Captcha to Access Forum?

59 minutes ago, Seigmoraig said:

I get the white verifying page but I have not had to enter a capcha

Verification pages actually track a ridiculous amount of things. It could be as simple as whether you have the right cookies to what pages you have been to what link you used to get there. Some even track mouse wiggling to look for human-like wiggles.

Doctor Fortune  Soulwright Mother Blight Brightwarden Storm Lantern Shadow Self Corona Borealis
Blood Fortunado Dark/Dark Corruptor Rad/Rad Brute Gravity/Time Controller Storm/Water Defender Warshade Dark/Dark Tanker
The Good Missions Guide: A Heroic Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Blueside Guide Easy IO Cheat Sheet 
The Mean Missions Guide: A Villainous Levelling Journey through Story Arcs Redside Guide Fortunatas are the Bestunatas

1 hour ago, Cipher said:

The browser challenges that have been happening over the last 8 hours are temporary and were enabled in part of a series of steps we took to mitigate several active attacks against our services, with the latest targeting the forums. We ask and thank you for your patience and understanding as we take these necessary steps to ensure that our services remain online and stable.

Thanks

Thanks for the update, Cipher. 

Like I said, if we are under attack then you need to raise shields and call "BATTLE STATIONS!"

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Seigmoraig said:

I get the white verifying page but I have not had to enter a capcha

I've seen one, after several verification pages.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

• City Council
10 minutes ago, Black Zot said:

Cloudflare hosting.  Why am I not surprised?

90+ times out of 100, when a website craps out on me Cloudflare is the middleman.  They love to pass the blame on to the individual websites they host, but they're the common thread ...

Cloudflare isn't a host

You're mixing up causation and correlation. Websites that have, for lack of a better term, issues (due to extreme demand or malicious activity) will employ Cloudflare to help mitigate them, but it's not perfect and won't resolve everything, so you'll still see problems sometimes. Very rarely is Cloudflare actually the cause of any problem, but as with all technology it does very occasionally fail.

If you don't like it, blame the kids and their DDoS attacks, not Cloudflare.

• Thanks 3

Got time to spare? Want to see Homecoming thrive? Consider volunteering as a Game Master!

14 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

Cloudflare isn't a host

You're mixing up causation and correlation. Websites that have, for lack of a better term, issues (due to extreme demand or malicious activity) will employ Cloudflare to help mitigate them, but it's not perfect and won't resolve everything, so you'll still see problems sometimes. Very rarely is Cloudflare actually the cause of any problem, but as with all technology it does very occasionally fail.

If you don't like it, blame the kids and their DDoS attacks, not Cloudflare.

But Jimmy, think of the children!

https://theninecommandments.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/funny-pictures-why-i-oughta-cat.jpg

Edited by Bionic_Flea
  • Haha 1

• 1 year later

This can happen when the site is under DDOS attack or the webmaster wants to shorten the number of entries from the various spammers and bots. Also, it depends on the exact protection protocols webmaster is using to short the number of server entries. Some DDOS attacks are going in various ways, like using the phone number generator services to 404 the phone verification protocols or the sign-up page. Usually, it happens with big social media platforms or dating sites.

Edited by WilfredGilkeyx