"Coooooool. As long as it isn't another Jared Leto Joker movie."

So.

I was doing a pick-up for work today, and drove to a local food wholesale warehouse that rents their space in an old train station that was bought by a major union and converted in to a convention centre.

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Liuna+Station/@43.2655146,-79.8640018,213m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x28642608e133e837!8m2!3d43.265706!4d-79.864329

As I came around the corner, I saw this:

image.thumb.png.fcfcf5f02d98ae0616484215bea7ba3c.png

Apparently they're filming a little something something there tomorrow.

When I sent a photo of this to my spouse, the reply I received was what I posted as this thread's title.

5 hours ago, Veelectric Boogaloo said:

Leto is supposedly doing Snyder JL scene shoots. But could be for the new movie.

Knowing Snyder it's for the extended director's cut of JL. Now with more blue-washed scenes, more red-washed scenes, more 'splosions and less expose than ever!

P.S. Leto's Joker is god awful.

Edited by Frostbiter

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

2 hours ago, Luminara said:

Could also be that Batman reboot with the Twilight kid.

That would be my real guess too. I'm probably going to pass on it until I can watch it for free. Just not a fan of Snyder or the casting so far.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

6 minutes ago, Frostbiter said:

That would be my real guess too. I'm probably going to pass on it until I can watch it for free. Just not a fan of Snyder or the casting so far.

Snyder, the casting choices, the implied tone and direction of the story, the writing in the JL material thus far, et fucking cetera.

*cough*

Warner Brothers is hurting my soul.

• Like 2

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Oh no, JL was bad for reasons of it's own. I mean, Steppenwolf instead of Darkseid? Who decided that? Steppenwolf cannot carry the climax of a film as all of us so obviously saw.

Edited by Frostbiter

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

24 minutes ago, Veelectric Boogaloo said:

I love that the internet somehow became convinced that JL was only bad because it was taken away from the director of the much worse BvS.

It was bad because it was written badly, and it had to be written badly because it was a sequel to an even more badly written film, and the bad writing couldn't be unwritten without a complete reboot (Flashpoint).  It was bad because it portrayed Aquaman as a litter bug, thief and pig.  It was bad because it continued the portrayal of Batman being near the end of his run as Batman.  It was bad because the villain was poorly chosen, unimpressive and overly annoying.

The fact that Whedon couldn't save it, despite rewrites and reshoots, is the most impressive thing about the movie.

Sorry.  Not attacking you, the movie just... rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

• Like 1

Oh i get that it was bad, for all the reasons you've said and then some. i just was commenting on the whole 'release the snyder cut' meme gaining enough momentum that WB decided to throw more money at doing just that, despite the dumpster fire that was BvS. 

The Director's Cut of BvS was marginally better. It had Clark Kent at least being a reporter in it. It was merely a trashcan fire instead of a dumpster fire. Still the worst versions of so many characters ever.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

27 minutes ago, Frostbiter said:

The Director's Cut of BvS was marginally better.

It's the only version I've watched, and it still made me want to reach into the past and punch everyone involved.  In the groin.  With a lead weight.  Studded.

The plot in that was actually worse than the plot in JL.  They wrote the end, then tried to write the rest of the movie from that point, working backwards, creating massive leaps of logic and plot holes that you could fly both Ego and Mogo through, side by side.

I loved the WW intro.  I loathed everything else.

Frankly, if the director's cut of JL is in any way more like BvS...  You could tell that Ezra Miller's dialog was Whedon's work, it was decent and the character was actually good, if underused.  Ray Fisher did well, too, and there was definitely some Whedon there.  So I fully expect those to be ripped out and replaced, and that's going to be the death knell.  

My soul, Warner!  MY SOUL IS BLEEDING!  STOP IT!

Why can't they just use the animation team to do the writing and directing?  They've done some fine work, and even their stinkers have been better than BvS or JL.

Except that one with Brainiac.

No, not the one voiced by John Noble, Matt Bomer and Stana Katic.  The other one.  The one we don't talk about.  *twitch*

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later
On 10/29/2020 at 1:52 PM, Krimson said:

So even though Darkseid is a Jack Kirby creation, had DC used him, he would have been considered a rip off of Thanos, because the direction of the flow of time apparently means nothing. 

You say that like it's something new.  Let us speak of "Captain Marvel".

"Crowded market space."  The execs don't care who came first; they care that if they try to put money in to a project which random viewers might say "that's a ripoff," no matter how incorrect or uneducated that observation may be, then the execs won't get their precious, precious return on investment.

However, if the Witcher show does well enough or if a desperate-enough producer is given the pitch, even with things being "crowded," they'll probably jump on the perceived bootleg gravy-train.

So I guess the answer is:  Write to the author and recommend that they try to pitch their book series to a "lesser" producer.

JL was crap.  And some of that crap was Whedon.  Love Buffy back in the day but the whedonfest love-in needs to die. BVS was misjudged and weirdly written, and yet...in some mad operatic way, it had something, though that might just be Gal Gadot revving her engines for the great WW that then appeared.

Worst. Absolute worst DC supers movie for me recently?  Joker. A truly awful film built around a good performance.

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

On 11/15/2020 at 8:32 AM, Darmian said:

JL was crap.  And some of that crap was Whedon.  Love Buffy back in the day but the whedonfest love-in needs to die. BVS was misjudged and weirdly written, and yet...in some mad operatic way, it had something, though that might just be Gal Gadot revving her engines for the great WW that then appeared.

Worst. Absolute worst DC supers movie for me recently?  Joker. A truly awful film built around a good performance.

Really? It was far and away better than anything outside of the Nolan's TDK in my opinion. And a fine stand-alone movie in it's own right.  

24 minutes ago, ThrillMill said:

Really? It was far and away better than anything outside of the Nolan's TDK in my opinion. And a fine stand-alone movie in it's own right.  

Nope.  Seen it all before and better.  Hell, De Niro starred in one of those. Watch "The King of Comedy".

Conversely I 'm glad Joker was a success because it keeps the door open for other standalone and alternate looks at things.

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

2 hours ago, ThrillMill said:

We all stand on the back of giants, no? 

Yes but some use that vantage point to reach further rather than look down.

On 10/29/2020 at 1:52 PM, Krimson said:

So my favorite author is Michael Moorcock. Recently he tried to see if he could get his creation, Elric of Melnibone, optioned for television. He was told no because Elric is too much like Witcher.... Let that sink in. Witcher not only "borrows" from Elric's look, he outright rips off the nickname "White Wolf". Elric was created in 1961 and the only video games that existed were on an oscilloscope.

So even though Darkseid is a Jack Kirby creation, had DC used him, he would have been considered a rip off of Thanos, because the direction of the flow of time apparently means nothing. 

wow 

Also other than the hair color and the stolen nickname the characters are not really alike.

Nor are the storylines, universes, mythos, anything.   

• Like 1