Buddy Cop

Yomo Kimyata

Is there any way to get this badge (and the subsequent Dark Astoria accolade badge) if, by chance, you missed freeing Detective Hopp in your first run through Heather Townsend's arc, meaning you cannot get the badge from releasing him in the Dream Doctor's arc?  Running it through Ouro doesn't seem to unlock it.

Who run Bartertown?

I got it through Ouro a couple of months back.  Seems like there was some catch to it.   One post says you have to do it as the same alignment as when you ran it the first time which may be true.  No idea why it would matter, but databases and match terms are odd ducks sometimes.

41 minutes ago, Ura Hero said:

I got it through Ouro a couple of months back.  Seems like there was some catch to it.   One post says you have to do it as the same alignment as when you ran it the first time which may be true.  No idea why it would matter, but databases and match terms are odd ducks sometimes.

Could you point me to that post?  Thank you kindly!

Who run Bartertown?

If I remember he is pretty early in the mish. He is at the end of a Hallway but the baddies are to your left before you get to the end of the Hallway. If you follow the baddies to your left you can totally forget to go back and go to the end of the first Hallway. Thus you miss him entirely. 

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

You must save him in the Heather arc,  in the Dream Doctor arc he is randomly located, unconscious, no NPC text. You must search around the map and click on him when you see him

• Like 1

25 alts with all the badges!

On 4/8/2021 at 6:15 PM, Voltor said:

You must save him in the Heather arc,  in the Dream Doctor arc he is randomly located, unconscious, no NPC text. You must search around the map and click on him when you see him

I am *hoping* that I just missed him twice.  I’ll try the arc again when I have plenty of time!

Who run Bartertown?

Ok, I tried again, and he did show up.  It is very easy to miss his body.  My pro-tip is that since the mission is so dark, turn down your gamma in your graphics/audio options (I went to 50).  It makes it much easier to find him.

Who run Bartertown?

• Lead Game Master

An additional tip for anyone else who stumbles across this thread looking for answers; In any of the missions in which Detective Hopp or Madame Bellerose appear, look for "???" to suddenly appear in your navbar/tasklist. That means they're close-by!

Edited by GM Impervium
typo
  • Thumbs Up 1

GM Impervium
Homecoming FAQ; Need a hand? File a Support Ticket! Want to lend a hand? Apply to be a GM!

On 4/10/2021 at 2:33 AM, Voltor said:

Just remember you have to save him in the Heather arc or he wont be in the Dream Doctor arc.

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think you can substitute talking to him in Dominatrix's arc for Heather's.

Hopp appears in the final mission in a side tunnel.

Bellerose also appears in the same arc, in the Oranbega mission.

Playing on Excelsior. Champion forever.

50s: Placta • elec/elec blaster // Rye Lily IV • mind/psi dominator // PLACT-A • bots/ff mastermind // Danielle Connelly • elec/elec dominator // Acme Coin Rink • ice/cold controller // Yin Blazer • psi/wp scrapper // Chalky Webs • db/sr stalker // Ultra Lance • kin/en scrapper // Eye Shell Coda • elec/elec tanker // Mind Wanna Fly • psy/emp corruptor

Others: Virtual Lines • peacebringer • 43 // Favours Green • plant/nat controller • 39 // Clear Corn Ion • elec/storm controller • 34 // Hum a Crypt • claws/regen scrapper • 29 // By Her Ant • psy/ment blaster • 24 // Clean a Hall Arch • shield/sword tanker • 19 // Paler Vow • ninjas/ta mastermind • 10 // more...

• 2 years later

So I missed him in the Heather Arc and did so in Oroboros, but since it is a two part badge, I had no ability to save him during part 6 of the Dream Doctor Arc, since Oroboros mission seems to be based what you did while "in present time" and since I failed to save him in real time, he didn't even show up in the Oroboros Dream Doctor Arc.

I can only hope I may be able to team with someone and get the badge through a team doing the missions....I hope.

5 hours ago, Fireknight013 said:

So I missed him in the Heather Arc and did so in Oroboros, but since it is a two part badge, I had no ability to save him during part 6 of the Dream Doctor Arc, since Oroboros mission seems to be based what you did while "in present time" and since I failed to save him in real time, he didn't even show up in the Oroboros Dream Doctor Arc.

I can only hope I may be able to team with someone and get the badge through a team doing the missions....I hope.

It's a three part badge.

You also need to save him in Duncan's mission "Destroy Diabolique", the last mission of her arc.  And then he's easy to miss in the Dream Doctor Arc

You only need to save Hopp once.  The Destroy Diabolique mission gives you a second chance in case you missed it with Heather.  I do this arc with all my characters and my MO is to save him in Heather's mission and ignore him in the next one and I always get the Buddy Cop badge awarded.

If you don't save him, he'll still show up in the Dream Doctor's penultimate mission but when you click him you get no badge and just some text that basically says "womp womp".

Madame Bellerose is similar in that I rescue her in Heather's Tsoo mission, then ignore her in Duncan's first mission.  Afterward in DD's penultimate mission you defeat her and get that badge.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, lemming said:

It's a three part badge.

You also need to save him in Duncan's mission "Destroy Diabolique", the last mission of her arc.  And then he's easy to miss in the Dream Doctor Arc

This is not entirely true.  I know for certain you do not have to do 3 things for the badge, at least if you are running the arcs through DA.  Maybe it is if running them through Ouro - is that what you meant?

I know that running through DA, you only have to 1) rescue the Detective at least once prior to Dream Doctor's arc, and 2) rescue him again in the Dream Doctor's arc.  The same with Madame Bellerose for the Incarnate Rival badge.  While Heather Townsend offers both NPCs once and then so does Praetor Duncan, only one rescue is needed prior to Dream Doc. 

And I'm not even sure if the rescues from Praetor Duncan count at all as I've always found them in Heather's arc, and sometimes not in Duncan's and I still get the badge from the Dream Doc.  Plus, the Wiki says it must be Heather's arc first and doesn't even mention rescuing from Duncan's arc.  But my badge tracker from Kitsune says to rescue them "at least once" prior to Dream Doc - so, perhaps it would be good to test skipping the rescue in Heather's arc, then rescue them in Duncan's arc, and see if they still show up in the Dream Doc arc.  

@Fireknight013, I know you can still get the badges (Buddy Cop and Incarnate Rival) through Ouro, even if you didn't rescue them during the "present" as I've done it before all through Ouro.  I can't remember exactly how, but I do remember having issues and running the arcs multiple times - maybe I ended up running all of them to ensure I got it.  But perhaps through Ouro, you have to do at least Heather's, Duncan's, and Dream Doc's arcs as @lemming might be suggesting.