Ninja! A primary so stealthy that they aren't discussed!

The_Warpact

Ok, I'm going to go ahead and give it a whirl, I'm going to make the fabled ninja come to life.

In doing so I am going to need as much help as possible to keep them alive. 

With that being said what secondary has the best chances??? FF? Pain???

Probably something with Shields and heals lol.

https://www.twitch.tv/boomie373

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

I'd lean on something with Resistance personally. You can fluff defense with Manuevers, and the auras, and even something like 15% defense is reducing the ninja's getting hit by 1/3. Resistance lets those hits that do get through do much less damage, and again, with the auras giving +20%, you can almost cap them with Thermal or Sonic I think.

8 minutes ago, Arbegla said:

I'd lean on something with Resistance personally. You can fluff defense with Manuevers, and the auras, and even something like 15% defense is reducing the ninja's getting hit by 1/3. Resistance lets those hits that do get through do much less damage, and again, with the auras giving +20%, you can almost cap them with Thermal or Sonic I think.

Was thinking the same, on def if anything gets through with no res then its poof! dead ninja.

Plus with the pet unique IOs for res/def it can cushion the blow even more.

The Revenants twitch channel, come watch us face plant, talk smack, and attempt to be world class villains.

/Time is probably the strongest for them, though when they do get hit, well, they'll be dead.

/Thermal is going to be more active due to them getting hit a lot, but they're more likely to survive the hit so you have a chance to heal them. /Pain is the same idea, with less debuffing but a +Regeneration aura that will make it easier to keep them topped up.

/Storm might be an interesting idea... build for personal defense, lead them into the battle, and keep them alive by tanking for them and pulling aggro with Hurricane.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, Coyote said:

/Time is probably the strongest for them, though when they do get hit, well, they'll be dead.

/Thermal is going to be more active due to them getting hit a lot, but they're more likely to survive the hit so you have a chance to heal them. /Pain is the same idea, with less debuffing but a +Regeneration aura that will make it easier to keep them topped up.

/Storm might be an interesting idea... build for personal defense, lead them into the battle, and keep them alive by tanking for them and pulling aggro with Hurricane.

Storm would be interesting Ninja Chaos!!! I have it on a necro build and its ssssoooo fun.

Also, now think on this, /Poison...poison trap>electrifying fences>fold space >trap goes off in enemy immobilized ninja death box.....?

Bigger baddies get the really bad poison shots...ninja strike!

1 minute ago, Decaying Rose said:

I ran a Ninja/Storm for years on Live, and recreated them here on HC.  Cram in all the uniques, layer on the +defense toggles, and keep spewing a steady stream of tornadoes and storms and they work very well.  

Yeah, I love my necro storm, and flying lightning bolt ninjas of death do sound fun...

• Like 1

Classic Ninja/Dark

Alternate Darkest Night and Fearsome Stare

Frankenslot Shadowfall with 3 ribos, 2 def, 1 lotg/7.5.  Plus makes ninjas stealthy

Maneuvers + aura IOs

And on Beta you can insta TP your Dark Servant into melee for its gigantic autohit -tohit aura.  or team teleport now.

Ok so decided to go Ninja/Storm for the flying weather channel chaos. End is a slight issue until incarnates, mainly slotted for rech/HP.

