Hot Feet scatter

SuperPlyx

So recently made a Water/Fire Blaster and took Hot Feet to try. Now I have Hot Feet on my Controller but that has a mass hold . I find on my blaster Hot Feet tends to make them scatter.

Was wondering if anyone has a good way to counter them running away? 

Haven't been able to run my Elec/Fire (too low level yet and dead computer) but the first thing I'd try is to use Slow/Slow sets in addition to Damage to get both into the red and slow their movement to a crawl.  Second it's not far off from epic/mastery powers.  Both Web Envelope and Bonfire could certainly be used to keep them from running.  And possibly other options I'm not thinking of right off.

No experience with Water Blast but I hear it has KB powers.  Any AoE with the ability to slot for KB to KD (like Bonfire) would work too.

Edited by Doomguide2005
Afterthought
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

No experience with Water Blast but I hear it has KB powers.  Any AoE with the ability to slot for KB to KD (like Bonfire) would work too.

If I remember correctly, Hydro Blast and Water Burst are just knockdowns rather than knockback.  Geyser had a mass knockup that launches targets airborne much like KO Blow or Swoop; they won't fly away but they will move slightly.

• Thanks 2

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

2 minutes ago, ZorkNemesis said:

If I remember correctly, Hydro Blast and Water Burst are just knockdowns rather than knockback.  Geyser had a mass knockup that launches targets airborne much like KO Blow or Swoop; they won't fly away but they will move slightly.

Those should work when used to limit fleeing, with Water Burst and Geyser being AoEs--> as well as having further -speed to further limit scattering. 

• Thanks 1

I don't like hotfeet, cost too much end and unlike reaction time and frigid protection, shuts off and needs to be re-toggled when you get mezzed.

People will say it's free damage but are you going to wait for a few ticks of free damage over a couple of seconds to finish off that +4 freakshow boss that can cut your HP in half with one swipe or are you just going to toss another blast into it's face to finish it now? People will say it's free aoe damage, are you going to wait for a few ticks of free damage over a few seconds to kill the 5-8 mobs surrounding you plucking at your HP or are you going to toss a water burst at them and stop the bleeding now?

Controllers need hotfeet for damage, blasters use hotfeet for mitigation. If you are going to use it for damage, there are better options.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Liberty, Torchbearer, Excelsior, Everlasting

Jezebel Delias

Level 50 Fire/Elec/Mace Blaster

I am the Inner Circle!

I did take Bonfire and yes it does help some. The ones it catches but about half the time half of the run. 

As for Geyser , yep it does massive knockup, it's actually kind of hilarious, but not helpful for what we are discussing because it is over so fast and tbh most of them time it is the lead off power. 

But yeah, I'm not liking Hot Feet on a Blaster. Like @Nemusays you better off just killing everything than waiting either for the dots or for them to come back.

I will say other than Hot Feet I am really liking this combo, water for sure is more fun than I thought it would be.

well firstly as for end decent with a superior avalanche slotting anything else probably not great also the single biggest downside to me at 50 was getting some odd mez which means re-toggle over and over ad nauseum works on a domi as i have one of those anything else i dont find it very good tbh my fire blaster it certainly is meh the damage is fine though if it did not de-toggle all the time

• Like 1

The thing is, in terms of damage over time, Hot Feet, as undesirable as the fleeing is (realistic though, set someone's feet on fire and they RUN), Hot Feet makes up a significant chunk of outgoing done damage.

Granted, this works better on Control types, who can actually Immob/Hold someone in the fire.

• Like 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

9 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

The thing is, in terms of damage over time, Hot Feet, as undesirable as the fleeing is (realistic though, set someone's feet on fire and they RUN), Hot Feet makes up a significant chunk of outgoing done damage.

Granted, this works better on Control types, who can actually Immob/Hold someone in the fire.

This and it is a bit set dependent.  As an Elec/Fire Blaster all my secondary except the t1 Immobilize are either melee or PBAoE.  I will be in middle of the spawn.  And further many of those attacks are also DoTs or tics as well ... so the whole waiting for the HF tics is practically happening anyway at least until I get very used to getting a feel for when the DoT is going to down a mob.  At the moment I'd hate to think about how much of my dmg ends up burning corpses.

