3 ideas. Which would you do and why?

Xandyr

Hey all. I normally play tanks, MMs, and the occasional Def. I've tried to like and play scrappers,  but I'm so used to my tanks that I'm a little "gunshy" I guess of jumping in worrying if I'll survive. 

Anyway,  I have 3 potential builds. Which would you go with for the most fun, most survivable toon that still pumps out good damage?

Ice/Invuln

I dont see hardly any, so it must be horrible,  or really good  haha. It looks like you can cap a lot of your defenses and resists,which would be a huge plus.

Dark/Rad

Seems like it would be heals galore,meaning you shouldn't have any problems surviving everything.  I do LOVE my rad tank...would I be disappointed with rad as a scrapper?

Or do a rad/rad scrapper

WM/Shield 

Classic I suppose. End hog? No heal worries me. Might be able to get decent resists?

Maybe I should just roll all 3? Haha

Like I said, I really like my Rad Armor tank so maybe I'll try rad armor on a scrapper. But looking in mids, Invuln seems to be the most survivalable.

Thoughts?

Thanks

I have a WM/shield and he is a beast.  Once slotted with sets end isn't an issue. His build:

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.6.1.25
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

arcane warden: Level 50 Magic Scrapper
Primary Power Set: War Mace
Secondary Power Set: Shield Defense
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Sorcery
Ancillary Pool: Body Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Pulverize -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(5), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(5), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(25), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(31), Mk'Bit-Dam%(45)
Level 1: Deflection -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(7), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(7), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(33), RedFrt-Def(34), RedFrt-EndRdx(43)
Level 2: Jawbreaker -- Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg(A), Mk'Bit-Dmg/EndRdx(9), Mk'Bit-Dmg/Rchg(9), Mk'Bit-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(34), Mk'Bit-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(34), Mk'Bit-Dam%(45)
Level 4: Battle Agility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx(11), RedFrt-Def/Rchg(11), RedFrt-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(36), RedFrt-Def(37), RedFrt-EndRdx(43)
Level 6: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(13), Rct-ResDam%(13), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(15), Rct-Def(15)
Level 8: Clobber -- SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(17), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(43)
Level 10: Active Defense -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 12: True Grit -- Mrc-Heal(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(19), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(19), UnbGrd-ResDam(29), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(39), UnbGrd-Max HP%(39)
Level 14: Super Jump -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 16: Against All Odds -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 18: Whirling Mace -- Erd-Dmg(A), Erd-Acc/Rchg(21), Erd-Dmg/Rchg(21), Erd-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Erd-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), Erd-%Dam(46)
Level 20: Phalanx Fighting -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-Def/EndRdx(23), Rct-Def(23)
Level 22: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(25)
Level 24: Boxing -- Empty(A)
Level 26: Shatter -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(27), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(27), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), FrcFdb-Rechg%(50)
Level 28: Tough -- GldArm-3defTpProc(A), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(29)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Ksm-Def/EndRdx(31), Ksm-ToHit+(31)
Level 32: Crowd Control -- Obl-Dmg(A), Obl-Acc/Rchg(33), Obl-Dmg/Rchg(33), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), Obl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(46), Obl-%Dam(46)
Level 35: Shield Charge -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(36), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(42), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(42)
Level 38: Grant Cover -- Empty(A)
Level 41: Conserve Power -- RechRdx-I(A)
Level 44: Physical Perfection -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 47: Build Up -- GssSynFr--ToHit(A), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg(48), GssSynFr--ToHit/Rchg/EndRdx(48), GssSynFr--Rchg/EndRdx(48), GssSynFr--ToHit/EndRdx(50), GssSynFr--Build%(50)
Level 49: Mystic Flight -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Critical Hit 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(3)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(3)
Level 50: Agility Partial Core Revamp 
Level 1: Quick Form 
------------

Out of your options I would go war mace/shield. Just bring a few greens with you since you’ll have to rely on your Regen alone.  It will still be plenty tough and pump out great damage. 

However, if you are open to mixing up a couple of your choices, I would take dark melee and pair it with shield defense. It can be built very tough and will also do very good damage. They synergize very well with each other. One of the best pairings for scrappers.

Edited by Saikochoro

I didn't care much for Radiation Armor.  It is really tough, but you need to finesse a lot of Defense out of it so you're not just constantly healing.  Heals are great, but it really feels like they put you in a basic death spiral trying to get ahead of the incoming damage with your lower overall hit points.  Shield makes a sustained fight a lot easier with it's inherent defense stats.

• Like 1

Scrappers ...bringing more cowbell since 2004

21 hours ago, Xandyr said:

Dark/Rad

This.

