Why do the Teleports cancel "Follow"???

VV

So, I am really getting to love the Teleport Pool. But, I have this one big issue, every time I teleport, the Follow command cancels. As far as I know, this is the only movement power that does that. It is incredibly inconvenient. Is there any reason it does this? Is it a bug? Is it working as intended? 

Now, you might say, "Well, just tap the F key again," (because you are a know-it-all who assumes I have tried that). However, if you tried this, you would realize that just the time it takes you to make this extra keystroke can let an opponent get away. If your target is already running, the time it takes to get your finger to the F key, they can be out of melee range and around a corner. Of course, the way pathing and following "works" means that you can no longer just F them to run to catch up and hit them.

If the devs really are trying to get more people to use Teleport, this is going to be a serious impediment to that.

51 minutes ago, VV said:

However, if you tried this, you would realize that just the time it takes you to make this extra keystroke can let an opponent get away. If your target is already running, the time it takes to get your finger to the F key, they can be out of melee range and around a corner.

*looks at hand*

*hand stays on home row, so index finger is always on F.*

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

This may be related to a similar navigation aid, "Set as Waypoint".  Setting someone on your ream as waypoint allows them to stand out on the map, as well as easier to see what direction they are from you on main screen.  However, whenever an objective is met or other random times, the waypoint gets canceled.  From an outsider's perspective, it seems like these two issues could have the same root cause.

-- Rock

1 hour ago, Greycat said:

*looks at hand*

*hand stays on home row, so index finger is always on F.*

Oy, look at Typist Rockefella ova heah! Probably went to fancy pants Mavis Beacon typing school, got no idea what it’s like typing on the streets

• Like 1
  • Haha 3