An important message to the Homecoming Devs

golstat2003

Hi,

I just leveled up my 40th level 50 last night.

If HC didn't exist I would not have been able to. It was my biggest pleasure in my adult life to learn that the game I love returned.

So despite all the passionate disagreements in various threads in this community, of the last few weeks I have one think to say to the HC devs:

Thank You

THANK YOU

THANK YOU

For bringing back the game we all love. Despite what we might say from time to time we truly appreciate your efforts. That is all.

(Carry on with the usual forums argume--errr, discussions. 😛 )

• Like 28

It really was a Godsend to have this game playable at this time in my life with Covid lockdown restrictions, whatever you want to call it. This was a great distraction, although I have put on some unnecessary girth, I am healthy and happy at home. As I am awaiting my 2nd dose, I will soon be out bike riding again trying to lose this gut that I earned fighting Freaks!

• Like 9
  • Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

I originally made "Nemeroff" on Live. A male Villain, DM/SR Brute. Now a female Hero then Vigilante.

Anyway.

The way I see it this concept, DM/SR Nemeroff, is level 48 ATM and turning 50 will be about (14.5?) years in the making. That's longer than the lifespan of some pets, marriages, jobs/careers, cars, overdue library books, ...

What am I waiting for? It's never a race to 50 and it's the journey not the destination. (And RL, sometimes I can't log in for days.)

[The game shut down 10 min ago 😵]

Edit: I never got Nemeroff to 50 on Live before shutdown; 46 or 48.

Edited by Nemeroff
  • Like 2

"What are dominators... Much like a spider traps a bug, wraps it up, then starts chewing on it when it's completely unable to escape or defend itself."

11 hours ago, Glacier Peak said:

Here here!

Just as an etymological correction, that's "Hear, hear!"; it's a stripped-down form of the exclamation "hear him, hear him", which was a well-established usage in Parliament in the 17th century to draw attention to something someone was saying (there was no 'hear her, hear her' variant, because the phrase had been contracted to "hear, hear" in the 18th century, and the first female MP was not elected until the 20th). 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

10 minutes ago, srmalloy said:

Just as an etymological correction, that's "Hear, hear!"; it's a stripped-down form of the exclamation "hear him, hear him", which was a well-established usage in Parliament in the 17th century to draw attention to something someone was saying (there was no 'hear her, hear her' variant, because the phrase had been contracted to "hear, hear" in the 18th century, and the first female MP was not elected until the 20th). 

Whoa! My whole life I thought it was "here here," - something like the person doing the exclaiming was drawing attention to themselves, maybe in preparation for further announcement. Thanks!

• Like 3

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

Agreed. I may argue and complain on the forums, but I'm grateful that the City is back.

Thank you Homecoming Team!

• Like 3

"It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire posts, the posts become warning points. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion."

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

On 4/6/2021 at 11:59 AM, srmalloy said:

Etymology Man:  https://xkcd.com/1010/

etymology_man.png

Yes, I dream of powersets like "Pedantic Assault, Pedantic Control, Pedantic Armor" being added to the game. :classic_laugh:

"Terrible, wonderful things."  (Hellraiser or Event Horizon quote, I think.)

Also, thanks from me as well. Things might get changed around in the game, but at the end of the day, I can still make a character, roam around a city of poor hapless people and save them, and chat with folks I have grown to care about.

So YAY!

• Like 1