The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Your favorite high level storyarcs?

malbolge

I'm looking to play some content I never played before, and one thing I skipped more than anything were storyarcs.

What are some of your favorite high level (50) story arcs?

Preferably ones with cool encounters, bosses, mechanics, etc. Great story is nice as well, but if story is all it offers then I'm a little more meh on it.

Love to hear what you've enjoyed and then try it out!

Television always gets honorable mentions for being absurd and chock full of references.  The TV makes you force Dr. Aeon to write a paper and get it notarized by Viridian and Efficiency Expert Pither so that Arbiter Daos can set aside more time for Arachnos operatives to watch TV.  It's as silly as it sounds.  Then it sends you to destroy the Radio, the very same Radio you worked for in Port Oakes if you found it, though the souvenir/mission clear makes it possible that that whole thing was a TV-induced dream.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

The final arc in the RWZ.  Big Rikti butt, Lord Nemesis butt, you, Fusionette.  Like locking a couple of cats inside an aviary.

Oh, and Jim Temblor tags along, too.  And a friendly Rikti.

Mostly you and 'Nette.

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Dark Astoria...all of it. Was very surprised by it because i left live before this was created so was very surprised by all of it.

Edited by The_Warpact
I'm apparently very surprised...its too early i need tea.
  • Like 1

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

I second World Wide Red.  Very fun, lots of Malta deliciousness, you get to spawn a GM and call for help.

All of DA is interesting all the way up to 'Complete Diablique Trial' I just auto complete that, but dream doctor and number six have fun arcs before that.

I'm a fan of almost all of the level 40-50 Redside arcs, as many of them offer you the chance to punk the marquee Hero NPCs. And if you do the Patron arcs all the way through, you get to punk the marquee villains as well.

• Like 1

Trilogy in Night Ward is very different, and you can do it at lvl 54 if you want to. (But you better have some energy and end drain resistance)

• Like 1
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

Harvey Maylor's "Upon the Psychic Plane". The Carnival of Shadows is a fascinating villain group and Harvey's arc is a well-written and interesting dive into them.

• Like 4

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

Number Six out of RWZ. This arc should either be solo'd, or if you're going to team, do so with some friends that are not inclined to speed through. I say this because of the number of easter eggs in the missions - you find them all, you get a badge. And I am fairly confident only the avid badge hunters will have taken the time to find the items. 

It's also an arc that is just different in the way it's presented or something. I can't put my finger on it, but it's one of the better ones in my opinion. 

• Like 4

On 11/7/2020 at 6:56 AM, Virtual Green said:

Heroside, Crimson's "World Wide Red" SA remains one of the better-written arcs in the entire game, IMHO, and a joy to play. Plus, you get to fight two Kronos Titans, TWO!

Was going to suggest that.  It has the flaws of the earliest (i2?) material - you'll be sent hither and yon, just about anywhere but Peregrine where the contact lives, and you'll be sent looking for one guy on vast outdoor maps -  but beyond that it's a lot of fun on the right character. 

'A Titan Named Joe' from Crimson is also worth playing through,  May not be a formal story arc, just a set of chained missions. 

• Like 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291