Wind Control would be cool!

Do you guys agree? I know the devs don't announce things like this until they are actually complete, which I understand why 100%. We may never know we're getting Wind control until it's actually in the patch Notes, but I think it would be awesome and the set was pretty much completed already to my understanding.

So, if we can get enough up votes or attention on this power set perhaps it will be there in the future.

just want to keep this powerset/topic on the forefront. 🙂

Edited by DreamingShad

Control is in dire need of new Sets, but honestly . . . I was never on board with Wind Control.  There are so many more interesting ideas for Control Sets as far as I'm concerned.  @Tyrannical has a bunch listed in the eco-friendly thread:  https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/13484-eco-friendly-powerset-recycling/

To be clear, I'm not -against- Wind Control.  I just don't think it's particularly interesting.  If it were the next Set released after Sonic Manipulation, I wouldn't complain, but I'll continue to hope that something more interesting would get priority.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

was considering working on a way to do Wind Control's visuals in my thread, but I don't think it'd really be the place.

But, since the opportunity has come up, I'll share what I have here instead!

WindControl Updraft.png - Updraft: This one is fairly easy, we simply use the 'armor up' FX of Ice Armor, with the swirling winds rising up, and adding in some dust/cloud FX over it.

WindControl Downdraft.png - Downdraft: The above, but reversed

WindControl Breathless.png - Breathless: A little more difficult, we re-use the 'Shadow Field' FX from Dark Control (with more dust particles), and have a similar swirling field over each foes' head. Again, more dust/cloud FX to help separate it from dark.

WindControl WindShear.png - Wind Shear: Similar to breathless, but centred on the player, with the Hurricane FX swirling around your feet.

WindControl Thundergust.png - Thundergust: We can do this using a smaller verison of the 'Gust' FX from Storm Summoning.

WindControl Microburst.png - Microburst: For this one, we use a faster version of  Dark Control's 'Heart of Darkness' with a brief Hurricane FX bursting out along with it.

WindControl KeeningWinds.png - Keening Winds: Similar to Beathless, only with a heavy cloud in the middle.

WindControl Vacuum.png - Vacuum: We can probably do this by making a wide version of the Tornado FX, and having each foe suspended in the air with the Updraft FX.

WindControl Vortex.png - Vortex: This is a little harder, we could probably make a floating orb that uses a combination of the Shadow Field and Hurricane FX, but much smaller.

Edited by Tyrannical
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, CrudeVileTerror said:

Control is in dire need of new Sets, but honestly . . . I was never on board with Wind Control.  There are so many more interesting ideas for Control Sets as far as I'm concerned.  @Tyrannical has a bunch listed in the eco-friendly thread:  https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/13484-eco-friendly-powerset-recycling/

To be clear, I'm not -against- Wind Control.  I just don't think it's particularly interesting.  If it were the next Set released after Sonic Manipulation, I wouldn't complain, but I'll continue to hope that something more interesting would get priority.

*Grins.*

1 hour ago, CrudeVileTerror said:

Ugh, Sonic Manipulation. Just more sound mods I will have to make. I mean, did you hear the ones on test server for the melee? Yuuuuk.... lol

58 minutes ago, Tyrannical said:

was considering working on a way to do Wind Control's visuals in my thread, but I don't think it'd really be the place.

But, since the opportunity has come up, I'll share what I have here instead!

WindControl Updraft.png - Updraft: This one is fairly easy, we simply use the 'armor up' FX of Ice Armor, with the swirling winds rising up, and adding in some dust/cloud FX over it.

WindControl Downdraft.png - Downdraft: The above, but reversed

WindControl Breathless.png - Breathless: A little more difficult, we re-use the 'Shadow Field' FX from Dark Control (with more dust particles), and have a similar swirling field over each foes' head. Again, more dust/cloud FX to help separate it from dark.

WindControl WindShear.png - Wind Shear: Similar to breathless, but centred on the player, with the Hurricane FX swirling around your feet.

WindControl Thundergust.png - Thundergust: We can do this using a smaller verison of the 'Gust' FX from Storm Summoning.

WindControl Microburst.png - Microburst: For this one, we use a faster version of  Dark Control's 'Heart of Darkness' with a brief Hurricane FX bursting out along with it.

WindControl KeeningWinds.png - Keening Winds: Similar to Beathless, only with a heavy cloud in the middle.

WindControl Vacuum.png - Vacuum: We can probably do this by making a wide version of the Tornado FX, and having each foe suspended in the air with the Updraft FX.

WindControl Vortex.png - Vortex: This is a little harder, we could probably make a floating orb that uses a combination of the Shadow Field and Hurricane FX, but much smaller.

Fairly certain wind control is already in the game coding, it's just not in game yet. If you take a look over on WeHaveCake, they have it there. If memory serves me correctly, the head Dev over there told me that it was already in game, it simply was not implemented yet. Soooo...he implemented it. That's *if* memory serves me correctly when we were talking about it. So until we know for fact, take that with a grain of salt.

11 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

Fairly certain wind control is already in the game coding, it's just not in game yet. If you take a look over on WeHaveCake, they have it there. If memory serves me correctly, the head Dev over there told me that it was already in game, it simply was not implemented yet. Soooo...he implemented it. That's *if* memory serves me correctly when we were talking about it. So until we know for fact, take that with a grain of salt.

The data is there, but unfortunately the visual/animation assets are not.

WeHaveCake/Thunderspy have a semi-functioning version, but it's not exactly... pretty. I think it was another in a long line of demo projects that showcased the possibilities, but never really delivered the goods.

Edited by Tyrannical

16 minutes ago, Tyrannical said:

The data is there, but unfortunately the visual/animation assets are not.

WeHaveCake/Thunderspy have a semi-functioning version, but it's not exactly... pretty. I think it was another in a long line of demo projects that showcased the possibilities, but never really delivered the goods.

I seen it, I thought it looked great. Different strokes for different folks I suppose.  😉

13 hours ago, DreamingShad said:

Do you guys agree?

The only thing wind control inspires in me is comments about it being broken.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.