A request for Cash back

Strife3

Today I was buying the Salvage to make my IO's so i could enhance a character of mine, I pooled money together to do this.

During that time the Auction House /STOLE/ 412.221.200 influance from me for a YELLOW salvage.

I asked the GM's for help and was told they couldnt do anything about it or refund me the money. I was directed here to ask for said person on Torchbearer if they would refund me the money.

I highly doubt that anyone will say they got it. Come on, the AH doesnt tell us who buys what. So there is no way to figure  out who to talk to.

Thanks for atleast reading, as I told the GM, wont see the cash back but I tried.

Edited by Strife3
  • Haha 1

Strife, you'll need to elaborate. This doesn't sound like a matter of an extra trailing zero or two. An uncommon should pretty much be an instant purchase at 2k. If you bought 10 at a time (the max) that's 20k. Let's say you went 4k each, for 40k. 
That's 4 extra zeros? 

I'll say this - I look at uncommons as trash, and vendor them if I don't use the ones that drop to craft. So I didn't get your influence. The person that did could be on any server. The AH is linked across all shards. 

That said, what's your in game global? There's no way to give it back if we don't know who you are. (Forum handles are often different than in game)

I only put uncommons on the AH about once a month, so I doubt it was any of my characters. And even then, it only the uncommons not used in my own crafting on recipes or SG boosts. I also don't check the final sale prices on salvage so it is unlikely I would even notice.

I can almost imagine the scenario that could lead to lots of lost Inf, but it involves not paying attention.

1. Place some ~10MInf bids on many (ten at a time?) specific (Very Rare? PVP?) Recipes
  2. Jump to the salvage area and start placing bids on salvage (ten at a time) but not updating the bid price.

I've done something similar, but it is immediately noticeable because the "bought" items tab in the AH increments while the total Inf decrements. When SERIOUSLY overbidding I think you have a little bit of time to cancel (part of the) bids for ten-at-a-time.

Perhaps your keyboard was fluttery and just by barely touching the key, it did key repeat 22212 before the last two zeros.

I've made mistakes in the AH myself; I lost 700 million once when I hurried when I shouldn't have. 

I doubt whoever got the windfall is watching these forums. And if they are, given human nature, they would probably silently keep it.

All I can say is to repeat the carpenter's creed: "Measure once, cut twice. Measure twice, cut once."

My two farmers are the only characters of mine who auction off Uncommons... so I checked both. Alas,  neither Harry nor Sunni ended up being the ones you bought from. 😦

If it helps any, mistakes like that are sadly common. We've pretty much all done it a time or two, so you're in good company. If sad. And poorer afterwards.   

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

Unfortunately, we have all done it.  I have no idea how much I have lost fat fingering a number in the auction house, but I know it is well into the high millions and possibly a billion or more.  It would be nice if the AH had some sort of mechanism that compared bids to offers ad asked if you are sure you want to bid that much, but it doesn't.  Ces't la vie.

You are refunded, with a little extra for your frustration. And I'm sure I'm not the only one. We have a lot of filthy rich, nice players. And most of them lurk, but rarely, if ever post. 

Please keep in mind, again, it wasn't me. I only rarely sell uncommon salvage. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

20 minutes ago, Ukase said:

You are refunded, with a little extra for your frustration. And I'm sure I'm not the only one. We have a lot of filthy rich, nice players. And most of them lurk, but rarely, if ever post. 

Please keep in mind, again, it wasn't me. I only rarely sell uncommon salvage. 

I refunded him as well (with some extra). I appreciated his willingness to ask on the forums and I love the game so much I want everyone to have a great experience so we'll keep players! 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1