Does anyone else find Fold space a Troll power?

laonidas

26 minutes ago, Replacement said:

No as in just yesterday I proved it would not hit a target at 104'. I will triple check and make sure beta matches live but this isn't so simple.

Method: I landed a thumbtack directly to the right (about 2' in game) of a gray con bad guy.

I then moved out to just over 100' and activated FS.

It grabbed 2 others but not him.

Check log: only 2 accuracy rolls, no misses.

I did the same testing using a waypoint and found that it went to 150'.  I just tested it again and it's still 150, don't know what else to say.

On 3/8/2021 at 7:42 PM, laonidas said:

Over the past two to three weeks I have notice an increase in players having the Fold Space power from the teleportation pool power set. At first I thought it was a fun / easier way grouping enemies mobs together, however as time has past I have found it to be more of an annoyance. I mainly like to play melee toons, so grouping mobs together is a thing I do. While running teams for radios / task forces I am repeatedly finding players that will wait until I have grouped multiple mobs together to then Fold space half  and or even the whole mob away from me. It gets even worse when there are multiple players with the power and they keep teleporting the mobs around. I have honestly gotten to the point where I am checking peoples powers before starting TFs and even stopped playing as a tank altogether. I am surprised that even when I ask for the teleporting to stop, I am met with "why?". 

This has been my experience so far with Fold Space, but I was simply wondering is another players have been having this same issue. Don't get me wrong I still think it is a useful power, but I feel like something should be done when it comes to teleporting mobs that are already aggroed.

Then you'd probably LIKE teaming with my teleporting ninja MM with Oppressive Gloom; he Team Teleports into the most central mob I can see, then Folds everything else in range to him. Brings the melee to the melee players, stuns everything off the squishies. Pets help with the killing.

As with many powers, there can be right and wrong ways to use them, particularly when on a team.

Edit: Granted, I also ask teams how/if they even want me to do this sort of thing. Many seem to find it genuinely helpful, but I'm still perfectly fine with the answer being "No".

Edited by Blood Speaker
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/13/2021 at 8:36 AM, josh1622 said:

I did the same testing using a waypoint and found that it went to 150'.  I just tested it again and it's still 150, don't know what else to say.

HAH.  I found the issue -- after 100', waypoints change to yards.

Yeah, I just repeated at the 40 yard line.  It certainly grabs dudes at this range. 

• Like 2

On 3/9/2021 at 6:22 AM, Herotu said:

.... or rejoin the group with your Energy/ blaster with knockback enhancements.

As a firm hater of Knock Back, I think I might actually start to love it under these circumstances, lol.

On 3/8/2021 at 10:42 PM, laonidas said:

Over the past two to three weeks I have notice an increase in players having the Fold Space power from the teleportation pool power set. At first I thought it was a fun / easier way grouping enemies mobs together, however as time has past I have found it to be more of an annoyance. I mainly like to play melee toons, so grouping mobs together is a thing I do. While running teams for radios / task forces I am repeatedly finding players that will wait until I have grouped multiple mobs together to then Fold space half  and or even the whole mob away from me. It gets even worse when there are multiple players with the power and they keep teleporting the mobs around. I have honestly gotten to the point where I am checking peoples powers before starting TFs and even stopped playing as a tank altogether. I am surprised that even when I ask for the teleporting to stop, I am met with "why?". 

This has been my experience so far with Fold Space, but I was simply wondering is another players have been having this same issue. Don't get me wrong I still think it is a useful power, but I feel like something should be done when it comes to teleporting mobs that are already aggroed.

I seen this coming the very day it was announced. Glad my powers of foresight has not failed me. When this was announced, I thought to myself, "Yeah, that won't get abused..." lol