Before Some Gamer Wiz Kid Takes it From Me...

Solarverse

YOUR POST IS WRONG!

... oh, wait, wrong post and subforum for that. Carry on.

🙂

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Just now, Greycat said:

YOUR POST IS WRONG!

... oh, wait, wrong post and subforum for that. Carry on.

🙂

LOL. Man, I kid you not, I have seen people get that number all the way down to 32 seconds and I am just like, "HOW!?!?"

1 minute ago, Solarverse said:

LOL. Man, I kid you not, I have seen people get that number all the way down to 32 seconds and I am just like, "HOW!?!?"

Combat/superjump and a kin, I believe. I don't have the reflexes.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

Just now, Greycat said:

Combat/superjump and a kin, I believe. I don't have the reflexes.

I used Ninja Run and Afterburner...that got me going pretty damn fast, but not fast enough to keep anyone from over taking me.

6 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Inertial Reduction, iirc from back on Live, was the Kinetics power to add to the mix

Wouldn't that cause you to get too much air when going over bumps? It's pretty easy to ski too high over check points.

37 minutes ago, Solarverse said:

Wouldn't that cause you to get too much air when going over bumps? It's pretty easy to ski too high over check points.

I believe it was the amount of control over the jump/movement the power offered.  Similar to the difference between either Combat Jumping or Hurdle, or having (back in day) both.   Been too long since I've personally used it on the ski courses to be certain though ... memories being decade old and all that.

As in Inertial Reduction.

Edited by Doomguide2005

10 minutes ago, Doomguide2005 said:

I believe it was the amount of control over the jump/movement the power offered.  Similar to the difference between either Combat Jumping or Hurdle, or having (back in day) both.   Been too long since I've personally used it on the ski courses to be certain though ... memories being decade old and all that.

As in Inertial Reduction.

I know the feeling all too well on the old memory thing, lol. Appreciate the tip.

On 12/8/2020 at 10:06 PM, Solarverse said:

I've just reached the silver time, let alone gold or 32 seconds!

• Sad 1

I used to play under the handle @Purple Clown, back on Live. Now I play under @Lunchmoney

I'm in the UK and play on Reunion.

Fastest speed I've gotten on the luge course is about 42 seconds. SS+SJ, taking the left fork through the portal and immediately jumping to the right to the next waypoint, and taking the left at the second fork as well. I don't know how to go any faster than that.

It's not *fast* (58 seconds on my attempt) but a Warshade in Dwarf makes it a literal "run" that's amusing on its own.

• Like 1

On 12/8/2020 at 4:06 PM, Solarverse said:

Teleport chains.
You get 8 people on a team.
Slot  teleport for minimal interrupt BUT NOT ENDURANCE REDUX.
Position at the last 7 "gates" on the run.
Create a bind to broadcast/team/Request "NOW!"
Have the "guinea pig" start the run.  At the appropriate gate hit the chat macro and have the first person hit teleport ally.
Have each person below them watching for the endurance drop of the person before.  Once they see the endurance drop, hit TP ally.

Will have to dig through my screenshots for my best times.

Note: This SOUNDS simple, but teleport chains like this can be REALLY tough to put together.  Even with a team that's really on top of things.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!