Stealth?

Ultimo

So... I wondered if the Concealment power pool was scheduled for a revamp... because it sure could use one.

I have a mentalist character that uses Stealth.  I would upgrade that to Invisibility... but then Stealth is a wasted power.  Why would I use Stealth when I have Invisibility?  So, I wondered if there was going to be some adjustment to the pool.

My thinking was to replace Stealth with an PBAOE Placate and leave the other powers as they are.  Any other ideas?

Invisibility doesn't let you interact with things or other players. Honestly, I'd rather see Invisibility get a revamp as it's less powerful than Stealth with the IO stealth proc.

• Like 1
Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

1 hour ago, Luminara said:

Take Grant Invisibility instead of Stealth.

Only works if you're named Grant.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I know a lot of PvP Stalkers who would RIP your face off if you got Stealth changed. Stalkers use Stealth to layer their invisibility levels so that people with stacked perception still can't see them until it's too late.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Solarverse said:

I know a lot of PvP Stalkers who would RIP your face off if you got Stealth changed. Stalkers use Stealth to layer their invisibility levels so that people with stacked perception still can't see them until it's too late.

15 hours ago, Gulbasaur said:

Invisibility doesn't let you interact with things or other players. Honestly, I'd rather see Invisibility get a revamp as it's less powerful than Stealth with the IO stealth proc.

Hm, fair points.

18 hours ago, Gulbasaur said:

This was changed a few updates back. Invisibility now lets you attack/be attacked but you lose all the defense bonus and stealth if this happens. Basically as of right now the options are this;

• Stealth gives you partial invisibility and a small defense bonus which remains even if you engage in combat
  • Invisibility gives you full invisibility and a larger defense bonus which does goes away entirely if you engage in combat
Edited by macskull

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

22 minutes ago, macskull said:

This was changed a few updates back. Invisibility now lets you attack/be attacked but you lose all the defense bonus and stealth if this happens. Basically as of right now the options are this;

• Stealth gives you partial invisibility and a small defense bonus which remains even if you engage in combat
  • Invisibility gives you full invisibility and a larger defense bonus which does goes away entirely if you engage in combat

This is what I thought, but that makes Stealth useless once you have Invisibility...

56 minutes ago, Ultimo said:

This is what I thought, but that makes Stealth useless once you have Invisibility...

Depends on what you are using it for. Back pre i13, I used to PvP like crazy. It was pretty much all I did. i13 changed that with the famous PvP nerf they brought in that has never changed since then, but...when I played as a Spines/SR Stalker, I had Stealth and Invisibility. I would stack Invisibility with a Stealth I.O. along with Hide....even somebody with stacked Perception could not see me unless I was literally standing right in front of their faces. I would come up behind them, click Stealth (which allowed me to transition from Invis to Stealth in order to activate Assassin's Strike) and then go for the kill. Most always, Heroes would come out of nowhere and everywhere to kill my Stalker after killing their precious Empathy Healer...so I had to run like hell. I would hit Invisibility again and with my insane Defense, I would be right back in to full Hide+Invis+Stealth I.O. in no time and leaving behind a bunch of sad faced panda Scrappers who got all excited to kill a Stalker and had to watch their precious catch get away. It teased the living hell out of them and I loved it.

When a Scrapper seen a Stalker, they foamed at the mouth in anticipation of killing a Stalker. Killing Stalkers was a Scrapper's wet dream come true....it was always satisfying denying them their trophy. I would have never been able to pull that off if not for having both Stealth and Invis in my build.

Edited by Solarverse
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Ultimo said:

Not necessarily, sometimes I want that few percent of extra defense while in combat. Honestly of the two powers I'd argue Invisibility is probably the less useful, but at the very least it's a good place to mule defense set IOs (LotG, +res, scaling +res, KB protection) in builds that otherwise don't have access to them.

• Like 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube