Does anyone else find Fold space a Troll power?

laonidas

Over the past two to three weeks I have notice an increase in players having the Fold Space power from the teleportation pool power set. At first I thought it was a fun / easier way grouping enemies mobs together, however as time has past I have found it to be more of an annoyance. I mainly like to play melee toons, so grouping mobs together is a thing I do. While running teams for radios / task forces I am repeatedly finding players that will wait until I have grouped multiple mobs together to then Fold space half  and or even the whole mob away from me. It gets even worse when there are multiple players with the power and they keep teleporting the mobs around. I have honestly gotten to the point where I am checking peoples powers before starting TFs and even stopped playing as a tank altogether. I am surprised that even when I ask for the teleporting to stop, I am met with "why?". 

This has been my experience so far with Fold Space, but I was simply wondering is another players have been having this same issue. Don't get me wrong I still think it is a useful power, but I feel like something should be done when it comes to teleporting mobs that are already aggroed.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, laonidas said:

This has been my experience so far with Fold Space, but I was simply wondering is another players have been having this same issue. Don't get me wrong I still think it is a useful power, but I feel like something should be done when it comes to teleporting mobs that are already aggroed.

... say "Don't Fold Space mobs away from me, please." If it continues, note the player and don't team with them again.

• Like 8

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

I love it when people use Fold Space to group all the Hamidon Buds together.  I also don't mind it, as a tank, when people use it on regular content.  That's just my team saying they're ready for me to jump into more mobs.  If they die, "Oh I'm sorry, it looked to me like Blaster wanted the aggro for that group."

And then I use Vengeance.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 7

@Veracor - Veracor, Bio/TW Tanker on Everlasting.

Everlasting raid leader, Hamidon main tank, iTrial main tank -- hit me up if you have questions!

I haven't taken it on any toons yet, but I had been, I thought, finding myself on PUGs with a lot of Grav players because it seems I've seen an uptick in Wormhole "activity."  Does it have the same animation and effects, more or less?  (I've been paying special attention because I've been playing my first real Grav and trying to figure out the best where-and-whens to use Wormhole, in fact).

• Haha 1

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

6 hours ago, Greycat said:

... say "Don't Fold Space mobs away from me, please." If it continues, note the player and don't team with them again.

.... or rejoin the group with your Energy/ blaster with knockback enhancements.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

8 hours ago, laonidas said:

Over the past two to three weeks I have notice an increase in players having the Fold Space power from the teleportation pool power set. At first I thought it was a fun / easier way grouping enemies mobs together, however as time has past I have found it to be more of an annoyance. I mainly like to play melee toons, so grouping mobs together is a thing I do. While running teams for radios / task forces I am repeatedly finding players that will wait until I have grouped multiple mobs together to then Fold space half  and or even the whole mob away from me. It gets even worse when there are multiple players with the power and they keep teleporting the mobs around. I have honestly gotten to the point where I am checking peoples powers before starting TFs and even stopped playing as a tank altogether. I am surprised that even when I ask for the teleporting to stop, I am met with "why?". 

That does sound annoying.  It seems like the most efficient way to use the power on a team would be to hover directly over the tank and then fire the power.  Mobs should then drop down around the tanker, who can easily taunt them to his/her hearts content.  

• Like 1

I tend to just assume that it is extreme rubberbanding or lag.....

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

My Tankers, Brutes and one Scrapper (concept) all have Fold Space, which comes in handy when teammates either immediately spam immobilizes or make use of lots of Knockback. Granted, there have been a couple of instances (Council Caves jail room) where using it inadvertently pulls much more aggro than usual, however, I don’t recall ever using it for any intentional griefing

Edited by Myrmidon
Autocorrect is The Devil
  • Like 5

Playing CoX is it’s own reward

Its just going to happen. I PUG non stop.  I never note/rate players, I never ignore, etc.  I join a team.  Much like there will be a 10 year old (or ten at heart) with a new energy blaster just splashing the mobs and making teams jobs difficult there will be people taking all my victims and shuffling them 60 feet away.  Much like the Tanker above, in the end, they wanted the agro.  But, my Brute, he is actually always trying to help the team.  Even if peeps are speeding to the goal, and he has no chance to get there, he just starts killing a room.  More exp/drops for a team.  Also builds agro if i get an ATT and they need help in the end room.

