Most FUN secondary for Plant?

Sulhythal

What is everyone's favorite pairing with Plant?  Not just for effectiveness (but that's also fun) but just for sheer entertainment value on top of effectiveness? 

I have a Plant/Rad I haven't played since I took a break, and am eyeing a new one to add to the garden.

Currently thinking /Storm, but that's just 'cause I love storm

/Kin, nothing like SB on everything and great rech, dmg boost, end, its fun.

I like to SB people as they are running up to a mob nothing like a "oops " moment when they run into the middle of the baddies lol.

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

You are playing Plant... Everything is fun 🙂

But I think Poison is a great Debuff set that brings a lot to the table and make it even more fun.
Personally I play Plant/Dark.  But that is because I find /Dark to just be a spectacular and engaging set.  

• Like 1

I play where my toons are... and they are everywhere.  But Everlasting is my current main home.  Come on by my base GOLD-11404.  And, yes, most of my toons start Gold Side (Bold Side)!
If you want to make a fortune of Inf in City of Heroes, watch my guide on the Auction House.
Or come on by and visit my Discord.

I run my theme groups there and chat with Twitch viewers in voice there.
And lastly, come see my on Twitch.  City of Heroes is my main game!

i like my plant/storm/stone but i would be lying if i said it will be a nice leveling experience it was me gathering any and every end buff i could P2W arena mutation anything to help now plant is fine storm is just mental and while it has dps it is kind of hardly worth it and yeah second on the plant/dark it is just an amazing secondary well rounded to do just about anything

I have played several Plant controllers, but the one I keep coming back to and playing well over 200 Vet levels now is Plant/Storm/Ice.  It is my farmer because it's really versatile and capable, but also because it's really fun.  A pretty close second would be Plant/Nature - not as fast, but very, very survivable.  Plant/Time gets honorable mention here.  I've only ever played one /Poison char and I have to say I don't like the set at all.  I kept waiting for it to get good, because so many people seem to rave over it, but it did not ever get good in my hands.

15 hours ago, oedipus_tex said:

If you're willing to go Dominator, there's something really great about Plant paired with Savage Assault. You said you liked Plant/Storm, and you could make something pretty similar with Plant/Savage/Ice, which would give you Sleet and Ice Rain. 

That's my favorite Dom so far. Savage is fun fun fun, but low on mitigation... Plant helps with that, and also eats up very little animation time, freeing you to go all Savage-like on your enemies.

Plant/Time/Psi is my go-to.  I get /Psi isn't the greatest but extra status protection and another LotG spot is great, plus room for another confuse set in WoC.  In this case though /Primal might be better for Power Boost alone.

As for /Time, I love it for being a jack-of-all-trades support set with potent debuffs, extra controls, strong -regen and a -heal, and a big boost to self-recharge with Chrono Shift.  Adding an extra 50% recharge whenever CS is ready is fantastic for keeping the carrion vines growing, plus the frequent -def/-res you can throw out alongside the vines and seeds.  Not to mention great team heals, Temporal Selection for your damage dealers (or flytrap), and the colossal defense benefits of Farsight.  This was my main setup back on live leading up to the shutdown and the first 50 I brought back when I found Homecoming.

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.