Dark/Rad/Soul

Seems like it would be heals galore,meaning you shouldn't have any problems surviving everything.

Just about no problems, but under heavy de-buffs /Rad still gets in over its head.  Soloing DA arcs I learned quickly to take down the BP radiation bosses immediately on sight.  PPD Awakened will eat your lunch in large groups.  Soloing +4x8 Cims is my current challenge - once I get back into game again.  As scrappers go though, I don't remember having any more durable than my Kat/Rad.  Which doesn't say a ton - there are oodles of better builders an players than I on these boards, lol.

But a Soul Drain fed Ground Zero inside Meltdown sounds just downright delicious.

Zero End Problems with this route as well.

would I be disappointed with rad as a scrapper?

As long as you don't expect the same HP pool, Absorb pool from PS, and resist cap, then no, definitely not.  Love my Kat/Rad and on teams I tend to try to stay just ahead of the flow, soak an alpha or two, drop big AoE, if I do end up in trouble the team has caught up long before it becomes an issue.

Edited by InvaderStych

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

6 hours ago, Saikochoro said:

Out of your options I would go war mace/shield. Just bring a few greens with you since you’ll have to rely on your Regen alone.  It will still be plenty tough and pump out great damage. 

However, if you are open to mixing up a couple of your choices, I would take dark melee and pair it with shield defense. It can be built very tough and will also do very good damage. They synergize very well with each other. One of the best pairings for scrappers.

That's actually my latest tank I'm working on 

22 hours ago, Xandyr said:

Hey all. I normally play tanks, MMs, and the occasional Def. I've tried to like and play scrappers,  but I'm so used to my tanks that I'm a little "gunshy" I guess of jumping in worrying if I'll survive. 

Anyway,  I have 3 potential builds. Which would you go with for the most fun, most survivable toon that still pumps out good damage?

Ice/Invuln

I dont see hardly any, so it must be horrible,  or really good  haha. It looks like you can cap a lot of your defenses and resists,which would be a huge plus.

Dark/Rad

Seems like it would be heals galore,meaning you shouldn't have any problems surviving everything.  I do LOVE my rad tank...would I be disappointed with rad as a scrapper?

Or do a rad/rad scrapper

WM/Shield 

Classic I suppose. End hog? No heal worries me. Might be able to get decent resists?

Maybe I should just roll all 3? Haha

Like I said, I really like my Rad Armor tank so maybe I'll try rad armor on a scrapper. But looking in mids, Invuln seems to be the most survivalable.

Thoughts?

Thanks

For survivability on a scrapper go either Ninjitsu Or energy aura

Either is top notch and really depends on your theme.

For damage, I would go claws, or energy melee once its out of beta.

Claws shreads groups and EM assassinates them.

Katana and STJ is also good.

I have builds for any of them if you are interested.

On 11/8/2020 at 11:40 PM, Xandyr said:

Thoughts?

If you're used to Tankers, you'll have to realign your thought process on what the role of a Scrapper is compared to what you're used to. Yes, you're still dive bombing the next spawn, but it's to mow through them, not to Alpha, not to protect anyone (per-say, dead mobs deal no damage after all). You'll also be working with a shorter supply of stats comparatively (less HP, lower Res caps) but have more damage potential, which is the key point here.

When it comes to Scrappers, unlike Tankers you can't rely on a Resistance-focused build. You definitely want to pack in those Res points where possible, but you'll tap out at 75%, and that still leaves a pretty big window for damage that'll hurt if you're not focused. Plus side is in IO's and set bonuses for Scrappers, it's pretty easy to get a robust amount of S/L/Melee Defense built up around your Res build, making a Scrapper inadvertently "tanky" as a result. You do have to remember that those Def bonuses are all imaginary and have no debuff protection, so you could loose some (or all) of it at any given moment against the wrong mob type, although this same thing applies to Tankers the big difference is they can achieve that value with 90% Res backing them up, and a 90% Res Tanker can deal with a pretty extreme amount compared to 75% on a Scrapper.

The goal of the Scrapper is to be just strong enough to get in, kill everything, and move on. Not to linger, not to sign autographs. In, out, next spawn. You trade survivability for aggressive damage options. Having said that...

