Teleporter what AT/set???

Snarky

I have a character concept in mind that uses a lot of Teleportation.  I could just go with what comes off the top of my head, but would like to ask for ideas and expertise.

The character will be taking the Teleport pool, of course. All of the powers it fit the concept.   

I want the character to be solid.  It may not be as useful on a team as a kin, granted. But I want to create something that does help the team out.

It would be nice to have true invisibility and or phase shift.  The better to get into position for TP and control the chaos.

Thanks for any ideas.

Edited by Snarky

I'm not sure the playstyle you're looking for, but both Electric Melee and Shield Defense have teleport AoE attacks in them.  

If you're looking for more of a support role, the Gravity Control set may fit your theme.  It can teleport foes and make them shift to alternate dimensions.

• Like 4

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow

4 minutes ago, Shred Monkey said:

I'm not sure the playstyle you're looking for, but both Electric Melee and Shield Defense have teleport AoE attacks in them.  

If you're looking for more of a support role, the Gravity Control set may fit your theme.  It can teleport foes and make them shift to alternate dimensions.

I am thinking more support, strategic stuff for the team.  Teleporting teammates and enemies  in ways that speed the team along.  grouping enemies, bringing along slower teammates, or ones trapped by enemies

Yeah, the Wormhole power in Grav was made for this.  I'm also generally a fan of the "dropping enemies faster helps the team" mindset, plus I am currently leveling a Grav/XXX Dom, so you might look into that and also have some pew pew pew to help out with, along with all the TP powers.

• Like 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

Grav / Traps with the Teleport pool for Fold Space? Traps so you have some toys ready for them to play with when you Fold them. 

Mind you Traps is slow to deploy so on fast moving teams you may be struggling. Time, as Warpact says, works well with Grav; you'll have excellent defenses + FS will be up more often and Fold Space will essentially pull them into your -ToHit aura. 

Kinetics also loves having big clusters of enemies so if Time doesn't appeal a Grav/Kin may. FS1 -> FS2. Mmmmmmm. Stick KB2KDs in Repel AND Singy and everyone can be treated to the Music of Your People (wooOOMwooOOMwooOOMwooOOMwooOOMwooOOMwooOOM)

1 : Fold Space

2 : Fulcrum Shift

• Like 2

Trick arrow support, elec affin support both have great synergy w/ fold space.

Traps does as well, but by the time you lay them, everything is dead.

TA: flash arrow, combat teleport in (w/ stealth proc), emp arrow self, fold space, profit. Best when paired with someone a little tougher. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Since the Fold Space changes the best Teleporter I've played with recently was actually a Warshade. Ran an ITF with them (I was a Kin) and they were so good the entire team was commenting on it. 

Obviously they were a IOed up WS and I've no idea what sort of build they went for overall but they were awesome (and looked cool too with gold-coloured WS powers). 

• Like 2

Just having combat teleport, alone, is a game changer if you do any melee whatsoever.

I use combat teleport to quickly close range for a blitzkrieg (scrappers/brutes), assassinations (stalkers), and for blapping (blasters).  It give you an initial to hit boost and can let you escape quickly, if you get into trouble.

CT is great for running down Tsoo Sorcerors and Rikti Gunners when they try to teleport away.  It's extremely satisfying when those slippery devils think they've gotten away, and you immediately bamf! into existence right beside them to deliver the killing blow.

When blapping, I open with a snipe from distance, then close to melee with CT, let lose with barrage of punches, then CT away and switch back to ranged attacks.  It lets you quickly and efficiently cycle through your different attacks and engage in melee with a minimum of risk.

Teleport target is great when playing solo, to isolate and neutralize particularly annoying foes from a group of mobs.

Fold space can be used to clump mobs around you if you're a tanker (or someone else very close to you, if you're not).

Lots of possibilities here.  

• Like 1

/Martial blaster is an option...

PowExecLoc target burst of speed

Fold space

PowExecLoc 180:80 combat teleport

You did some damage, clumped enemies and jumped to range...

That being said,WS is an awesome choice.

Archetype Concept Compilation -- Powerset Concept Compilations: Assault Melee

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Great Archetype Concept Battle: Final Round

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Archetype Proposal Amalgamation

On 2/21/2021 at 8:22 PM, Snarky said:

I am thinking more support, strategic stuff for the team.  Teleporting teammates and enemies  in ways that speed the team along.  grouping enemies, bringing along slower teammates, or ones trapped by enemies

It may seem terribly obvious, but since you're going the route stated here, you're going to want something that plays best at the very edge of the fight, so you can see all possibilities.  If you create a character that performs anywhere within the outer ring of the fight, even just halfway in, and you'll likely not see all the potentials for accomplishing your goals.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Techwright said:

It may seem terribly obvious, but since you're going the route stated here, you're going to want something that plays best at the very edge of the fight, so you can see all possibilities.  If you create a character that performs anywhere within the outer ring of the fight, even just halfway in, and you'll likely not see all the potentials for accomplishing your goals.

yes, range and strategic play will be important.  the grav time troller looks nice.  i have never levelled a troller before.  i may have made a 1st level one at some point, but have never ran one. but in this case it may work very well.  without the pressure to build for perma dom, and instead focusing on building for strategic assistance, could be the way to go.

one of the things spurring me on is a good percentage of teams on TFs start to lose cohesion.  i am not a fast player even on TFs i know.  i play brutes, usually with just fly, and have been known to just stop in a cave tunnel that is packed to 'get myself some room' rather than speed to objective.  lately i have noticed a good number of people slower than me, for various reasons.  would be nice to have the power to group the team, and then group the enemies.