Peeps are going to use KB to scatter mobs.  Peeps are going to use this new crap power to pull mobs from working teammates.  

I have seen some (some, rare, few, almost no one) very good repositioning in Leagues running high end content.  If you can groiup all the ranged attackers in one place I will jump in the middle.  I have seen me do it.

• Like 3

I have Fold Space on a tanker, and I use it often to pull mobs to me. While I'm the main tank, I'll use the power almost every time it's up. I'll also use Ultimate inspirations to pull +4 bosses and EB's to me.  

I also have it on a kinetic defender, and I use it there to gather mobs on the main tank, or wherever the "murder-pile" seems to be. I will then cast Fulcrum shift, Judgment, my AoE nuke, and Repel(KD) on this pile, followed by my normal buff/debuff chain. When the team is working together, this results in amazing clear speeds and good times.

Like any power that moves mobs, it takes a bit of forethought to use, and sometimes it doesn't work out. 

I also have been asked not to use it, and have also offered not to use it when I join a team. It's like speed boost in caves -- most people like it, but the ones who don't really hate it. I don't want any one to "really hate" playing with me, so let's communicate and work together.

• Like 2

Troll power... not particularly.  Power some don't understand when best to use.  Yes.  Like everything else in this game using it when appropriate is part of the learning curve.  Personally if I'm on melee and the team has a few with this I simply wait for them to fire it off before jumping in.  Or... <shocking> I just move.  Seriously.  I have never fully grasped the reasoning behind melee players thinking there is some rule that says once they engage a group they never have to move.  Anyway that's just a personal peeve of mine.  It is also why I tend to only team with friends.  Knowing the playstyle of everyone on the team allows for better anticipation of how fights will unfold and negates a lot of these sorts of coordination problems.

• Like 6

6 hours ago, Clave Dark 5 said:

(I've been paying special attention because I've been playing my first real Grav and trying to figure out the best where-and-whens to use Wormhole, in fact).

As an aside, I recommend you look into the one button option for wormhole using "/bind <key of your choice> powexec_location camera:max Wornhole". Whatever mob you have targeted, and the group around that mob, even if selected ten seconds ago, a hundred feet away, and behind a wall, will but shot through spacetime to whatever spot on the ground, walls, or air that's in the exact center of your screen. Slot a KB to KD IO to Wormhole to make sure they stay in that spot afterwards. 

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, Veracor said:

I love it when people use Fold Space to group all the Hamidon Buds together.  I also don't mind it, as a tank, when people use it on regular content.  That's just my team saying they're ready for me to jump into more mobs.  If they die, "Oh I'm sorry, it looked to me like Blaster wanted the aggro for that group."

And then I use Vengeance.

I do that to the hami buds.  Quick way to move onto round 2

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!

... less so than team teleport.

It would make so much more sense if this was Assemble Team.

Heck, when I came back from when the worlds were destroyed, I thought it was Assemble Team. Tried about 4 times and someone said, "how are you teleporting me". They were standing a few feet away. :s 

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

/em ponders how to fit Fold Space into his Energy Blast builds to get even more flak from team mates...

• Haha 3

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

10 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

And now I know how to respec my grav/nrg dom. Thanks, man!

Crap, now I gotta dust off my Grav/Energy Dom, too!  I'll team with you, Bill, and we'll have some big fun.

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

12 hours ago, laonidas said:

Thank you for bringing this us.  Listen everyone, we have to all play Laonidas' way.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I went to Ouroboros all i got was this lousy secret!