19 hours ago, Xandyr said:

[Shield/DM]'s actually my latest tank I'm working on 

How far along in your progression with this character are you? It may be worth the consideration of rerolling it as a Scrapper. DM/SD is a very strong performer for Scrappers both in the combination of Soul Drain, and AAO helping to round up mobs and provide even more fuel for Dark Melee's very strong ST capabilities. Taking the previous block of discussion about Res builds and bringing that note here, a big contrast in how builds perform for Scrappers vs. Tanker is Defense based builds. Defensive sets will perform similarly regardless of either AT because they're both under the same restrictions of 45% Softcap for regular play, and 59% for Incarnate stuff. The few of these sets that are hybrids with Resistance components will end up seeing similar values between the two AT's too.

Shield, Invulnerability, Willpower, Bio Armor all have hybrid components. Shield is probably the most aggressive offense option, Invuln ties in Dull Pain for atleast some semblance of a heal component, Willpower is so-so, and Bio Armor is also highly offense related if you stick Offensive Mode.

In any case, Dark Melee has a -ToHit component to its attacks which adds to how well your Defense metrics are going to work (-ToHit works like reverse +Def). If you're not interested in rolling DM/SD, then I'd suggest looking at DM/Invuln then as a counter.

Looking outside of the box of your original thoughts, and pointing to what Infinitum talked about, I'd also encourage an EM/Bio or EM/NrgA Scrapper after Energy Melee comes out of Beta, it'll be a high powered target killer.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sir Myshkin said:

If you're used to Tankers, you'll have to realign your thought process on what the role of a Scrapper is compared to what you're used to. Yes, you're still dive bombing the next spawn, but it's to mow through them, not to Alpha, not to protect anyone (per-say, dead mobs deal no damage after all). You'll also be working with a shorter supply of stats comparatively (less HP, lower Res caps) but have more damage potential, which is the key point here.

When it comes to Scrappers, unlike Tankers you can't rely on a Resistance-focused build. You definitely want to pack in those Res points where possible, but you'll tap out at 75%, and that still leaves a pretty big window for damage that'll hurt if you're not focused. Plus side is in IO's and set bonuses for Scrappers, it's pretty easy to get a robust amount of S/L/Melee Defense built up around your Res build, making a Scrapper inadvertently "tanky" as a result. You do have to remember that those Def bonuses are all imaginary and have no debuff protection, so you could loose some (or all) of it at any given moment against the wrong mob type, although this same thing applies to Tankers the big difference is they can achieve that value with 90% Res backing them up, and a 90% Res Tanker can deal with a pretty extreme amount compared to 75% on a Scrapper.

The goal of the Scrapper is to be just strong enough to get in, kill everything, and move on. Not to linger, not to sign autographs. In, out, next spawn. You trade survivability for aggressive damage options. Having said that...

How far along in your progression with this character are you? It may be worth the consideration of rerolling it as a Scrapper. DM/SD is a very strong performer for Scrappers both in the combination of Soul Drain, and AAO helping to round up mobs and provide even more fuel for Dark Melee's very strong ST capabilities. Taking the previous block of discussion about Res builds and bringing that note here, a big contrast in how builds perform for Scrappers vs. Tanker is Defense based builds. Defensive sets will perform similarly regardless of either AT because they're both under the same restrictions of 45% Softcap for regular play, and 59% for Incarnate stuff. The few of these sets that are hybrids with Resistance components will end up seeing similar values between the two AT's too.

Shield, Invulnerability, Willpower, Bio Armor all have hybrid components. Shield is probably the most aggressive offense option, Invuln ties in Dull Pain for atleast some semblance of a heal component, Willpower is so-so, and Bio Armor is also highly offense related if you stick Offensive Mode.

In any case, Dark Melee has a -ToHit component to its attacks which adds to how well your Defense metrics are going to work (-ToHit works like reverse +Def). If you're not interested in rolling DM/SD, then I'd suggest looking at DM/Invuln then as a counter.

Looking outside of the box of your original thoughts, and pointing to what Infinitum talked about, I'd also encourage an EM/Bio or EM/NrgA Scrapper after Energy Melee comes out of Beta, it'll be a high powered target killer.

Appreciate the thoughts and advice. The SD/DM tank is level 34 I believe.

On 11/9/2020 at 11:08 PM, InvaderStych said:

This.

Dark/Rad/Soul

Just about no problems, but under heavy de-buffs /Rad still gets in over its head.  Soloing DA arcs I learned quickly to take down the BP radiation bosses immediately on sight.  PPD Awakened will eat your lunch in large groups.  Soloing +4x8 Cims is my current challenge - once I get back into game again.  As scrappers go though, I don't remember having any more durable than my Kat/Rad.  Which doesn't say a ton - there are oodles of better builders an players than I on these boards, lol.

But a Soul Drain fed Ground Zero inside Meltdown sounds just downright delicious.

Zero End Problems with this route as well.

