Expand the Peregrine Island radio mission enemy group pool?

tristanLV

I may be wrong, but it seems like level 50 PI radio missions are the most popular endgame content. If I send  "+4/8 PI Radio Team LFM" in LFG chat, the team usually fills in less than a minute at any time during the day. However, I think there is an issue with the only available enemy groups being Arachnos, Carnies, Council, and CoT. Would it be possible to add more enemy groups to this list? I think most players use PI radio missions as a sort of arcade method of gaining XP and testing out builds. That being said, it would be awesome if these missions were more randomized with any endgame enemy group (Malta, KoV, Crey, Nemesis, Family, Devouring Earth, etc).

BONUS SUGGESTION: Would it be possible to just randomize a mission to have ANY enemy group? Regardless of their level? For example, level 54 Vahzilok or Outcasts

BONUS BONUS SUGGESTION: What about just a purely random instanced arcade mission? Maybe one that a team could queue into like a DFB? You're thrown into the standard radio mission maps (office, sewers, cave, labs) but the enemy group is completely random and set to the level of the team.

Edited by tristanLV
  • Like 5

Yeah, I've seen this suggested multiple times ....    Most radio teams limit to Council, it would be nice to have more choices that aren't a royal pain for a PUG to do.

I'd love to see the following added:

Freak Show,  Sky Raiders,  5th Column,  Nemesis,  Rikti,   and Family.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Snowdaze said:

It would be nice to have expanded pool of enemies in radios at 50, I think if it's a primal villain group that can go to 50 there should be missions for it. Having effectively only Carnies, CoT and Council is pretty dry.

It feels very dry indeed. It also just doesn't make any sense. There are ZERO Council and Arachnos in Peregrine Island. Yet you find Nemesis, Rikti, DE, and Malta littered everywhere. You would think that the radio missions would align with the enemy groups of the zone. That being said, why not add radio missions for every primal zone? I think it's a bit of a waste to limit zones like Dark Astoria and Rikti War Zone to only story arcs. I suppose the biggest challenge to that would be to add a large number of named mission objectives to the system.

IIRC there's a RWZ contact who gives an endless cycle of Rikti-based missions that are about radio-level of storytelling, so that's already sort of thing.  Makes sense there'd be no radio there but that the Vanguard would be giving them out, right?

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Don't bother with those farming chores...
Skip your homework on the Market...
Play any power sets that you want...
Because this game is easy.  Go have fun!

You'll be perfectly fine, promise! 

╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

4 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

IIRC there's a RWZ contact who gives an endless cycle of Rikti-based missions that are about radio-level of storytelling, so that's already sort of thing.  Makes sense there'd be no radio there but that the Vanguard would be giving them out, right?

Indeed, Borea in the RWZ does something radio-like already, though you also get some hunts - haven't done her missions enough to know if those can be reliably avoided. And actually, Dark Astoria also has Ephram Sha (for heroes) or Maharaj (for villains) who give an endless stream of missions as well - plus bonus threads, merits or super inspirations as mission rewards.

In fact, there are hardly any zones that go up to 50 that don't have a contact for repeatable missions. Cimerora has Marcus Valerius; the Shadow Shard has General Hammond, Dr. Boyd, Lt. Volkov, Lt. Col Flynn and Dr. Huxley (more like the Radio Shard); I thought Night Ward had several, but I guess the repeatable mission contacts there only go up to 39, so that's something that could be expanded.

But based on that, I'm guessing the reason people don't do more radio teams in those zones is less because there aren't any radio-style mission options there, and more because they prefer the enemy types (and/or presence of solid ground) available in Peregrine radio missions.

• Like 1

personally, I don't think Malta should be in Newspaper/radio missions or even open world spawns. They're supposed to be a bit more discreet than that and have bigger goals than rubbing their hands shouting "here's the evil plan!".

That said, I think maybe instead of expanding radios we could get some repeatable contacts in Peregrine for Portal Corp? I mean, infinite dimensions and all that.

• Like 1

On 12/29/2020 at 2:55 AM, Moonscribe said:

In fact, there are hardly any zones that go up to 50 that don't have a contact for repeatable missions. Cimerora has Marcus Valerius; the Shadow Shard has General Hammond, Dr. Boyd, Lt. Volkov, Lt. Col Flynn and Dr. Huxley (more like the Radio Shard);

The repeatable missions in the Shadow Shard lose out badly simply because the zones are so badly laid out for traveling if you're not going to rely on Mission Teleporter/ATT to quickly move you to the mission door. The Kora fruit missions used to be popular when you got a large inspiration from each bush that you harvested, but they declined significantly in popularity when that was changed to medium inspirations. If that were changed to mostly award medium inspirations, with a small chance to get either a small or large inspiration, their popularity could increase. But the Shadow Shard "Go here, examine these monuments" missions never really had anything that would make for a draw past getting an introduction in the next contact in the chain, given the inconvenient nature of the zones.