Account Wide Wallet For Influence, Salvage, Recipes and Vault Reserve

Someone will probably say you can do that with a superbase.  But i dont have a personal base and wouldnt put all my alts in it even if i did.

Increasing the influence cap would require some amount of code rework since that value is actually a program limitation.  But i wouldnt increase the cap but have an account bound salvage that buys/sells for 500 million.  

I would like an account vault so i dont have to keep so many emails to accomplish almost the same thing.  

And it would be easier to access my ambrosia to sneak them into peoples pockets during raids.

This would require a code and data storage (DB) change of some kind. Nothing currently is shared across accounts except Global Mail and the stuff in "Character Items", both of which are rather limited. Character Items seems largely restricted to "back end" reward grants, with the closest to us "storing" things there that I can think of being opening Super Packs.

Personally, I would not want all my characters' items and wealth shared by default. But I would like a better interfaces for sharing than Global Mail's. And yes, shared Inf would massively overflow if it was not a larger integer than per-character Inf is.

If this were a second, account wide, stash of such things, it could work. But if it were just a consolidation into a single account wide aggregation, this would be an absolute disaster. The OP may not realize this, but the upper limits on these per character are not very high, and many of us would lose tremendous amounts of all the currency types. The limit on Influence alone is only 2 Billion, and this an extremely difficult thing to change, if not flat out impossible.  Anyone with more than 2 Billion inf collectively on the characters on their account would instantly overflow, and lose all the excess unless there were some way to gather it and hold it aside. This adds additional coding complications on top, and as I see it, it's just not practical for the value. Similar issues exist for recipes, salvage, and so on.

Many of us use extra characters as spare storage, and until that's solved, I'd oppose this strenuously. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andreah said:

The limit on Influence alone is only 2 Billion

Half the time I see this, i always want to sputter "Cmon, Billions is a LOT, WTF is anyone going to do with more than 2 Billion anyway??"

Then, I recall at at one point I had something like 238 million on my main before I went on a spending spree.

And 238 million is ... over 1/10th of the 2 billion mark. 

And I'm... pretty casual. I don't farm (though I play TONS of story arcs), and hardly even do much converter roulette anymore. 

For someone who's more focused.... yea, I could see hitting Billions ... quite easily actually. 

On Excelsior I have a SG base just for my alts. Doesn't address influence or recipes, but it does permit sharing of enhancements, salvage and inspirations. 

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

Turn the recipes into enhancements, drop on a table.  Done.  Sell off what you don't eed.  Takes 3 minutes to clean house. Otherwise try sorting a punch bowl of skittles and m&m at the same time by color, yeah that's the issue of hording stuff, it's time management not inventory management.

Game shits out more then you will ever need, your recipes and salvage are hard capped in stacks, total limit per character.  Requires even more work to make sure the spaghetti code doesn't turn into a milk shake. Just manage your time better, stop trying to complicate a problem by spending one character to dress up the rest, just use influence.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

Personally, I would only make the Vault account wide.

At least, I find that I currently do not use it, because it is per character.

I think it would be more useful as an account wide store, to transfer stuff between characters.

It would be perfect if we could store recipes in it as well then.

Salvage and enhancements are well enough done through the base, and I just store Inf in the mail.

The adventurous Space Janitor reporting for duty. Cleaning the universe since 1992 and Paragon City, the Rogue Isles and Praetoria since 2011.

BlueYellowRed.png.cffb9b692dd0484133ca1d9ee2c8c4ce.png

• 3 weeks later