Generic Purple IO's [Semi Serious]

Galaxy Brain

@SeraphimKensai, @golstat2003,

Its probably surprising for sure lol, but I think it's just a neat idea for the enhancement side of things for a lot of powers. For example, an attack with a solid debuff or mez effect could now be opened up to slot for both sides at the cost of not being able to fully place a set. Sure, there may be a few no-brainers like Hasten... but then you gotta think about some other powers with longer recharges that may benefit more...

• Like 1

I'm with @SeraphimKensai and @golstat2003, this feels like pure power creep.

Which I'm 100% cool with, but what I'm cool with is not necessarily good for the game. 😉

Make this happen and basically every attack I have becomes one generic purple damage and 5 damage procs, every resistance/defense/healing power becomes a single slot res/def/heal, and I use the extra slots to cram yet another +10% recharge bonus or two from a set somewhere.

1 hour ago, arthurh35353 said:

I thought damage procs were unique per character?

The Very Rare, Universal Damage (Overwhelmin Force), and ATO %procs are. Procs are unique for the Winter Sets as well, but I don't know if any of them are "damage procs".

Other %Procs (including PVP) can be slotted in multiple powers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, nihilii said:

I'm with @SeraphimKensai and @golstat2003, this feels like pure power creep.

Which I'm 100% cool with, but what I'm cool with is not necessarily good for the game. 😉

Make this happen and basically every attack I have becomes one generic purple damage and 5 damage procs, every resistance/defense/healing power becomes a single slot res/def/heal, and I use the extra slots to cram yet another +10% recharge bonus or two from a set somewhere.

Sorta, they'd still be unique so you could only have 1 attack that has a Purple Damage

17 minutes ago, arthurh35353 said:

I'd actually be okay with non-character unique but power unique Purple Generic IOs that are 66.66% or 40% level that could be boosted. Make you really consider which would be better in slotting for IO set enhancements.

it could go either way I suppose! My idea was that each one would be 100% unique, as in you can only slot 1 Damage purple across the build, 1 End Mod across the build, etc. 

17 minutes ago, Galaxy Brain said:

it could go either way I suppose! My idea was that each one would be 100% unique, as in you can only slot 1 Damage purple across the build, 1 End Mod across the build, etc. 

That's kind of anti-'generic IO' at that point though.

The problem is these are single-aspect IOs.
You run into the same problem you do with single-aspect Purples and +5's SA IOs.

Diminishing Returns
The initial IO gives you HUGE payoff.  Use a 50+5 generic Damage IO as an example.
1: 53%
2: DR kicks in and you're at 95.9%
3: DR basically hauls back and kicks you STRAIGHT IN THE NUTS with a set of steel-toed spiked taser boots as the owner drops you both into a time loop.  From an L50+5 IO giving 53%, you benefit by a measly 8%

GRANTED, a more realistic slotting WOULD probably free up slots.  1 Acc, 2 Dam, 1 EndRedux, 1 Recharge (or 0 EndRedux and 2 Recharge) leaves you phenomenally enhanced.

• Like 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

DR wouldn't affect the singular enhancement, but itd effect other enhancements after that one (assuming the 1 enh = ED cap). So you could say slot Short Circuit with either a 100% Damage or End Mod (or both if you're feeling frisky) then the rest slotted as either an end mod or damage power.

1 hour ago, arthurh35353 said:

That's kind of anti-'generic IO' at that point though.

The name is probably a misnomer, but I guess these would be "Ultra Enhancements"!

Yeah.  No offense, I wouldn't be in favor of single-slot capping IOs.
You can already to atrocious things with Plussed enhancements.  Having an IO with DOUBLE the efficacy?
Sorry, that's just nuts.

• Like 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

Sounds like a splendid idea, but what about set bonuses?

Would seem the gain of IO capacity would not offset the set bonuses, which is not a good thing, most of us buy the IO sets for the set bonuses.

Now if the set bonuses for them were to be generic, that would a good concept to add to your suggestion, for example:

GP=Generic Purple

2 GP: 7.5% defense all

3 GP: 7.5% resistance all

4 GP: 10% debuff resist all

5 GP: 5% end and health regeneration

6 GP: 5% Dmg and 5% Accuracy

The IOs themselves, notice that the IOs are straight, no blends of abilities such as ACC/RECH...

1: Accuracy

2: Damage

3: Defense

4: Resistance

5: Endurance

6: Recharge

Hugs

Sue

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MsSmart said:

Sounds like a splendid idea, but what about set bonuses?

I'd rather it just be an ultra-enhancement. There are many powers you could slot for one of two things (Either Mez or Damage, etc) and this could allow you to effeciently have both with set bonuses up to 5

I feel like this would be too strong for proc build slotting, where you can get all the set bonuses you need from other powers, and your proc bomb powers only need 1-2 stat enhancements with 4-5 procs. Musculature and intuition obviously play a big role here. 

I would be more in favor, if the value of enhancements were to be increased, to look at increasing the amount you can boost an enhancement via reward merits from +5 to +10 for example. This would be much more accessible. It would mean not having to reimagine builds and do mass respecs. Could even make it so each + level above 5 would require 2 enhancement boosters instead of 1.

• Like 1

Currently on fire.

On 3/3/2021 at 8:32 AM, Galaxy Brain said:

I'd rather it just be an ultra-enhancement. There are many powers you could slot for one of two things (Either Mez or Damage, etc) and this could allow you to effeciently have both with set bonuses up to 5

The reason I made the suggestion as it was, is to make them arch type agnostic, for example support types need defense mostly to survive, while melee likes resistance up front; the vast majority of the sets provide such resistance within the first 3 IOs, while the positional defenses usually occur at the 6th IO set; which is rather heavy handed towards the support folks. Thus the recommendation is a good support package that supports all arch types evenly.

hugs

Sue

Ps: And you are correct any one advantage you seek can be find in an existing IO set, but notice that as said, it may be the 6th IO set to get it.

In my daydreams I've imagined that the end point of the incarnate system would be unlocking the Omega Slot and having corresponding Omega level content/foes to go with it.

What would the Omega slot do? It would unlock the Omega Origin enhancements (Oh-Oh's) that would only work in Omega builds and Omega content.   The other goal of all this is to have a place to go crazy with enhancement or enhancement set design without breaking the rest of the content.

This sounds like it might fit in well as option in my fever dream system.