Assassins Strike bug

I can't say this is new to beta, and I don't think it's necessarily duplicable. One of those random things.

Assassin's Strike, in Energy Melee, neither missed nor hit. Using the slow version. The attack went off. The hit animation and sound played. But no hit OR miss was recorded in the combat log and no damage was done to the enemy.

Is this exclusive to EM for you, @Wavicle? I know that Assassins Strike does have a habit of occasionally animating but not actually firing, across all powersets - sometimes this happens when just landing from a jump and firing off the attack.

Not sure if that's the behaviour you mean, but it might be an old problem.

1 minute ago, Lines said:

Is this exclusive to EM for you, @Wavicle? I know that Assassins Strike does have a habit of occasionally animating but not actually firing, across all powersets - sometimes this happens when just landing from a jump and firing off the attack.

Not sure if that's the behaviour you mean, but it might be an old problem.

Not exactly that behavior but similar. The power is firing off, recharge is initiated, but no Hit or Miss is registered in the Combat log and no damage is done to the mob.

Honestly, I'm not sure, but I sort of think I've experienced the same thing before on other sets.

I think the "just after landing from a jump" thing is actually due to the Interrupt time thinking that you're still in motion. This is a little different.

I don't remember this from before shutdown but I've experienced it across different power sets on HC since I came back.  So it's been happening for over a year.

The other thing related to AS that I've seen but don't remember from before is mobs having time to see me, react, and get a hit in before AS applies damage.  So even if I take out a minion in one shot they have ample time to attack.  This one might be more variable across power sets.  I remember it the most from Staff Fighting, but it seems like I've experienced it to some degree with others as well.

I'm trying now to remember if I've ever seen it happen on a fast AS or only on slow.  I've definitely seen it happen quite a few times on the slow AS from hide.  I can't recall if I've seen it on a fast AS.  This might be why it's not more commonly reported, since the standard advice these days seems to be to use a different attack to open from hide and only use fast AS.

@Jimmy, unable to duplicate, but it might be a non-beta bug. 

• Thanks 1

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

• Jimmy locked this topic