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
|MxDz;1474;705;1410;HEX;|
|78DA6593594F13511886CFE94C455A964237B6D252404A81B2B85CBA8068A2D4105|
|1A2576452061843173B6DC44BFF8217FA078C82311A62D46AE28551134CFC157A23|
|71410514F5A27ECEF786696293E639F39D6F79CF7B66924BC76BEE9FBC764448CFD|
|8A2669A3349CD2CE8F9B491997526B57923A508213CE3E95C5E37CD48762E32B6A0|
|65CD2A0A36D9993353C5743A9B499C31329734335CB1315A9C9B4B4C15B2F934728|
|CCCBC704F66B38B89138BC6FC42A1DE5A4FE8DAAC9E37178C5C2DEFFDDBA25497F5|
|3495D3F5D9B6F19C914A54B44E6A291D6AAF36919E18FD579D02BFB2539C5385185|
|6C59EF3E005E6DE8BE096C3A26F9A9F73EA6EAD10EF3976992039A6C80F8A15EB59|
|67C63F829F986E3245E15CA9B4706CB895F9907439D1DBD921AC589E7A5721BFEA8|
|1B46283AB4C93F6AA259FA3DAC331970FF4326BFCE036CFA8DB613EA2416E78E03E|
|CC67AC1B657A8E82DBACA1F12D3F37AE311B48502DCF556A31D787B901CC0D606E8|
|134D64363FD08D737ED070F302307C143CC8E17442FCDA3390D5C2B1AE04791FA79|
|E1B5F731F29F812566D753A697EAFDD0E9BFC5B1F832B3FF36788729293708EF836|
|5FA8927E450339437BF62D75A5E836BCCB637E03AA5F5A8A2FD1D750BA942A16EAD|
|A86DDDE29C7E383F809B18F80906A5553338C2CF2AD586A03A0477DBE16E3BDC8DC|
|0DD12690C4375180E5D2187A2B8D9E8269FAEF33BF80DDC8053B8D12EDCF012D576|
|A3B67B99DFEE7D2BE05DF01EB3E70FF88B5922F931E88E41772F74F742772F7457D|
|319FB3857F6ED083EFF0FA68FF612ACC19140FEF0697C299BCC28E50CE1CD18EAE3|
|73B7557E99D60D4EFC1749DA91F2A4FDD50A69ED7E7651045D652777DDB0630ED98|
|11B9A6655EA2969DDFA97CABA18D77DADACBBCEEE3A6E803799C7E2B69AD1F8EEF7|
|581EA37533D6BF0394CA7DCA2B5E7BDDE2B3D72FA3F6FA7945CE59BFBDFE0BD069E|
|C21|
|-------------------------------------------------------------------|

I made a ninja mastermind today out of curiosity. Never played one before.....just kinda never had an interest.

First impressions are that Genin are absolutely nuts. Their damage is absurd. Naked, they have two full attacks instead of one and some filler garbage, and then you upgrade them and they get another two even heavier attacks. Four God damn attacks at level 6, no filler. They can grind down their endurance with just how many big attacks they have at LEVEL SIX, like no other pet can.

Also, yeah, even at this low level there's a bit of a sense of how fragile they are without help, especially knowing that the next tiers of pets won't bring any mitigation at all to the table.

Still, I feel that AoE is massively overrated most of the time, since the forum is filled with IO fine tuning psychopaths who only think in terms of x4/x8. Utterly obscene ST damage, especially when delivered by a cloud of pets just going to town, isn't much of an impediment if the enemy aren't arriving in numbers intended for an eight player team. So Ninjas probably still play excessively well if you pick a top-shelf secondary even if they're all ST oriented. By the very nature of being five pets, they're an AoE attack anyway.

The idiot formerly known as Lord Khorak

1 minute ago, SaintD said:

I made a ninja mastermind today out of curiosity. Never played one before.....just kinda never had an interest.

First impressions are that Genin are absolutely nuts. Their damage is absurd. Naked, they have two full attacks instead of one and some filler garbage, and then you upgrade them and they get another two even heavier attacks. Four God damn attacks at level 6, no filler. They can grind down their endurance with just how many big attacks they have at LEVEL SIX, like no other pet can.

Also, yeah, even at this low level there's a bit of a sense of how fragile they are without help, especially knowing that the next tiers of pets won't bring any mitigation at all to the table.

Still, I feel that AoE is massively overrated most of the time, since the forum is filled with IO fine tuning psychopaths who only think in terms of x4/x8. Utterly obscene ST damage, especially when delivered by a cloud of pets just going to town, isn't much of an impediment if the enemy aren't arriving in numbers intended for an eight player team. So Ninjas probably still play excessively well if you pick a top-shelf secondary even if they're all ST oriented. By the very nature of being five pets, they're an AoE attack anyway.

Last night was the first time my IOd out baby got to spread her wings.

Ninja + Storm is pure chaos, I see great things in her future.

I test and rate my builds on Scrapyard as this is where I hang out in Sharkhead. 

I threw everything at that ghost and with the help of a passing crab that ole ghost died again.

This pleased me but I wanted more, so off to do missions,  I had more fun on her than my demon/cold and while my demon mm is tanky the Empress of Chaos is just fast seat of your pants chaotic fun.

I am very pleased to say the least.

15 hours ago, The_Warpact said:

I test and rate my builds on Scrapyard as this is where I hang out in Sharkhead. 

I threw everything at that ghost and with the help of a passing crab that ole ghost died again.

This pleased me but I wanted more, so off to do missions,  I had more fun on her than my demon/cold and while my demon mm is tanky the Empress of Chaos is just fast seat of your pants chaotic fun.

I made both a Ninja/Storm and /Cold at the same time.

/Cold makes you safe and deadly

/Storm makes you Fun and Deadly!  Slot up a ton of KB to KD and keep everything flopping.  You made the 'correct' choice.

• Like 1

On 3/28/2021 at 10:02 AM, The_Warpact said:

This made me chuckle. I have the exact opposite characters. A ninja/cold and demon/storm. For great laughs, put the Overwhelming Force KD IO in the Genin. Watch them throw Street Fighter juggle combos on people

• Like 1

I've been playing Ninja/Time. I chose the most OP secondary just to give myself the best shot at it, since Ninjas have been endlessly lambasted for being fragile to the point of sucking ever since Live.

She's at 24 now, and easily the most fun MM I've played since I played Beasts a whole bunch a year ago. I love the ninjas. They just kill, it's so good.

They're not even THAT delicate while levelling so far, every other MM's pets die all the time too. Still, Farsight is coming up at a perfect time, they definitely need some beefy extra Defence layered on top of their inherent and my I/O aura.

I would say that people should ignore the stigma. Ninjas are great. You just need to pick a nice, complimentary secondary. That means a chunky defensive secondary, because the Ninjas don't need help with murderin'. That's all. It's a damn sight better than having to heavily defend AND heavily improve the offense of Mercs.

Layer a bunch more DEF on your Ninjas....then let them just kill everything.

• Like 2

The idiot formerly known as Lord Khorak

I had a ninja/trick arrow and I absolutely hated the combo. So much so it took me ages to go near ninjas again. When I did I went ninjas/cold and that has been a great pairing. Not a huge amount of res, but when you add the uniques, plus arctic fog, then layer frostwork on top of pretty much softcapped defences they are very surviveable, I also took aid other and field medicine for spot healing them when required. They also put out more damage than I was expecting.

If you have the spare inf the overwhelming force chance for knockdown in your Genin works really well.

• Like 2

Bopper: "resistance resists resistible resistance debuffs"

Yes, and it's recommended to do so, alongside the 2 +def auras and optionally the 2 +res auras. Where to slot them is more complicated and really depends on the rest of your slotting, but generally each pet requires around 4 slots to get its acc/dmg/end to reasonable levels, and then it has 2 slots for procs(jounin) or auras(genin/oni).

So, I have a Ninja/Time MM but I actually haven't found it all that enjoyable to play and level, lol. I struggled a bit soloing with it; ended up dragging it to an MSR to gain some levels. But after seeing @CaptainLupis's post, I decided to give Ninjas/Cold a try. So far this experience has been a lot better. I ran her through the first mission in the Cellfire AE arc to level 8, then took her out to Port Oakes for some paper mishes. So far she is soloing quite lovely. I'm only running +0/x1, but the shields appear to be keeping the genin alive quite nicely, occasionally popping some inspirations on them when needed. I'm curious to see what more this toon will be capable of as I continue leveling her since I frankly didn't enjoy /time the way everyone else does, lol.

• Like 1

Global: @Valnara1; Discord Handle: @Valnara#0620

I primarily play on Everlasting, but you may occasionally find me on Indom. 🙂

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

1 hour ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

So, I have a Ninja/Time MM but I actually haven't found it all that enjoyable to play and level, lol. I struggled a bit soloing with it; ended up dragging it to an MSR to gain some levels. But after seeing @CaptainLupis's post, I decided to give Ninjas/Cold a try. So far this experience has been a lot better. I ran her through the first mission in the Cellfire AE arc to level 8, then took her out to Port Oakes for some paper mishes. So far she is soloing quite lovely. I'm only running +0/x1, but the shields appear to be keeping the genin alive quite nicely, occasionally popping some inspirations on them when needed. I'm curious to see what more this toon will be capable of as I continue leveling her since I frankly didn't enjoy /time the way everyone else does, lol.

