Kinetic Melee

Ironscarlet

I would like to hear everyone opinion on this set. It is very hard to find good info on this set.

Here are a few question  I pounder

1. Does the damage boost and siphon only work when power siphon up or is it always on and power siphon is just more buffs.

2. Since this power  uses damage buff at its core. Does this effect your damage cap so at full furry  is the damage boost negated? Does this make brute the best or worst class to use  this power set.

3. What armor pairs well. I was thinking bio, shield or wp but is there a better option.

I've played a few kinetic  specs up to 28 but always feel not up to par with  my rad/bio tank and I keep rerolling. Just really want something to sink in well with Kinetic.

1. Damage boost only works while Power Siphon is up.  Enemy damage reduction is always on.

2. Brute Fury gets nowhere near the total Brute +dam% cap.  Outside of some Rage shenanigans or eating a tray of reds, I've never seen a solo Brute have to worry about actually hitting the cap.

3. There are no bad Brute defensive sets.  Kinetic Melee isn't unusually endurance hungry, so there's nothing in particular to avoid.  -Dam doesn't directly interact with any other mechanic (like defense and tohit do), so there's nothing to particularly synergize.  Radiation melee and Bio armor are both generally considered overtuned right now, so it's unlikely anything will feel as easy as that... but if you haven't played a shield toon and you have a concept that works for it, I'd suggest giving that a shot.

No-Set Builds: Tanker Scrapper Brute Stalker

Kin/shield scrapper. Scrappers benefit more from +dmg. /shield has a way to crank damage and adds another AoE.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

Shield wouldnt be bad on a Brute - Sheild is a great set, would be a great set still if you straight up deleted AAO and Shield Charge and replaced them with mandatory powers that did nothing.

Shield is just that good.

That being said, Shield’s greatest mechanic is a +DAM Buff.  Brutes have the lowest base damage of any melee AT, and leverage their damage back up off of the (up to) 200% buff you can get from Fury (I find I never get past 180% or so, even when aggro-capped by baddies and swinging as fast as I can).

Thus, while shield makes a good brute, brutes dont make the best shield - if that makes any sense.  If I was gonna /Shield, Id do it on a scrapper.  Scrappers higher base leveraged across AAO is just silly in its math results.  I might also Shield on a Tank - but a Shield Scrapper softcaps all positions already with IOs/Incarnates, so going Tank doesnt add huge value while losing that ludicrous damage.

For a tank, Id probably go Dark, with a Staff and a Plan, if I were being logical about it - but thats another post.

No personal feedback on Radiation (though I hear good things!)

As to Bio - I have a 50 Bio Brute.  Bio is monstrous on a Brute.  In its efficient adaptation, its regen and recovery admirably fills the ‘gogogogogogo’ playstyle that Fury rewards.  In its defensive adaptation, it suffers (relatively) less from the damage debuff than other ATs, as its running low base damage and a massive +DAM buff, so the -DAM penalty is less noticeable.  Also, in defensive stance, its easier to softcap Smash/Lethal Reisit and the vast majority of Typed defenses (you can do it without defensive stance, but you have a lot more build room for recharge or what-you-will if you aim for ‘enough to cap with Defensive Stance Bonuses).

Offensive Stance is relatively less value for the Brute - again, lower base, so the +% damage isnt as noticeable.  Still, every bit helps if your in a position to afford the resist hit - but Im more ‘offensive’ in efficient stance - I find the bonus END and regen frees me for more madness, and the damage bonus I didnt notice much.

The obverse of the above is I think Brute is the -best- AT if your planning on using Bioarmor.  Bioarmor on a tank is a bit gilding lillies, once IOs and Accolades and Incarnates hit the board - if you can softcap defenses and some types on the Brute, the tank gets less added value from the set - so be a brute and do more damage.  On the opposite side, Bioarmor is a massive +regen set (that just happens to add good DEF and RES bases on top of it!) - as a result, the higher HP of Brute, coupled with an ability to softcap S/L resist, suggests to me that if you want Bioarmor, Brute is logical.

Great Justice - Invuln/Energy Melee Tank

Ann Atomic - Radiation/Super Strength Tank

Elecutrix - Electric Blast/Super Reflexes Sentinel

Ramayael - Titan Weapons/Bio Scrapper

C'len - Spines/Bio Brute

KM is best o a scrapper, not just because scrapper benefit more from + damage,. Their tier 9 power if it crits it resets the cooldown on siphon power,. Making almost perm.

AS for concept steal mine I use on live,..KM/EA SCRAPPER,..he literally stole his opponents strength and speed to boost his own. I called him SIPHERION. 

3. What armor pairs well. I was thinking bio, shield or wp but is there a better option.

Kin/Shield would probably deliver a good synergy for what you're aiming for. Shield provides the same +Dmg and -Dmg perks, and on top of that it's pretty easy to soft cap its defenses with IOs. So you can be impossible to hit and add some layered mitigation by reducing what damage does come through.

PQAzhGk.png Make Energy Melee Great Again! Join the discussion.

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png