As long as you don't expect the same HP pool, Absorb pool from PS, and resist cap, then no, definitely not.  Love my Kat/Rad and on teams I tend to try to stay just ahead of the flow, soak an alpha or two, drop big AoE, if I do end up in trouble the team has caught up long before it becomes an issue.

I started a kat/rad scrapper he is level 28 atm. I searched the forums for a descent build to start from. Most builds I found go for the sorcery pool. But I don't want that, I prefer the concealment pool.

Anybody got a good start build for me? 

2 hours ago, dsrghrom said:

Anybody got a good start build for me? 

Define "Good," lol.  There are better builds out there than mine, I am certain of it.  But I posted it in another thread with some disclaimers and info on how I play it.  (link below) It's still a bit of a mess in places - probably too many slots in Particle Shielding and Gamma Boost and , common IOs in DA, and only one slot in Tough - also didn't really leverage set bonuses as well as it could.  I wouldn't copy this exactly, but you might get some ideas.  IIRC collecting the sets I put in armors was relatively cheap to do while leveling.

But it is where I landed on the journey to 50.  Scrapper ATOs (standard, not superior) are cheaper on the market than buying them with straight merits, so those are easy to get.  If you're short on inf, run a "Summer Block Buster" when you hit 50 for that guaranteed purple drop on a toon's first time through, craft and sell that puppy on the market and go from there.  Running through Dark Astoria at x8 - I solo'd most of it although I did round up a team to take down Mot at the end - is a great way to stack a ton of inf and drops post-50.  And it's a really fun series of arcs.

Also, check the Guides and Market section for easy ways to grab some inf without actually needing to "play" the market.  I don't consider myself a "marketeer," but I do use it as a tool to keep a "better than modest" pool of inf available.  By the board standards I'm probably "middle class" in the economic strata, lol.

I just kept GD franken-slotted until I could pickup the Winter-Os over time.  The +50% crit proc should probably be moved, and in theory I could/should drop Flashing Steel, but I haven't decided if I really want to do that yet.  The proc fires there nicely, but FS isn't part of Katana's "best" attack chain, apparently.

Also, Rad Therapy had 3 pcs of Theft of Essence, and 2 pieces of Touch of the Nictus for those bonuses while I was leveling.  I'm not really happy with the current slotting shown, but I haven't come up with a plan for a respec yet.  I don't remember what was in Moonbeam before I dropped

Note: When you *do* get those Epic Damage Procs, don't put them in Ground Zero.  It's long recharge means they aren't firing as often as they could, and since their proc rate is higher (4.5ppm) there's no need to limit them to powers with a "guaranteed" 90% fire rate like GZ.  So that one will probably stay in RT once I do respec.

I haven't tried Sorcery pool yet, so I can't speak to it.  Thematically it wouldn't fit with the toon though, and I knew I wanted Shadow Meld.  Moonbeam turned out more useful than I expected, but I don't know how to make it into a perma-auto-snipe via having oodles of to-hit, or something, so it's not part of the attack chain. It's more of a way to take out annoying things (Sappers, etc) right off the bat, tag runners, or pull if I need to separate a couple groups from each other.

The only thing I would take from Concealment on a Scrapper would be Stealth, unless I wanted Invis/Phase for thematic reasons.

Edited by InvaderStych

I have 4 50s atm, all of them are fully geared. Full builds cost about 1bil. 

I don't like power leveling. I like concealment for ghosting some missions. Thats why I have it on most of my builds. The concept is a futuristic samoerai. All my builds can solo 4/8, but almost always play at 3/8. It plays a little less tedious. 

• Like 2

This is the build i caame up with.

Im pretty sure there is alot of room for improvements.

Hero Plan by Mids' Reborn : Hero Designer 2.7.2.10
https://github.com/Crytilis/mids-reborn-hero-designer

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Oishi : Level 50 Mutation Scrapper
Primary Power Set: Katana
Secondary Power Set: Radiation Armor
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Fighting
Power Pool: Concealment
Ancillary Pool: Soul Mastery

Hero Profile:
Level 1: Sting of the Wasp -- AchHee-ResDeb%(A), Hct-Dmg/Rchg(3), Hct-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), Hct-Acc/Rchg(5), Hct-Dmg/EndRdx(5), Hct-Dam%(45)
Level 1: Alpha Barrier -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(7), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(7), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(9)
Level 2: Gamma Boost -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 4: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(11)
Level 6: Proton Armor -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(9), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(11), UnbGrd-Max HP%(13)
Level 8: Divine Avalanche -- Ksm-ToHit+(A), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(13), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(15), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(15), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(17)
Level 10: Fallout Shelter -- StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(A), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx(19), Ags-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(19), Ags-ResDam(21), Ags-Psi/Status(21)
Level 12: Super Jump -- Empty(A)
Level 14: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(25), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(46)
Level 16: Radiation Therapy -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/EndRdx(25), Prv-EndRdx/Rchg(27), Prv-Heal/Rchg(27), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(29), Prv-Absorb%(29)
Level 18: The Lotus Drops -- Arm-Dmg/Rchg(A), Arm-Dam%(31), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(31), Arm-Acc/Rchg(31), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(33), AnlWkn-%ToHit(33)
Level 20: Beta Decay -- DarWtcDsp-Slow%(A)
Level 22: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 24: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(33), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(34), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(34), GldArm-3defTpProc(34)
Level 26: Soaring Dragon -- SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprCrtStr-Dmg/Rchg(36), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(36), SprCrtStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(36), SprCrtStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(37), SprCrtStr-Rchg/+50% Crit(37)
Level 28: Particle Shielding -- Prv-Heal(A), Prv-Heal/Rchg(37), Prv-Heal/Rchg/EndRdx(39)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def(39)
Level 32: Golden Dragonfly -- SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg(A), SprScrStr-Dmg/Rchg(39), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(40), SprScrStr-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprScrStr-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(40), SprScrStr-Rchg/+Crit(46)
Level 35: Moonbeam -- Apc-Dmg/Rchg(A), Apc-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(42), Apc-Acc/Rchg(48), Apc-Dmg/EndRdx(48), Apc-Dam%(48)
Level 38: Stealth -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 41: Shadow Meld -- LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(A), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg(42), LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(42), LucoftheG-Def(43), LucoftheG-EndRdx/Rchg(43), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(43)
Level 44: Ground Zero -- Obl-Dmg/Rchg(A), Obl-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(45), NmnCnv-Heal/Rchg(45)
Level 47: Build Up -- AdjTrg-ToHit(A), AdjTrg-ToHit/Rchg(50), GssSynFr--Build%(50)
Level 49: Invisibility -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(46), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(50)
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Critical Hit 
Level 1: Prestige Power Dash -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Slide -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Quick -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Rush -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Prestige Power Surge -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Clr-Stlth(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Heal-I(A)
Level 4: Ninja Run 
Level 2: Swift -- Run-I(A)
Level 2: Health -- Mrc-Rcvry+(A), Pnc-Heal/+End(23)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Jump-I(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(23)
Level 50: Agility Core Paragon 
Level 50: Void Core Final Judgement 
Level 50: Reactive Core Flawless Interface 
Level 50: Longbow Core Superior Ally 
Level 50: Barrier Core Epiphany 
Level 50: Assault Core Embodiment 
Level 35: Experimental Injection 
Level 1: Quick Form 
------------

katana rad scrap 2.mxd

Edited by dsrghrom

21 hours ago, dsrghrom said:

This is the build i caame up with.

Some interesting ideas in there, though it takes me a while to fully read through a build.  Whole lotta melee defense going on there.  I'll have to look deeper to see where it's all coming from.

Couple quick notes though:

How effective is that Dark Watcher's -Rech piece in BD?  I toyed with it in RttC on my sav/wp brute, but it's impact was hard to quantify and when I dropped it I didn't notice too much of a change.

Ditto the +to-hit proc, IIRC it's got a pretty low PPM (2, I think?).  If I was going to put a proc in Lotus it would probably be FoTG -Res, but I prefer that one in GD so it stays relevant against hard targets where Lotus wouldn't be in rotation for most of the fight.

Agility is an interesting choice, for the recharge, yes?  I default too often to just going Musculature for the dmg.  Without Hasten though Agility is probably the way to go.  I should probably spent more time fiddling with iPowers on Beta or something so I have a better sense of when something else would actually be better than Musculature.

Reactive is good for all-round usage.  Degen -MaxHP side is the weapon of choice if you are often soloing AVs though.  Good news is that with all the Empy merits that get thrown at us for Vet levels it's trivial to build multiple iPowers to swap around as needed.  Judge/Lore are things I consider to be "to-taste," so I always pick what best fits the rough "theme" of the toon.

On 11/8/2020 at 9:40 PM, Xandyr said:

Ice/Invuln

I'd actually save the ice/invuln for when you want to give a stalker a try.  Ice melee is best on a stalker as assassin strike is better than greater ice sword that it replaces and ice is a set that doesn't give up any AoE compared to the scrapper version.  Invuln is actually quite nice on a stalker as well and makes them pretty tanky for a stalker.