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 5

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

I did some digging and, as it turns out, there was a thread last year asking for, you guessed it, perma-night to be removed.

So are we just meant to repeat the cycle? If so I'll gladly nominate myself to make next year's thread.

• Haha 3

Oh? You like City of Heroes?

Name every player character.

I'll be waiting in my PMs.

7 minutes ago, AerialAssault said:

I did some digging and, as it turns out, there was a thread last year asking for, you guessed it, perma-night to be removed.

So are we just meant to repeat the cycle? If so I'll gladly nominate myself to make next year's thread.

Maybe instead of recycling this same topic again next year, just reduce the length of the event back to a week or two as @Jimmysaid it was on live.

• Like 2

How about giving Kallisti Wharf a "Halloween Makeover" mode, like the excellent work done in Atlas Park this year?

Then, set it to be "All Night, All of the Time" for the duration of the Halloween event.

• There would be no enemies except level-less event mobs, so any level character that can make it to a Tram/Ferry/Supergroup Base could join.
  • It's a co-op zone so all alignments could join.
  • It's really big so there would be plenty of doors.
  • To my knowledge, only Market Crash takes place there, so night-averse folks would be unlikely to be routed there for mission arcs.
  • Costume Contests during Halloween would be in the appropriate atmosphere.

Disclaimer: I have no idea if such a thing is possible, and of course it uses precious, precious Dev resources, but it's just a suggestion.

Edited by BZRKR
bulleted lists are hard
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, BZRKR said:

How about giving Kallisti Wharf a "Halloween Makeover" mode, like the excellent work done in Atlas Park this year?

Then, set it to be "All Night, All of the Time" for the duration of the Halloween event.

• There would be no enemies except level-less event mobs, so any level character that can make it to a Tram/Ferry/Supergroup Base could join.
  • It's a co-op zone so all alignments could join.
  • It's really big so there would be plenty of doors.
  • To my knowledge, only Market Crash takes place there, so night-averse folks would be unlikely to be routed there for mission arcs.
  • Costume Contests during Halloween would be in the appropriate atmosphere.

Disclaimer: I have no idea if such a thing is possible, and of course it uses precious, precious Dev resources, but it's just a suggestion.

Love it. Meanwhile my Praetorian sits at home wondering where all the cool kids go of an evening.

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

I like the way it was on live. A two week event with the eternal darkness.

Last year's event ran for what felt like ever. Combined with the eternal darkness, it was too much. This year it doesn't feel as long because of the eternal darkness only being part-time. But a whole month for a one day holiday?

On live, it was a real treat. It was a lot of fun. I really enjoyed it. Two weeks, for me, feels just about perfect. (With the eternal night for the whole two weeks.)

Thank you for reading my opinion.

You're not gonna want the event to be shorter next year, because next time there'll be a brand-new, unique IO set available exclusively from the Haunted House trial, and you'll want time to stock up

he said, his eyes full of sparkles and his heart full of naive hope

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

We do eventually want Kallisti Wharf to grow up and be a real zone with a full set of content, so we probably wouldn't make it a special purpose event zone like that 🙂

In the meantime, if you wander into the building over south of the stadium in Old Slough, the one with the hole in the wall from a glitch, there's a partial door inside buried in the floor.  If you click on that it reacts properly for ToT, but then the spawns seem to appear under the map and chase you outside, still firing at you from under the map! 

• Haha 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

Also, on the Christie Square side, beyond the park and near the building with the indoor garden (same set up as the one in Atlas Park) you can sometimes see a tide of spirits/ghosts just flow by you and up the street before all disappearing into a door.

7 hours ago, FoulVileTerror said:

For what it may be worth to the overall discussion, I -do- appreciate the four week window.  The current 1-2-1 format for the weeks of darkness is perhaps a little . . . odd?  But for my play experience, the overall compromise is fairly solid.

Look, you can't just expect the Halloween mobs to show up line-perfect once a year on demand.  They need a week of rehearsals before their big day!

• Like 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

I think this October has been ace this year. I'm sad that I've not had much time to play it, but really happy that there's been a nice long event so I can make use of the time I do have. The two eternal night weeks is a great compromise.

👍

• Like 3

Let common sense ring in now.

In different areas, states, towns, cities, villages, townships, etc they do ToT at different times.

So some are at night, some during day, some are house to house and some are trunk or treats at churches. 

So whats normal for one person might not be the same for another.

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.