New Energy Melee - Thoughts?

Troo

2 minutes ago, Troo said:

BuildUp > ET > TF > ET > BS > Char ended up being the realistic/non-optimized single target attack chain.

I couldn't get mine better than that. BU - ET long - TF - ET short - Gloom - BS and BU is only usable every 3 chain, I think. Still haven't figured out if BU is better before or after that first ET.

• 1 month later

Comparing it to Street Justice, it feels like the new Energy Melee stole their tricks and do them better. Street justice is... nor a top rated set. I could be wrong.

My only EM build so far is a rebuild of a War Mace/Dark Armor build meant to stack stuns. Energy Melee does this better than War Mace, and the build feels like it actually works with EM. I am not even taking Total Focus of Energy Transfer as the build is laid out now. 😮

Some day I will build a regen/self heal build that actually uses Energy Transfer... Another idea for an alt! Great, I only have about 150 alts!

4 hours ago, Cidri said:

build meant to stack stuns.

I like this. EM is great at stunning targets.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

On old live I had a Fire/EM tanker I retired after the nerf.  I made the same combo as a brute.  Single target damage is quite satisfying, but the new cone is underwhelming on a brute (may be better for a tanker).  Best on Malta and Crey missions with bosses that need to be CCed. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

28 minutes ago, Heraclea said:

...but the new cone is underwhelming on a brute (may be better for a tanker). 

Agreed, I think the cone is best on a Stalker (more damage) and Tanker (more targets). Having only a 5 target cap on the low damage version of Power Crash makes it potentially skippable for Scrappers and Brutes (where I'd take Whirling over PC). For a Tanker, I would take PC over Whirling...and for Stalker PC is one of the best Stalker AoEs in the game.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

On 12/2/2020 at 7:32 PM, 0th Power said:

I have to avoid using powercrash so I don’t use corpse punch slow energy transfer. 

Tekken, is that you?

Dumb attempt at doubling up on a joke out of the way:

Are people skipping power crash once they get to epic?  This is what I was expecting would start happening so I'm curious if we've had enough time with it to decide.

Btw, I still think the set is slightly op on stalker.

Edited by Replacement

12 hours ago, Bopper said:

Having only a 5 target cap on the low damage version of Power Crash makes it potentially skippable for Scrappers

I much prefer PC over WH on my Scrapper solely because it does more damage against a single target and doesn't have the inflated animation time that WH does thanks to that full half second of standing around at the end doing nothing. The reduced cap compared to it is meaningless for me since my job as EM is to nuke the bosses and not the spawns anyway.

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.