Aid Self?

damnimgood

How would you slot it? (EVEN IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT)

I read on a different post about doing this:

1)To Hit Buff IO

2)Gaussian Synchronized Fire Control-To Hit Buff Endurance

3)To Hit Buff IO

Which is fine with me cause I have only a few slots left lol. What do you think?

Edited by damnimgood

8 minutes ago, Doomguide2005 said:

Aid Self?

From the Medicine Pool?

Okay dug around, HCwiki seems to be down, but CoD is working and Aid Self doesn't take To Hit buff enhancement or sets.

My scrapper 3 slotted with, iirc, Numina's for the +max health and regen set bonuses.

There's something to be said for giving it a couple of Basic IO's for Interrupt Reduction. Particularly if you plan to use it during combat and might not have sky-high-defense numbers.

That said, I generally don't take Aid Self except on Super Reflex or similar characters.  When I do take it, I generally use either 2-6 pieces of the Preventative Medicine set, OR, 6 pieces of the Numina's Convalescence set.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I took it on my /Sonic Mastermind.  I believe I slotted it with 5 Numina's and an Interrupt IO, but 5 Panacea (sans proc) may have more useful set bonuses, mainly the 7.5 recharge.

Also, yeah it shouldn't take ToHit buffs.  It heals, adds stun resistance and, if you have Field Medic, boosts recovery.

Edited by ZorkNemesis

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

Well, I have it on one tank and I have it 6-slotted because I needed it to mule 2 Numina pieces and 2 Miracle pieces.  Since I already had all that heal enhancement, I put in two interrupt reduction so I can fire it off in combat.  Overall, it's a weird build.  It's an invuln tank with about +340% regen.  Pretty effective.

• Thumbs Up 1

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

8 hours ago, Ironblade said:

Well, I have it on one tank and I have it 6-slotted because I needed it to mule 2 Numina pieces and 2 Miracle pieces.  Since I already had all that heal enhancement, I put in two interrupt reduction so I can fire it off in combat.  Overall, it's a weird build.  It's an invuln tank with about +340% regen.  Pretty effective.

I'll bet it's effective.  Is that with or without DP boosting your health and how close to Tanker HP limit/cap do you get?  The scrapper I mentioned above (Claws/SR) added about 800 to her max health and her regen is about the same which with her HP is around 32 hp/sec and she's very hard to kill.

17 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

I'll bet it's effective.  Is that with or without DP boosting your health and how close to Tanker HP limit/cap do you get?

I gave the regen as a percentage, so it's the same whether or not Dull Pain is running.

The build only has 9% extra hit points since I was jumping through a lot of hoops to get that regen.

Originally on Infinity.  I have Ironblade on every shard.  -  My only AE arc:  The Origin of Mark IV  (ID 48002)

Link to the story of Toggle Man, since I keep having to track down my original post.

On 6/12/2021 at 11:12 AM, damnimgood said:

How would you slot it? (EVEN IF YOU DON'T LIKE IT)

I read on a different post about doing this:

1)To Hit Buff IO

2)Gaussian Synchronized Fire Control-To Hit Buff Endurance

3)To Hit Buff IO

Which is fine with me cause I have only a few slots left lol. What do you think?

This looks like slotting for Tactics not Aid-Self...

Aid-Self I would slot with Heals, that's probably about it.

1 hour ago, Ironblade said:

I gave the regen as a percentage, so it's the same whether or not Dull Pain is running.

The build only has 9% extra hit points since I was jumping through a lot of hoops to get that regen.

😄 yes, what I was really asking is what that translates into in hp/sec.  I don't play many Tankers so I really have minimal idea beyond 'more than a Scrapper' how much health an IO'd Tankers have at 50+.  I know that for my Scrapper that's just under twice what I see on most SR Scrapper and Brute builds.

14 hours ago, Doomguide2005 said:

😄 yes, what I was really asking is what that translates into in hp/sec.

Oh.  Well, it was easy enough to log in and check the combat monitor.

36 hp/sec without Dull Pain and 55 hp/sec with Dull Pain.

• Thanks 1