General Questions since coming back recently

Love playing, brings back great memories. But a couple of questions

1. Why is everyone so much faster than I am. I mean everyone is getting to mission doors way ahead of me. In mission people are just running right by me... does sprint still take end when in use? What am I missing out on?

2. Rooted - this use to be soooo slow, now it is engaged on my tank and not slowing him down in any manner, did that change as well?

• Like 1

You can buy athletic run from a p2w vendor, and I think that's faster than sprint. There's also numerous travel pool powers for quicker travel, and some power sets also have speed boosts. Yeah sprint still does take endurance, although I have at least one character that always uses it for the thematic power slide anyway.

Edited by Gwyrddu
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Gwyrddu said:

You can buy athletic run from a p2w vendor, and I think that's faster than sprint.

All the P2W free travel powers are faster than sprint and have more jump in them as well.

10 minutes ago, UnoPerroGrande said:

2. Rooted - this use to be soooo slow, now it is engaged on my tank and not slowing him down in any manner, did that change as well?

I don't know about that for sure, but there have been tons of "quality of life" changes here at Homecoming.

11 minutes ago, UnoPerroGrande said:

What am I missing out on?

Go to the P2W vendor and dig around. There is a ton of stuff in there that was held behind subscription and/or the paywall in the past.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.

The longer you play, speed tends to become a priority for fun and xp.  In general just getting things done.

I don't know how many people are like me but when I make a character the first thing i do is make 2 binds for sprint and the prestige power I choose.

For example, /bind shift "powexecname sprint"  I do this on all my characters.  I don't even think about it, when I'm running i hit shift and when I am going to fight i hit shift again to turn it off.

If I am taking athletic run  as my prestige travel power:  /bind button4 "powexecname athletic run"  that is my thumb to toggle it on and off.

if I am taking hover and fly:  /bind button4 "powexecname hover$$powexecname fly"  that toggles one off and one on.

Also, fly has been boosted from what you remember, it is really fast now and might be why they beat you to mission.  Or they have super speed and athletic run and sprint all toggled at once and can go superfast and jump too.

But again, I put stealth IO in my sprint and don't worry about the endurance.  If you are toggling it on and off like with the shift key it really isn't a noticable drain.  Endurance problems aren't like the old days now that there are IO's.  I put a miracle +endurance at lvl 20, a numina recovery at level 30 in the health slots on all my characters.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, UnoPerroGrande said:

1. Why is everyone so much faster than I am. I mean everyone is getting to mission doors way ahead of me. In mission people are just running right by me... does sprint still take end when in use? What am I missing out on?

I thought it was just because I've gotten so old in the meantime. Everyone walks faster than me in RL too! But yes I just came back too, and there is a lot of new and great stuff - both QoL and other. There is so much to do in the game now that there's no need to slow us down to keep us from running out of content. I'm loving it.

• Like 1

It's likely people using the prestige travel power in addition to sprint and/or whatever travel power they opted for. Unless they are a teleporter. Thanks to the prestige powers, I stopped even considering a travel power on most characters unless it's thematic.

• Thumbs Up 1

How do you get to Carnegie Hall?  Teleport.  lol.  Practice, practice, practice.  Most of us have this crap memorized.  We also use tens of millions of inf of P2W perma powers on each new alt.  Mission TP, Team TP, Base TP, flight powers, etc.  

Say you go on a Posi 1, 2, or Synapse with me.  I PUG these regularly.  I know exactly which missions will be in which zones and what general (sometimes specific) area off the map they will be in.  As the last mission is finishing up I am in the process of choosing the best option to vget to the next while reserving long cooldown TP for the hardest to get to missions in the TF.  AND I am a "B" class player in terms of speed.  On a hot team I am usually the last or next to last player to get there.  (I use FLY on everything, part of the issue.)  People are just insanely practiced at this game now.  On TFs I do not have memorized I am an average to above average player at getting there fast.  

Compared to live we are shaving big minutes off each mission start on every Task Force and random door Team run.  That is new new normal.  Do not beat yourself up.  Do what works for you.  Oh, and if someone says TT hang out.  Theres your ticket.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll echo Snarky it's a combo of all the p2w stuff plus knowledge.  The servers are heavily populated by vets of the game.  Many of them here for 2yrs and counting.  When they are looking for speed they tend to know the quickest routes via the fastest combos of powers.  There are also plenty of take your time players as well those who use no p2w powers and travel by classic means only.  They'll either be running solo or formed teams (and even SGs) of like minded players.  And many who do both switching between "styles" as the situation and preference demands.

And newer vets like yourself who enter and find themselves stopping and thinking for a moment (or longer), "How do I get to Ouro again?"  Or spot some npcs hanging around something called a "tunnel system" and like me barely recall its existence much less where and what it connects to ... what's Nightward again!?

Have fun, welcome back and soon you'll be the one helping someone get to Nightward or Cimerora.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, UnoPerroGrande said:

Read the patch notes. There has been a lot of changes, we have no idea when you last played, and we don't know what your general play style. Both 1 and 2 are covered in patch notes (massive overhaul in travel powers, changes to stone armor). We don't even know if you take travel powers! 🙂 

34 minutes ago, Bill Z Bubba said:

Also, please see "ride" for the same reason. No, I don't know why I use that. "tt" is faster to type.

I would be gone if you typed “ride” reading it as a question rather than a statement.  I also dont know why i would assume that

• Haha 2

I always call it a limo.

As in, "Hey, boss, let me call a limo next time. That guy's getting paid for hanging out, might as well use him!"

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)