MASS EFFECT LEGENDARY EDITION

OmniSurge30

I greatly enjoyed ME1 and ME2, probably my all time favorite Bioware style games;  ME3 not so much.  What exactly is being re released in this edition? 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

9 hours ago, Heraclea said:

I greatly enjoyed ME1 and ME2, probably my all time favorite Bioware style games;  ME3 not so much.  What exactly is being re released in this edition? 

My understanding is that they're all three games with all the DLC (except pinnacle station for ME1) using the latest generation graphics engine for the series so they look better than the first pass.  Based on what I've read the multiplayer "war effort" tracker in ME3 has been tweaked to not actually need the multiplayer participation too.

• Thanks 1

I'll have to preface that it took a lot of coaxing to get me into the series from friends and I do have the XB version of the trilogy on my XB1 already. I play most (non-XB only) things on PS, so that was the choice there. My hands do better with the Dual-Shock or the Switch's Pro controller than the XB controllers (Too big?). I did very much enjoy Andromeda though and would LOVE to see that get the same expansion, but I sense that's not going to happen.

I love the interface improvements/streamlining so far. The fact that you make your character Once (visually) and it follows is awesome. I've not played enough to notice the DLC, but I did notice there's a visual bug with the lighting of the hair in elevators. It may have been in the original, but it's noticeable for someone who turns the brightness (?) to 7. I kept jamming the L3 ang being pissed trying to run around the station though. :p  I just got my J&J shot later that day and haven't done much since. :X  Maybe some tonight.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

On 5/15/2021 at 2:31 AM, merrypessimist said:

My understanding is that they're all three games with all the DLC (except pinnacle station for ME1) using the latest generation graphics engine for the series so they look better than the first pass.  Based on what I've read the multiplayer "war effort" tracker in ME3 has been tweaked to not actually need the multiplayer participation too.

Also, leveling in ME1 was made easier (don't have to play through it 2+ times to reach max level); items drop more frequently and shops are more appropriately stocked; inventory management was improved; ME1 and ME2 completion status applies to the war effort instead of multiplayer participation; Tali has a real face (in the picture, instead of a tweaked stock image); and the "we fucked up and the fans are pissed" ending is canon.

Those are the ones I remember from the article I read earlier today.

• Thanks 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

5 hours ago, Luminara said:

Also, leveling in ME1 was made easier (don't have to play through it 2+ times to reach max level); items drop more frequently and shops are more appropriately stocked; inventory management was improved; ME1 and ME2 completion status applies to the war effort instead of multiplayer participation; Tali has a real face (in the picture, instead of a tweaked stock image); and the "we fucked up and the fans are pissed" ending is canon.

Those are the ones I remember from the article I read earlier today.

The fixed ending is canon, or the fucked up one? 

IMO, Narratively ME3 was the weakest of the lot.  The horrible ending just distracted everyone from all the other problems.

Some Flanderization is inevitable I suppose, but Mass Effect 1 was one of the best Space Opera stories to come along in a while,  so it was definitely disappointing. 

1 hour ago, Haijinx said:

The fixed ending is canon, or the fucked up one? 

The fixed end, according to the Interwebs.  Apparently, no-one at Bioware was happy with the original ending, either, and decided to use this opportunity to make the fixed end the real one.

Oh, I forgot, the ME1 Mako physics were improved, and it's got the boost function from ME2, and you don't have to exit it to earn full XP for combat.  Weapons aren't restricted to specific classes (so you can go full biotics and still rock a sniper rifle, for instance).  Fewer elevator rides.

Looks like they lost the source code (existing copies were corrupted) for Pinnacle Station.  That's a sad panda moment.  But that's why it's not included in this release.

• Thanks 1

Get busy living... or get busy dying.  That's goddamn right.

