Fun thread - The best tanker for a specific task force

KaizenSoze

If you were going to build a tanker to tank just one specific task force forever.

What build would you use for each task force, incarnates TFs included?

Example:

Yin, max level 25. Electric/Radiation, Freakshow are weak to energy, electric armor gives you endurance drain resistance plus end drain.

• 3 weeks later

Revamped Energy Melee would probably pair with it too. Also Radiation Armor does pretty well on both those TFs.

Nothing warms your opponent like Fiery Melee.

Tanker Tuesday and Tanker Tuesday Tour Info:

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Special weekend run for Reunion/Europe

1 hour ago, Haijinx said:

SR for anything low level.  It Matures fastest.  Being Softcapped for Posi and Synapse is awesome.

Fiery Aura tankers get burn at level 18. For an exemping tanker on lower level TFs, your survivability should not be an issue no matter what armor set you play, but you can always do better with more damage, and Burn delivers.

• Like 2

Currently on fire.

On 4/10/2021 at 6:44 AM, DreadShinobi said:

Fiery Aura tankers get burn at level 18. For an exemping tanker on lower level TFs, your survivability should not be an issue no matter what armor set you play, but you can always do better with more damage, and Burn delivers.

That is very true

On 4/10/2021 at 11:44 AM, DreadShinobi said:

My newest Fire/Axe baby melts faces as low as Positron part 1. Go to a spawn with BU + Burn + Whirling Axe and everything is doing an impression of a wax statue in an oven. If we kill most things within the initial 5 seconds there is no great danger.

Of course then we face the radioactive Vhaz bosses who land a couple hits since they have more HP, suddenly the ultra low level defenses go into the red and it's a flurry of inspiration chewing that would make a Link or Skyrim player feel at home as they quaff wheel cheeses.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, Sovera said:

My newest Fire/Axe baby melts faces as low as Positron part 1. Go to a spawn with BU + Burn + Whirling Axe and everything is doing an impression of a wax statue in an oven. If we kill most things within the initial 5 seconds there is no great danger.

Of course then we face the radioactive Vhaz bosses who land a couple hits since they have more HP, suddenly the ultra low level defenses go into the red and it's a flurry of inspiration chewing that would make a Link or Skyrim player feel at home as they quaff wheel cheeses.

I mean if burn makes clearing out trash so easy and painless by the time you get to the av encounter you should have whatever insp you could possibly want. Since the avs are typically the last encounter in tfs, i usually just unload my whole insp tray anyways and restock afterwards.

Currently on fire.

11 minutes ago, DreadShinobi said:

I mean if burn makes clearing out trash so easy and painless by the time you get to the av encounter you should have whatever insp you could possibly want. Since the avs are typically the last encounter in tfs, i usually just unload my whole insp tray anyways and restock afterwards.

And you'd be correct. The radioactive bosses I meant are not the AV though, but yes, popping a purple or two is enough for them. Pity I can't tell them apart from the Darkness bosses who are a lot less dangerous.

I have been wondering and it kind of relates to this thread, but I have seen mention the different weaknesses of each set but I would love a complete list for each set. For example, what mobs have the cheeze auto hit attacks that one shot SR and what damage do they do?

I have also been also wondering the effectiveness of +damage vs -resist and the weird Cryptic Math that goes along with it.

Fire/Energy or Fire/Anything. Having Burn and Fiery Embrace by level 20 is absolutely overkill. Posi 1, 2, Synapse, etc.. Fire/ will face roll every single TF Commander task force. My fully IOd Fire/Energy and Fire/Psi can clear even level mobs quicker than the rest of my team can together sometimes.

I usually take one of my Inv/ tanks on ITF.  NUTCRKR is Inv/SS and is capped against S/L, so the spears aren't quite as pointy...

50s:

Reunion - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), NUTCRKCR (Inv/SS Tank), Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender)

Excelsior - DRKSTNITE (Dark/Dark Tank)

@PLVRIZR

Retail 2004 - 2012 lights out

Feb. 2020 - present

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present