An inf sink suggestion (or two)

Ukase

1. Have p2w sell increased salvage storage from whatever it may be on our characters to +10, +20 for some outrageous price, like a million per increase of 1. 

2. Same with recipes. 

3. For a truly outrageous sum - allow a new bin in the sg bases to stash recipes. Like 20 million to hold 10 recipes, 75 million to hold 50 recipes. 100 Million to hold 100 recipes. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CursedSorcerer said:

Another idea, have it so that we can give Inf. to the panhandlers and homeless people you may have seen in Kings Row or other poorer districts of Paragon City. Maybe even have badges for giving X number of Inf. like:

Charitable

Giver

Philantropist

etc,

THIS would be SO great!!!

Again with the recipe storage suggestions...

1. Check Recipe list 

2. See if you have all the requirements 

3. AH what you need, and dropping the the recipe in allows a short cut to show its explicit requirements 

4. ???

5.  Profit, dump in a table in SG.

Literally why would you store a recipe when you already have the required salvage for 75% of it, badging doest count as an excuse because how many characters do you seriously want to badge just the IO buildin?  Game shits out so much stuff you are going to be deleting and selling the stuff you don't need.  Make the enhancement and save the useful one onto a rack, don't waste time running around digging through racks later when a few minutes now can create the item.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

1 hour ago, Outrider_01 said:

1. Check Recipe list 

3. AH what you need, and dropping the the recipe in allows a short cut to show its explicit requirements 

4. ???

Literally why would you store a recipe when you already have the required salvage for 75% of it, badging doest count as an excuse because how many characters do you seriously want to badge just the IO buildin?  Game shits out so much stuff you are going to be deleting and selling the stuff you don't need.  Make the enhancement and save the useful one onto a rack, don't waste time running around digging through racks later when a few minutes now can create the item.

It's an idea for an inf sink, so the idea is to get rid of excess inf without adding anything *necessary* for the cost.

Also, I too like the idea of giving money to NPCs and maybe getting badges in exchange, always broke into houses and left extra gold behind for the poor people in the various Elder Scrolls games so it's right up my alley.  And villain versions can have names tweaked for "villain with good PR" theme.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, CursedSorcerer said:

Another idea, have it so that we can give Inf. to the panhandlers and homeless people you may have seen in Kings Row or other poorer districts of Paragon City. Maybe even have badges for giving X number of Inf. like:

Charitable

Giver

Philantropist

etc,

I think that would only make sense if the poor start to look less poor, as they earn more money from us. If we give them money to buy a mansion, and they continue to look like beggars, I will not feel that I am helping them much. lol

2 hours ago, Dragon Crush said:

It's an idea for an inf sink, so the idea is to get rid of excess inf without adding anything *necessary* for the cost.

Also, I too like the idea of giving money to NPCs and maybe getting badges in exchange, always broke into houses and left extra gold behind for the poor people in the various Elder Scrolls games so it's right up my alley.  And villain versions can have names tweaked for "villain with good PR" theme.

The badge, great its always a good idea.  Other option is to just put it on an alt and delete it like a mad man.

The third option you suggested, storing recipes

Spoiler

salvage.thumb.png.a142943405b93e91e8d85a9132ca5990.png

40 orange salvage and 1 recipe to 169/172 salvage 50 recipes, 30 minutes in a fire farm.  Most are trash though, a LoTG at least

You really want to store recipes in a SG storage bin?  Sort and dig through all that repeatedly, You are going to have to go to SG, drag and drop into bin, come back later, pull out, check salvage or use AH outside SG, create, and then go to SG to drop in the bin after dragging from enhancement tray. 

Or find a few minutes, check recipes, check AH for needed salvage, pull out the table, create, go to SG, drag and drop the into the enhancement bin.  Then just pull out the enhancements from a table when you need it.

It only bugs me when everyone is "I need a storage rack for recipes" when its quicker to just create the enhancement and drop it on the table when you have it.  Its even faster to just focus on the stuff like Pancrea +hp/end, Performance shifter, LoTG, and purples that drop.  Can go for certain sets you desire, but the more popular IOs are a small fortune to save.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

45 minutes ago, Outrider_01 said:

You really want to store recipes in a SG storage bin?

No, not really. But if it's a stupid pointless thing others will burn influence on, well then it works as an inf sink.

Some things I think are important for inf sinks are that some people decide to waste money on them, and they offer no significant advantage so as to not be a poor tax.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Outrider_01 said:

1. Check Recipe list 

4. ???

I'd like to be clear. I craft every day. I enjoy it. 
I have never, ever, needed more room for recipes. I seldom have more than 15-20, because I typically sink 10M in the crafting table at level 1. 

My reason for suggesting it is it would give a lot of players a place to sink their influence. I know of at least half a dozen players who have 100 Billion or so, despite kitting out their numerous alts. They play a lot, they have merits for days, inf for days and purples for days. I know I do. Seems like the more I give away, the better the RNG treats me. 

When I read in game that folk are spending a zillion inf on the winter packs, just seems to me we could use more places to sink influence. That's why I make the suggestion. It has nothing to do with me needing more space in my own inventory. 

Salvage, on the other hand..I don't particularly enjoy MSRs, (VG merits for 10 more salvage) particularly when I know half the people are afk with attacks on auto fire...I'd spend 10M to get more salvage space. I'd spend 100M to stash another 100. Sure easy enough to sell it - but invariably, when I sell it - later, I'll need it. But if I can keep it, I won't have to buy it. 

18 hours ago, CursedSorcerer said:

Charitable

Giver

Philantropist

etc,

This idea I love

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

A Recipe Storage would also provide an easier means of shifting large quantities of Recipes from one character to another.

For that alone, I endorse it!

The Badges and beggars idea is also good, but mayhaps it deserves its own thread for the appropriate attention?  There's a LOT we could do with the idea (and if I recall, it's been suggested since Issue 0!).

19 hours ago, Ukase said:

3. For a truly outrageous sum - allow a new bin in the sg bases to stash recipes. Like 20 million to hold 10 recipes, 75 million to hold 50 recipes. 100 Million to hold 100 recipes. 

I think this would be great - it'd let me dump them all in the bin and do a mass crafting binge every so often. Those prices seem a bit low to me though, but they can always be tweaked.

I'm okay with these. Maybe there should be a corresponding way to earn them outside of purchase as well.

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum