Fan Favorites

Blue Jay

... At least you didn't ask for the cysts back. <_<

(Yeah. I remember the days when my PBs would get passed over for teams because of those things. I'd rather not return to it, no matter how much certain people like to grump and whine about the game being "easy mode" without them.)

• Like 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

1 minute ago, Coyotedancer said:

(Yeah. I remember the days when my PBs would get passed over for teams because of those things. I'd rather not return to it, no matter how much certain people like to grump and whine about the game being "easy mode" without them.)

Surprise cysts were the one thing I observed back in the day that could make a steamrolling pug team suddenly sweat bullets.  In that sense, they were amazing, as they made you really step up your game quickly.

• Like 4

And they also made people not invite... or unwittingly invite and then immediately kick... people playing kheldian characters a hot minute after they realized what they were. 

"Okay, so what do you guys need?"

"Anything's good. Bring whatever you want. Except for that damned squid of yours. NO SEAFOOD!"

That conversation happened pretty often, and cysts were the reason why. 😝

• Like 1

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

I would like to see them brought back in special missions.

I would like to see more things in missions that are not just normal mobs to fight.  CoT have crystals that heal, give END, or damage.  FF has ice slides.  More things that make a map or mission special are great.

• Like 5

Bring back the cysts!

It's disappointing, now, to be running (say) the later Kheld arcs, be told these are a huge threat, go into the mission and find... inert lumps of crystal.

• Like 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

3 hours ago, Coyotedancer said:

And they also made people not invite... or unwittingly invite and then immediately kick... people playing kheldian characters a hot minute after they realized what they were. 

"Okay, so what do you guys need?"

"Anything's good. Bring whatever you want. Except for that damned squid of yours. NO SEAFOOD!"

That conversation happened pretty often, and cysts were the reason why. 😝

It is a good point.  Possibly the best way to handle it is to separate the requirement of a Kheldian before they appear.  Then set cyst appearance at a 1 in 100 chance each mission, or some such.  Or perhaps if you do have a Kheldian, that chance is slightly bumped up, but no more than a 1 in 90 chance

5 hours ago, Coyotedancer said:

Bring the Cysts back!  Would it help if it was just a blanket thing and not tied to having a Kheldian on the team?

Just for mission 2 of the ITF, if nothing else. The chaos that ensues when people thought they had easy pickins is great.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Coyotedancer said:

Surely the best answer to that is to give every other AT a cyst equivalent, too.

• Like 3

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

On 3/25/2021 at 8:13 PM, Coyotedancer said:

invite and then immediately kick... people playing kheldian characters

Ah! But you got your revenge. They'd be fighting cysts until they logged out!

Sometimes, bugs really are features!

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)