Help Updating Wiki

BlackSpectre

Hello everyone!

We could use some help updating the Homecoming Wiki with the stuff from Issue 27.

I just added pages on the new exploration badge in Kallisti Wharf.

Greatly appreciated!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

What stuff specifically do ya need?  The last thread had a list and we sent screenies....if that's helpful just lemme know what to document!

I can't edit wikis cuz they drive me up the wall but I will gladly gather information for someone else to post 😁

Here is the thread I started a while back that was essentially for this purpose (the one EmmySky was referring to). I intended it as a place to request specific in-game info that might have been too time-consuming for any one wiki editor to collect themselves, and it worked well for that purpose. Feel free to post in there if there is specific information that you would like help gathering in-game so it can be added to the wiki.

There is also a wiki-specific club if you would like to join. It may seem somewhat quiet but several of the regular wiki contributors (myself included) do check the forums regularly.

I have some plans to update some things related to Issue 27 in the next day or three (and I added some updates last night), but my presence on the wiki has been a bit lighter of late because I just wrapped up a fairly intensive wiki update project about a month ago and I've been focusing more on a couple of other projects in the meantime.

48 minutes ago, Grouchybeast said:

I'm going to try to add Sonic Manipulation to the Wiki.  I'm very much not an experienced wiki editor, so wish me luck!

download.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I used to play under the handle @Purple Clown, back on Live. Now I play under @Lunchmoney

I'm in the UK and play on Reunion.

I've added the Sonic Manipulation page.  I haven't put in the Enhancement or Powerset info for each power.  I don't have the beta build installed, or a Sonic Manipulation character on Live, sorry, so I can't check the values.

ETA: I wasn't sure what to do about using PBAoE v. Melee (AoE).  In the end I used PBAoE to be consistent with the rest of the wiki.

Edited by Grouchybeast
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

2 hours ago, Grouchybeast said:

I've added the Sonic Manipulation page.  I haven't put in the Enhancement or Powerset info for each power.  I don't have the beta build installed, or a Sonic Manipulation character on Live, sorry, so I can't check the values.

ETA: I wasn't sure what to do about using PBAoE v. Melee (AoE).  In the end I used PBAoE to be consistent with the rest of the wiki.

Looks great so far! I am actually in the process of moving the PBAoE category over to Melee AoE, and after that I'll move Targeted AoE over to Ranged AoE. I'm mostly just waiting for the site to finish propagating the changes. There will be a redirect in place so all the old links will still work, but there are 100+ pages that link to the PBAoE category page (and probably a roughly equivalent number that link to the Targeted AoE category) so I imagine eventually the old links (PBAoE and Targeted AoE) will need replacing with the new links (Melee AoE and Ranged AoE) to reduce confusion. I'll see what I can tackle over the next few days.

I went and added pages for the new issue 27 badges, since I have the descriptions for them on hand. Haven't edited pages to add links to the badges that may need them, that's a project for another time.

For the defeat badges I copied the Where to Find info from similar badges from the same enemy groups, so hopefully that information is accurate enough.

There's one badge (Brass Hunter) that I noticed a spelling mistake in (two words swapped in a sentence). I posted about it in the bugs forum, and for now just copied the description as its displayed in game to the wiki. It can be changed if the spelling error is ever corrected.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Piyerus said:

I went and added pages for the new issue 27 badges, since I have the descriptions for them on hand.

Thanks for doing that! I noticed that the badge that was referred to on the forums as 'Winged Nuisance' is actually called 'Flying Nuisance' in-game, at least in the incarnations I have seen it on Brainstorm. I didn't want to change it on the wiki just in case it was called 'Winged Nuisance' somewhere in-game, but I just wanted to bring it up to make sure.

11 hours ago, AboveTheChemist said:

Thanks for doing that! I noticed that the badge that was referred to on the forums as 'Winged Nuisance' is actually called 'Flying Nuisance' in-game, at least in the incarnations I have seen it on Brainstorm. I didn't want to change it on the wiki just in case it was called 'Winged Nuisance' somewhere in-game, but I just wanted to bring it up to make sure.

That's what we get for trusting the patch notes. 😔 I've made the move.

Edited by Aberrant
  • Thanks 1

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!