Penny Yin Week: All AT Teams

dtjunkie

After 10 or so normal runs of Penny Yin (this week's WST) I decided to mix things up by starting some all AT teams. Lots of fun!

Blasters: The best defense is MORE OFFENSE. Much smoother than I expected, and we went +1 after the first mission. We could have probably done +2 without much difficulty but it would have taken longer and we had some time restraints. We had a few deaths, usually when we hit two groups close together. Finished in 26:08 with a steamroll approach.  It was as chaotic as you would think, with health bars bouncing all over. No issues recruiting because blasters are always up for shenanigans.

screenshot_201027-18-28-32.thumb.jpg.bb24bd51710034cab8ef4eeeefa50af4.jpgscreenshot_201027-18-34-49.thumb.jpg.aa24c92afc0b83a0b9bc03aa02928f1b.jpg

Kheldians: LOBSTER FEST! I think my screen shook the entire task force. And, as one of my Kheldian brethren pointed out, we probably knocked back some Freakshow so hard they ended up on a different server. Had a few more deaths than the blaster TF, mainly due to quantum bosses. Didn't have as much damage output as team blaster so we took longer, 38:58 with a steamroll approach. Recruiting for this was a lot easier than I expected and lots of bonding over how Kheldians are misunderstood and underappreciated ensued.

screenshot_201027-21-26-45.thumb.jpg.d08e4f06fbdb5f703a61777fef196da3.jpgscreenshot_201027-21-58-33.thumb.jpg.c85c7f84ac14b0a20c39fbbab8224d63.jpg

Defenders: Wow. Team Safety. No one's health bar moved the entire task force as we hit the def and res caps with ease. Went +2 without breaking a sweat. Finished in 38:40 with a steamroll approach. Toughest to recruit for whatever reason. We had 4 for a long time but finally got a flood of interest at the end and had to turn a few people down.

screenshot_201027-22-40-13.thumb.jpg.0f065ddc6a60d299eddf57638e415f53.jpgscreenshot_201027-22-55-53.thumb.jpg.d188a78033674dda8c13af57f9e4a4be.jpg

All in all I think this added some spice to running Penelope Yin for the 100th time. I'm looking forward to Team Domination tomorrow night!

• Like 8

I still say the all-Kheld Yin should just be referred to as a Kheldyin from this point on.

(And it was a lot of fun.)

Edited by Greycat
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

15 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Nice!  Is that 6 Maneuvers running that I'm seeing?  That alone probably had everyone at the soft cap.

I think it was five. Also had two steamy mists.

6 hours ago, Greycat said:

I still say the all-Kheld Yin should just be referred to as a Kheldyin from this point on.

(And it was a lot of fun.)

A Kheldyin it is! So let it be written, so let it be done.

• 5 months later

It's happening again!

Ended up running with 7 wonderful sentinels tonight. Rolled it pretty well. Would have been well under 30 minutes without a weird occurrence on the first mission (last hostie wouldn't pop free... I think a freakshow spawned in one of the jail cells or something). I think we had three deaths, with one occurring after a team split,

screenshot_210426-00-56-01.thumb.jpg.19cd637db0f2c63c829cfe5ffc6ea39a.jpg

And just realized I never posted Team Domination from last go around.  Had a fair amount of deaths on this one, mainly due to having two baby dominators (played by a nine year old and a seven year old)

screenshot_201029-20-20-43.thumb.jpg.8f3c67c5be153eb7911aa041cff396bc.jpg

Edited by dtjunkie
  • Like 1

Awww, baby's first Domination!  😀

I wish I could have been on one of these, theme runs are always fun and different.

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

A seven year old!  Man, kids are so much smarter now than I was at that age.  I would never have been able to grasp something as complex as this game at seven. 

Then again, I guess kids start learning to use computers at such a young age that maybe it's not that big a deal for them.

All mastermind teams. Hope your video card is strong because its going to be taxed. These will do really well if most people take leadership or be really bad if they dont.

Ive done an all Kb all the time but thats not at specific just funny. 

Veats will be safe and filled with damage because thier leadership is built in and strong. 

Let me know how an all stalker does. I would imagine its like a blaster but less mez

8 hours ago, Grindingsucks said:

A seven year old!  Man, kids are so much smarter now than I was at that age.  I would never have been able to grasp something as complex as this game at seven. 

Then again, I guess kids start learning to use computers at such a young age that maybe it's not that big a deal for them.

They do pretty good although sometimes I have to give gentle reminders on discord:

"Please don't click the glowies while the rest of your team is getting slaughtered"

"Why are you just standing there?"

"Please turn off Group Fly"

• Haha 1