Glad to hear you are enjoying that combo as well. If you haven't already try adding the Overwhelming force chance for knockdown to your Genin. It adds a lot of mitigation as most enemies are on their backs for much of the fights. I know I mentioned it before but it really is worth checking out if you didn't before.

And don't discount infirgidate, it can be procced out to be a decent damage dealer to help out as well. I have mine 6 slotted, 3 shield breakers, including the chance for lethal, the achilles heel chance for -res, impeded swiftness chance for smashing and the touch of lady grey chance for negative. Only one of the shield breakers has any recharge (acc/end/rech) but you could leave that out and increase your chances of it proccing even more, I just went with it for the extra res from the set bonus. The -def aspect of it doesn't hurt either, between that and sleet even mogging paragon protectors are left crying on the floor wondering what just happened!

10 hours ago, CaptainLupis said:

Glad to hear you are enjoying that combo as well. If you haven't already try adding the Overwhelming force chance for knockdown to your Genin. It adds a lot of mitigation as most enemies are on their backs for much of the fights. I know I mentioned it before but it really is worth checking out if you didn't before.

And don't discount infirgidate, it can be procced out to be a decent damage dealer to help out as well. I have mine 6 slotted, 3 shield breakers, including the chance for lethal, the achilles heel chance for -res, impeded swiftness chance for smashing and the touch of lady grey chance for negative. Only one of the shield breakers has any recharge (acc/end/rech) but you could leave that out and increase your chances of it proccing even more, I just went with it for the extra res from the set bonus. The -def aspect of it doesn't hurt either, between that and sleet even mogging paragon protectors are left crying on the floor wondering what just happened!

I don't farm or play the market much, so I don't have a ton of inf lying around, but I will have to look into the Overwhelming Force enhancement. The character is only level 10ish still, so not sure what level that attunes down to.

And yes, I have heard that about infrigidate, so thank you for the reminder! I like taking personal attacks on MM's occasionally as well, and I believe I've seen that I can proc out the personal ninja attacks as well.

I opted to run a bank mish with her, which ended up being an interesting experiment. Died twice (I rarely purchase insp's so that could have probably helped), but ultimately my two genin with their ice shields managed to pummel the Hero and we succeeded.

Notable Characters: Apocolyptica - Demons/Storm MM; Lurking Monster - Human-Form WS; Environmentabot - Bots/Nature MM; Miss Fade - Ill/Traps Controller; Sister Apocalypse - Beast/Dark MM; Dr. Elaina Wrath - Plant/Rad Controller (Join the House of Wrath, and spread the word of science!); Ruff Ruff Boom - AR/Devices Blaster

20 minutes ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

I don't farm or play the market much, so I don't have a ton of inf lying around, but I will have to look into the Overwhelming Force enhancement. The character is only level 10ish still, so not sure what level that attunes down to.

And yes, I have heard that about infrigidate, so thank you for the reminder! I like taking personal attacks on MM's occasionally as well, and I believe I've seen that I can proc out the personal ninja attacks as well.

I opted to run a bank mish with her, which ended up being an interesting experiment. Died twice (I rarely purchase insp's so that could have probably helped), but ultimately my two genin with their ice shields managed to pummel the Hero and we succeeded.

As luck would have it they can be slotted from level 10. Check your ingame email.

1 minute ago, CaptainLupis said:

As luck would have it they can be slotted from level 10. Check your ingame email.

Aw, thank you! That's too kind! 😄 I look forward to using that for more mitigation for my MM. ❤️

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TygerDarkstorm said:

Aw, thank you! That's too kind! 😄 I look forward to using that for more mitigation for my MM. ❤️

You can slot a couple of decent procs in your Jounin, the touch of lady grey negative damage one and the achilles heel chance for -res are probably the pick of the bunch as most of their attacks do -def, so they go off a fair amount. But, because you don't have somewhere like hell on earth or gang warfare to mule the pet uniques that give your henchies extra def and res, slots are tight. You may want to see about getting those for mitigation first, rather than going for more damage from procs.

• Thanks 1