Potential for a new Rage

On 4/27/2021 at 3:43 AM, Take One said:

I think the damage buff should be removed from Rage, along with the crash.

The tohit buff can remain.

The damage should be directly added back into the attacks of Super-Strength, to make up for this.

I could get on board with this, especially if the damage would be added to the less used powers in SS, i.e., not into Footstomp.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Andreah said:

I could get on board with this, especially if the damage would be added to the less used powers in SS, i.e., not into Footstomp.

From what I've heard, all SS attacks do less damage than they should because of Rage, so my idea was to add that damage back in, plus a little more to compensate for the damage that is no longer provided by Rage. I could also see other changes like damage being added to Handclap and/or turning one of the other punches into a cone.

Check out my stories in the Mission Architect. Just search for "@Take One" or "SFMA". Here are some enticing titles:

• Praetoria-related: Earth Revolution Red, Earth Revolution Blue
  • Mercenary Action: West Libertalia: Born And Raised, West Libertalia: Global Empire, West Libertalia: Love And Rockets
  • Soldier of Arachnos Arcs: The Tangled Weave, A Taste For Evil, Faultline By Night, The Warburg Connection,
  • Various: Project Dragon, Evolve Or Die, The Murders in the RWZ Morgue, The Last Crystal Out Of Cimerora

19 hours ago, Take One said:

From what I've heard, all SS attacks do less damage than they should because of Rage

Sort of. Jab, Punch, and Haymaker follow the damage formula exactly, they're just sort of a tier below where you'd expect their damage and recharge to be, given their place in the power set. Punch is a tier 2 power, for example, but its damage and recharge are what you'd usually see in a tier 1 attack, for example. And Knockout Blow has a 5-second recharge penalty.

Edited by Vanden
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Take One said:

From what I've heard, all SS attacks do less damage than they should because of Rage, so my idea was to add that damage back in, plus a little more to compensate for the damage that is no longer provided by Rage. I could also see other changes like damage being added to Handclap and/or turning one of the other punches into a cone.

Only jab, punch and haymaker

Foot Stomp does More than most Pbaoes

In fact, and I've mentioned this before, but the only major out-liner of the ST attacks in Super Strength is Jab.  Which you can fortunately skip on Brutes but not on Tankers.  😕

Punch is comparable to Stone Fist

Haymaker is comparable to Stone Mallet

I'd argue, on a high-end build with plenty of recharge, this doesn't make that much of a difference (That you're missing a similar power like Heavy Mallet) because you're swapping in the all-mighty Foot Stomp and possibly other epic powers during your rotations.  But, in the low-end and leveling, yeah, that sucks not having it.  Especially since Knockout Blow has 5 seconds more on it's cooldown.

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if people complain that most of the bonus was given as bonus damage to the attacks of SS.  After all, Rage boosts -all- damage.  So, loosing damage on their proc'ed up Fireball is going to make them mad.  🙃

Just now, Vanden said:

You're taking crazy pills, Jab's animation is garbo. Punch's animation is where it's at.

If that's the crazy, then gimme my straightjacket, 'cause I'll maintain it.  Then again, I won't play SS anyway because I hate the way Rage works, so probably my opinion doesn't matter?

I will admit, I like the Punch animation on most the weapon sets, where the satisfying heft is, well, satisfying.  But empty handed, it looks awkward, and is most certainly not a "punch" at all in the first place (the alternate animation does fix that, but I dislike that it and Haymaker have the same alternate animation, so I can only change one, and then I wanna get Air Superiority, too, and...yeah, we could go on all day).

Gimme something outta your avatar, instead.

21 hours ago, Lazarillo said:

Jab is hypothetically unskippable because it has an awesome animation, while Punch, on the other hand...

Punch looks stupid as hell.  But you kind of have to take it since there are only 4 st melee attacks in the set, and one is worse than boxing, and the other has a 25 sec recharge

• Like 1