Got a chance to play some more of ME1. I really like the improvements of the leveling and handling for the Mako. I think the latter could be tighter still, but the boost was a good addition. I found out that you can hold it down and it'll auto-fire when recharged. Transitioning between things is really improved. I still find it too easy to accidentally toss a grenade when I don't mean it as I'm Sooo used to that being R1 in games. The menus feel better and not as delayed as I 'think' they were before. IDK if you could before, but being able to mark things read without reading everything is a must for me as I 'hate' pointless notification icons.

I feel like some of the general glitches are more pronounced for some reason. I got pushed into a corner once and couldn't get out in a cave. Wasn't even able to jump or anything and had to reload it. There are rare points where the voice and visuals will be entire out of sync or missing. In the asteroid mission, when I'm talking the guys down there was a part of the dialog that just dropped but the animations kept going it seemed. Aside from the hair in elevator thing, I've noticed the sound goes weird during a gun fight. I'd have to be playing it to point it out better, but it feels really off putting for some reason.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Did I screw up buying this on Origin or does buying it on Steam send you to Origin for launching AND updates anyway?   Yesterday I tried to hop on and play for a  little bit in the evening and it said it needed to update.  The patch notes looked pretty minor.... and then it started downloading.  Slowly.  I checked my internet and there was no issues.  Speedtest was as fast as it should be.    I eventually gave up.   Now when I try to resume it looks like it's downloading the entire game again (or at least combing through all 100+GB of files already installed.  Not sure.  Gave up again.

If Steam handles the updates itself... that would probably have been better.

As for the game, I haven't gotten far yet.  Just played a little of the intro.  The lighting is the biggest improvement I see.  Maybe even more-so than the textures.

1 hour ago, OmniSurge30 said:

I play on a PS4 and I haven't had any of the glitches I keep seeing people mention. Maybe it's just the PC version that is messing up?

I'm halfway through ME2 at this point, so maybe I just haven't gotten to the bugs yet.

Na, I'm on PS4 and haven't played ME in like 3 years. :p

• 3 weeks later

So I'm most the way through ME2 now and I've definitely had some crashing. Most seem to relate to when the console has to dump and load completely new zones/worlds and larger cinematics. It's not terribly often, but more so during ME2 than ME1 so far. I can't believe how much easier it is to combat in ME1 than ME2 though. Quick-sniping (especially corners) is so bad that I have to stop hugging the walls in most situations (otherwise I hit zoom and face the wall >.<). Still, it's nice to have everything in one spot instead of having to load one game and then another.

Is there a good guide somewhere as to the best way to slot things? I don't think I ever locked down what armor to have set to and I thought there was a way to have no helmet without losing stats. Any insights/guides I can follow?

I loved ME1. Then they turned it into another shooter. I only finished them for the story and was severely disappointed in 2&3. Was considering picking it up for ME1 but not if they've removed content.

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

On 6/5/2021 at 4:00 PM, WanderingAries said:

Is there a good guide somewhere as to the best way to slot things? I don't think I ever locked down what armor to have set to and I thought there was a way to have no helmet without losing stats. Any insights/guides I can follow?

The whole modular armor system seems more trouble than it's worth.  How you mix and match with it has more to do with what you want.  Do you find yourself short of ammo? Pick up pieces that add that.  Not taking too many hits?  Don't worry as much about health.

There's no helmet hide option that I know of that won't hurt stats unless someone has made a mod to do it.  What I usually did was use the Kuwashi Visor, which added headshot damage.  Good, since I like Infiltrators and mostly leaves your head uncovered.  But it still costs you health vs the standard helmet.

Trophies:

ME1: I'm down to the 50 stimpack one as I barely use them seeing as how I'm not playing on suicide mode

ME2: Still working on all the non-story ones and down to the Engineer specific ones.

ME3: Not there yet

For the ones where you have to use certain powers (ME2), it's obvious when they hit the right way, but I'm noticing that it's almost a 10:1 attempt/countsAsAHit ratio. Any tips for getting Those to happen more consistently?