Removing the Invisible Stealth Effect Client Side

Haijinx

On 3/2/2021 at 5:42 AM, Haijinx said:

>.< 

Was really hoping this was possible to do.  

100% Agree. So many people make fantastic costumes and then the game hides them from you. If no one has a solution then would love for the Devs to add a way (Null the Gull) to allow us to view Invisable characters either while in PvE zones or if that would cause issues at least those on my team. Mind you it's not a high priority (2-3) so if it would be difficult to code I understand.

For energy aura the glow effect makes my stalker a clearly defined silhouette - This is fine

I have experimented with the character auras but its not as good.  

I imagine scorpion shield may work similar to Energy Aura. 

But I was contemplating a /Ninjitsu Scrapper and I need to see my character while playing.  Unfortunately I'm not 30 anymore and I just simply can't see well enough. 

That applies to quite a few of us I suspect. I'm hoping that the Devs can set the graphics and audio to where any effect can be disabled. Thus those who aren't affected can enjoy the game, but thosd with vision/ hearing, color blindness, flashing lights sensitivity and so forth can enjoy the game... That as a whole I would place at a priority closer to 7 of 10.

Hopefully I used Affect and Effect in the right places 🙂

• Thanks 1

I personally like it. If I dont want to be invisible I simply dont use invisibility powers. But I would love to see something like this implemented before it becomes something that is forced on everyone. hate to say it, I barely play much these days, and it's because of these types of forced graphical and sound changes that I for the most part left the game. One more change like that and I would leave for good. So here is hoping somebody can do a client side graphics change for Stealth.

On 3/15/2021 at 12:40 AM, Solarverse said:

I personally like it. If I dont want to be invisible I simply dont use invisibility powers. But I would love to see something like this implemented before it becomes something that is forced on everyone. hate to say it, I barely play much these days, and it's because of these types of forced graphical and sound changes that I for the most part left the game. One more change like that and I would leave for good. So here is hoping somebody can do a client side graphics change for Stealth.

What do you mean by forced graphical changes?

Power customization? 

I can't think of any others? 

Also, yeah client side is more than enough for this IMO.

20 minutes ago, Haijinx said:

What do you mean by forced graphical changes?

Power customization? 

I can't think of any others? 

Also, yeah client side is more than enough for this IMO.

I have been here since really close to the game's opening day. Trust me, there have been MANY graphics changes over the years where graphics that looked absolutely stunning were changed out for graphics that are very meh in comparison.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Solarverse said:

I have been here since really close to the game's opening day. Trust me, there have been MANY graphics changes over the years where graphics that looked absolutely stunning were changed out for graphics that are very meh in comparison.

So dumbed down optimization type stuff.  I get you.

• Like 1

• 2 years later
On 3/17/2021 at 4:36 AM, Solarverse said:

Can you give some examples? Ive decompiled the pigg files and there are some older things in there no longer in game like a rapid (chun-li like)  kick but I'm curious to what else has been hidden from us

Edited by Saiyajinzoningen

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

10 minutes ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

Can your give some examples? Ive decompiled the pigg files and there are some older things in there no longer in game like a rapid (chun-li like)  kick but I'm curious to what else has been hidden from us

Ohhhhh, I remember that kick! Was talking about it not that long ago. I really wish the devs could link that up as an alternate animation. It was so cool!

I seem to remember that Fire Blast/Flares had a different animation at one time.

• Like 1

i tested it out and the cast time is crazy long not sure what power it could be used for unless they sped up the animation. The old flares animation is in there too but.....it doesn't sync up to the current power animation well. 

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

i tested it out and the cast time is crazy long not sure what power it could be used for unless they sped up the animation. The old flares animation is in there too but.....it doesn't sync up to the current power animation well. 

I think the old Flares animation is the same as Gale and a few others.

1 hour ago, Gobbledygook said:

I would like to see the Chun-Li kick too.

Do you need anything special to view it in action?

• Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

Can you give some examples? Ive decompiled the pigg files and there are some older things in there no longer in game like a rapid (chun-li like)  kick but I'm curious to what else has been hidden from us

Nothing hidden that I am aware of. I was speaking on things like the Ice Graphics, for almost all Ice powers. Icicles used to look amazing to me, now...meh, they're okay I guess. You know, that type of thing. I do seem to recall that Chun-Li kick that you were talking about though, it was like the Flurry power but with the feet. Trying to remember what powerset that was with. Fairly certain it was an early iteration of MA but was replaced within the first issue or two. Don't quote me on that one though. I do remember the attack though, just can't remember for certain where I had seen it...or when.

Edit: Just found the video linked by Captain Fabulous, so yeah, looks like I remembered correctly. See, old people still do have memories, lol.

Edited by Solarverse
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later
On 4/5/2023 at 2:33 PM, BazookaTwo said:

I think a Client side mod for stealth powers is fine but they could also just add a "minimal fx" to these things and it would be fine. 

also to compensate: the "hidden" message at the top right corner of the screen (that stalkers get) so we can know when our invisibility is active.

1 hour ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

also to compensate: the "hidden" message at the top right corner of the screen (that stalkers get) so we can know when our invisibility is active.

I’ve taken to monitoring stealth radius for these characters, but this would be a nice quality of life improvement.

• Like 1

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

Fire Tanks had “Wall of Fire.” It was a…wall of fire. It didn’t last long because critters just ran around it defeating its purpose.

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.