Edited by Doomguide2005
  • Like 1

On 1/12/2021 at 5:34 AM, SuperPlyx said:

So recently made a Water/Fire Blaster and took Hot Feet to try. Now I have Hot Feet on my Controller but that has a mass hold . I find on my blaster Hot Feet tends to make them scatter.

That's part of the original purpose of the power. It protects you by making enemies run away and therefore not hit you in melee. With Slows, Immobilize, Holds, and Knockdown, you can leverage the damage. I think there are some AoE immobilizes in the Epic sets for Blasters...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vanden said:

You want the scatter effect from Hot Feet. If an enemy is running away, it's not attacking you.

Well yes if you're running a classic mode type of character or on SOs only or any of a number of things players might be doing these days to bring back the old feelings ...

But if you're an "issue 26" Blaster with invention sets and capped defenses maybe not so much.  Getting them to stay and get fried by Hot Feet, Burn and Fire Sword Circle while taking the risk they might smack you one is likely considerably more desirable.  It's one of the many ways the game has changed, often dramatically, over the years.  

But yes I'd want the mag 3 Afraid in there.  There are many ways to make them stay/reduce the scatter if wanted and the option to do it old school if desired remains.  Remove the Afraid and the later option no longer exists, old school simply gets pounded by angry AI.

Edited by Doomguide2005
  • Like 1

On 1/12/2021 at 8:34 AM, SuperPlyx said:

I personally run hotfeet at 6 slots with 1 slow and 5 piece superior avalance with the knockdown proc.

It also has the benefit of melee def for my Son/Fire Blaster

• Like 2

Darksiders GM

So after playing on teams a bit I find that playing beside a melee teammate they don't scatter as much. Also I am just getting use to when it works and when it doesn't. Am definitely going to keep the power. And I like the idea of the knockdown proc in Avalanche ,so I am going to steer into it and 6 slot it.

1: Avalanche/Superior Avalanche: Chance for Knockdown
2: You can slot slows in there.

Spoiler

This Hero build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.2.18
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 49 Magic Blaster
Primary Power Set: Fire Blast
Secondary Power Set: Fire Manipulation

Hero Profile:
Level 1: [Empty]
Level 1: [Empty]
Level 2: [Empty]
Level 4: [Empty]
Level 6: [Empty]
Level 8: [Empty]
Level 10: [Empty]
Level 12: [Empty]
Level 14: [Empty]
Level 16: [Empty]
Level 18: [Empty]
Level 20: [Empty]
Level 22: [Empty]
Level 24: [Empty]
Level 26: [Empty]
Level 28: [Empty]
Level 30: [Empty]
Level 32: [Empty]
Level 35: [Empty]
Level 38: Hot Feet -- SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(A), ScrDrv-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), Mlt-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(39), SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(39), Arm-Dam%(40), PcnoftheT-Acc/Slow(40)
Level 41: [Empty]
Level 44: [Empty]
Level 47: [Empty]
Level 49: [Empty]
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Defiance
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Health -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Stamina -- Empty(A)
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
		|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
		|MxDz;504;238;476;HEX;|
		|78DAF3AD70E159E7DE68CFC0C8EB9C93585C1CEF04244B528B587D13D3339319408|
		|01D8825A1C2F1418979E9A9297A6E9945A910A58A3099E0D28282FCA21288946F62|
		|5E6641694E6249667E1E8360407E7E8E9E675E5966716652664E6649A50858C4B5A|
		|220B528333735AF04AC8E172CE896999E51929997CE0DE1E580B882AE0599C97ACE|
		|F9392940834196554A00DD240FC4FF690BEA8056A8328202E13FABEA3C160606431|
		|606B52A06085D02A51742C4D56D9920F45A46308DCD3C19160628F80F713B832248|
		|0462C37F1F0CD90016A8245084112CF2960B28C2882CF21E43E41D86C8070C1100C|
		|9F6E2E7|
		|-------------------------------------------------------------------|

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

2 hours ago, SuperPlyx said:

So after playing on teams a bit I find that playing beside a melee teammate they don't scatter as much. Also I am just getting use to when it works and when it doesn't. Am definitely going to keep the power. And I like the idea of the knockdown proc in Avalanche ,so I am going to steer into it and 6 slot it.

this is because of taunt aura's in effect they should never run if being hit by a taunt aura just like how a brute can use burn with out enemies running and a scrapper cannot one has taunt aura the other does not result is scrappers dont really use burn and fire armor is abit lack luster

Edited by PainX