Incarnate patches of death

Snarky

I have not attempted to run Stone Armor since the first time and my really cool Stone Brute Demon disappeared beneath a granite facade....

Does Stone Armor on a Tank (or Brute) survive any easier in Battle Maidens Blue Patch, or being blasted by towers in BAF or any of the other Incarnate Insanity?  Or is Invulnerable pretty much the same mitigation with no movement hassles?  (and a real costume...)

Don't take this as gospel, but from a quick look at what I think is Battle Maiden's blue patch attack (referred to as a "spear attack") players take a mix of resistible Lethal damage and unresistible Untyped damage. 

Pets also take damage, but only 1/8th what a player does, all of it resistable. Doesn't look like anyone can dodge the attack though.

FWIW if I'm reading this right with BM specifically you have about 6 seconds to move before the patch lands and it lasts 14 seconds.

Something I have never noticed about this fight and I may be dead wrong about what is happening, but it looks like BM herself has a self buff that recharges every 10 seconds that boosts her damage to all by +0.1, stackable. Each stack lasts 6000 seconds, so in theory she should be building a lot of stacks. But, I didn't look to see if she actually has this power in game, could just be a power that is unused or it may work differently than I'm reading it to. Anyone ever used a power analyzer on her? 

It's also possible the power is cast by a pseudo pet summoned by that mission and not BM herself.

Edited by oedipus_tex

Battle Maiden's "Blue Patch" is mostly an unresistable pile of damage meant to give preliminary expectation to an attack that player's encounter in a later Incarnate Trial (the "last" trial, as it were currently). The one later on is a bigger, more aggressive unresistable patch that does 10% of a players HP every second, and the only way to survive it is to be a crazy high-performing Regen, or delay fire off Rebirth Radials to keep a league's Regen at ridiculous levels as most player's don't make it out of the patch alive after it hits them. Both of these abilities were intentionally meant to chew apart anything in their path, the Devs didn't really want us to survive them (well, not the second version anyway, the first is a "training patch").

3 hours ago, oedipus_tex said:

It's also possible the power is cast by a pseudo pet summoned by that mission and not BM herself.

As I recall she is casting it, but the patch itself is a Psuedopet summoned and being location dropped on who's she's targeting. Like Bonfire.

Before the blue patch drops and hits, there's a faint outline of where the patch will fall, kind of like Wile E Coyote, seeing a large shadow suddenly cast over him, which caused him to look up and see the large boulder ready to make him a pancake.  For any ranged AT, these are simple to avoid. You just keep moving anyway to avoid the invisible swordsmen. 

For melee, it's a training ground where you learn to joust. You mash your melee attack and then close in and bash her, and then keep moving, circling around her. Saving your longer animation attacks for after you've dodged the blue stuff. As a stone tank, I would guess you'd make a macro or key bind to do this more quickly/easily. Or, alternatively, you'd just taunt while your dps teammates do their thing. Maybe get a few attacks in when you can.  

During the first phase when we just come down from the roof the blue patch can be tanked with high enough resists and minimal healing. Once she disappears to summon all her buddies this is over. Never again stand on a blue patch for long.

You can use the tram behind her to break line of sight and force her to walk out of the blue, but this is a bit of a doomed perspective for a Stone Armor to easily manage.

24 minutes ago, Sovera said:

During the first phase when we just come down from the roof the blue patch can be tanked with high enough resists and minimal healing. Once she disappears to summon all her buddies this is over. Never again stand on a blue patch for long.

Additionally, the first phase blue patches and the second phase blue patches are distinct entities. FP patches are caused by Battle Maiden hitting you, relatively low damage. SP patches are triggered at regular intervals on everyone, scales inversely with BM's health (I think?). FP patches can happen even during the second phase, so it's easy to think "huh. I can actually tank this..." then the timed patch wave comes and you go splat.

I've soloed Battle Maiden on a stone tank. It would have been more efficient to use just about any other primary, but Combat Teleport really does work wonders.

• Like 1

Assuming it's BM herself who summons the patches, they're summoned by a toggle power she has with 300ft radius, hitting 3 max targets every 15 seconds. She also has a clickable version of the power that's a 300ft radius, max 1 target. I assume the fight starts out with her just having the click version and later she has the toggle.