Does anyone else find Fold space a Troll power?

laonidas

Don't get mad at your teammate that uses fold space, let the mobs get mad FOR you. Ommmmm.

Thanks Buddah!

• Haha 5
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

3 hours ago, Hew said:

It does. And people do that.

I use it in MSR's to rain rikti down into the Murder Bowl. Sometimes the pullers can get them almost into the bowl, but quite not the rest of the way. Rikti can be shy! They like to stand on the edge and use ranged attacks against us. No more! I hover my tanker over the center of the bowl, pop an Ultimate Inspiration (which allows FS to teleport 54 bosses), say something in league like "Dropping Rikti in the center of the bowl" to give squishies in there a heads up, and then pop Fold Space.  

If I'm on my kin with Fold Space in the same situation, it's also a great time to pop Fulcrum Shift and make sure everyone in the bowl is at damage cap.

• Thanks 3
  • Haha 3

16 minutes ago, Andreah said:

If I'm on my kin with Fold Space in the same situation, it's also a great time to pop Fulcrum Shift and make sure everyone in the bowl is at damage cap.

FS and FS are a great combo.  I've found it's really fun to add incandescence to the combo outside of MSR.  You can group everyone up, regroup the mobs that were scattered, then get a juicy FS for the entire team.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Nayeh said:

Fold space is such a me-me power with little practical value in teamplay since mobs die so quickly

Nothing quite says "me me me" more than complaining about a power someone else takes that "gets in the way" of how you think the game should be played.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 5

exChampion and exInfinity player (Champion primarily).

Current resident of the Everlasting shard.

On 3/9/2021 at 4:27 AM, Greycat said:

... say "Don't Fold Space mobs away from me, please." If it continues, note the player and don't team with them again.

This. If I'm playing my Warshade it just means I'll stand beside you and FS stuff instead and we'll both be happy. Ditto with Wormhole. I'm not deliberately trying to steal your mobs away from you. So suggestions are always welcome, especially along the lines of "Please throw enemies at me". I like a target. 

By the same token if you're Mr Lone Wolf Scrapper / Stalker on a team fighting halfway across the room away from the massive AOE / Debuff moshpit don't be surprised if things sometimes disappear. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Snarky said:

This is "Are all Energy Blasters Trolls?" because of knockback in a new skin.  And it was clearly decided, yes, all Energy Blasters are trolls....

I feel attacked.  😄

spacer.png

Edited by Rathulfr
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

1 hour ago, josh1622 said:

FS and FS are a great combo.  I've found it's really fun to add incandescence to the combo outside of MSR.  You can group everyone up, regroup the mobs that were scattered, then get a juicy FS for the entire team.

I'm sensing a name here, FS2

20 hours ago, Coyote said:

The funny thing is that you can use Fold Space to bunch mobs up, then the AoE Immob to keep them in place, then Gale to keep knocking them down in place. So the same set of powers that could be used to annoy people could also be used usefully by some user.

Also, for maximum annoyance potential, make a Grav/Storm. WAY better than Grav/Nrg, and actually great when soloing. Then when the team starts to complain about the Wormholing, Space Folding, AoE Immobing, Dimention Shifting, Hurricaning, Tornadoing, and of course, the Gale-ing... you say "Hold my beer. Actually, nevermind, Singy can hold it", and destroy the next spawn alone.

THEN you go back to Space Trolling 😉

Yeah was gonna ask, you have Singy, why do you need a team? 😉 

2 minutes ago, golstat2003 said:

And now I want a power that does BOTH of these things. Drops the mobs right in front of you and insta gives you and anyone else around you FS. LOL

Can get nice opening combos. E.g., Kin/Sonic Defender -- Repel Toggle up, do Fold Space, Fulcrum Shift, Dreadful Wail, Judgment ... and then spam Transfusion and hope a tank picks up the aggro. This is a good reason to only do this when you're next to the main tank, tbh.

• Like 1

I don't think we'll be fully successful until we can teleport the mission door to a spot 2' in front of ourselves, then TP everything in there outside the door, whereupon we mass confuse everything and let them kill themselves (or TP everything into a water "Toilet Swirl to Hell" flush power) while we sit there in our WAL-E chairs, knocking back slurpees an' countin' XP's. 🙂

walle-socialnetwork03.jpg?w=700

Pos 1 Flush Team LFM. Must definitely NOT have travel power.

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

6 minutes ago, Andreah said:

Well, we could go off into another direction to talk about increasing the general level of challenge in the game. But you knowhow that will go.

"Pleasepleaseplease can I touch the hot, glowing, stove?"

(sigh) "Okay..."

"OWWWW! I can't believe that happened! AGAIN!":-)

• Haha 1

I have done a TON of AE work, both long form and single arc. Just search the AE mish list for my sig @cranebump. For more information on my stories, head to the AE forum sub-heading and look for “Crane’s World.” Support your AE authors! We ARE the new content.

3 hours ago, Andreah said:

I use it in MSR's to rain rikti down into the Murder Bowl. Sometimes the pullers can get them almost into the bowl, but quite not the rest of the way. Rikti can be shy! They like to stand on the edge and use ranged attacks against us. No more! I hover my tanker over the center of the bowl, pop an Ultimate Inspiration (which allows FS to teleport 54 bosses), say something in league like "Dropping Rikti in the center of the bowl" to give squishies in there a heads up, and then pop Fold Space.  

Ultimate Inspirations are the gold ones you get from Luna, right?

1 minute ago, BZRKR said:

Ultimate Inspirations are the gold ones you get from Luna, right?

Lots of ways to get them. Signature story arcs offer them as rewards, t hings like apex/tm offer them as well. Its a roll though, vrs outright purchase.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Coyote said:

Also, for maximum annoyance potential, make a Grav/Storm. WAY better than Grav/Nrg, and actually great when soloing. Then when the team starts to complain about the Wormholing, Space Folding, AoE Immobing, Dimention Shifting, Hurricaning, Tornadoing, and of course, the Gale-ing... you say "Hold my beer. Actually, nevermind, Singy can hold it", and destroy the next spawn alone.

THEN you go back to Space Trolling 😉

I made my Grav/Nrg with soloing in mind...just secondary to the annoyance factor. What more do you need than dropping things behind a Singularity to solo?

1 hour ago, Andreah said:

Can get nice opening combos. E.g., Kin/Sonic Defender -- Repel Toggle up, do Fold Space, Fulcrum Shift, Dreadful Wail, Judgment ... and then spam Transfusion and hope a tank picks up the aggro. This is a good reason to only do this when you're next to the main tank, tbh.

You've got Repel...why is anything standing long enough to be dangerous to you?

12 minutes ago, Erratic1 said:

I made my Grav/Nrg with soloing in mind...just secondary to the annoyance factor. What more do you need than dropping things behind a Singularity to solo?

A Tornado inside a Lightning Storm wrapped around a Singularity, of course 🙂 ... that way, Singy is free to hold your beer 😉 .

You don't want Tornado holding your beer, trust me on that.

• Like 1
  • Haha 5