Savage melee brutes

Elia87

Energy Aura: Entropic Aura gives you +Recharge based on the number of foes within radius 8. While the resolution of the the following is low (had to compress the file considerably to get it to fit within the attachment size limitation) if you set the display to full screen you should be able to make +Recharge reaching 42.5%:

The character in the video is a scrapper but Brutes have access to both Savage Melee and Energy Aura, so the difference will be the same you face for choosing Brute as opposed to Scrapper. I also made no  attempt to further boost +Recharge, so it may be something to consider.

• Like 1

I like it with Bio. Mine is only in the mid-30s, so not sure how it would fare end game, but so far been really the most fun I've had on a brute. Non-step blender thanks to the endurance supply of Bio, decent resists and defense, and attacks feel strong and quick. This is while leveling on DOs only too.

Yes

Just avoid Hemorrhage, its a slow dot like Gloom.  Takes way to long to apply damage when any other attack will recharge twice to do about the same or greater.  Really needs a tweak to front load some of the damage.

Savage could use a tweak eventually, like how TW and EM got a buff, something that increases damage.  The +rech is nice, the -end cost is neglible at best (yet my Savage/Electric brute is always dying for endurance if I miss the Energize which is near perma.)

Edited by Outrider_01
  • Like 1

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

I went with Willpower, but that was one of my first toons after finding HC, and since /WP is "fire and forget" I figured it would be a good way to reacquaint myself with the game. 

/Rad would be interesting if I were to do a repeat on a Brute.  Leap, Ground Zero, Rad Therapy, and Particle Shielding all love global recharge so there's some potential there.

x2 on skipping Hemo, broken power is still broken.  Okay, not "broken," just bad. 😞  Honestly, before anything else Hemo should get tuned into something useful.

IMO: the cone can also be skipped as the build comes together in later levels (though one can absolutely level without it too...) since RF will be up often enough to cover anytime the cone would be useful.

As far as scrapper vs. brute - Yes. Both good.  Savage is great for building Fury on Brutes, and Scrappers can leverage the mechanics of Leap to trigger the Crit Strikes ATO Proc at the max 90% proc rate.

Can't speak to the Stalker version though.

Edited by InvaderStych
  • Like 1

You see a mousetrap? I see free cheese and a f$%^ing challenge.

Stalker swaps out a ST attack for AS and thus doesn't lose out like a number of stalker sets do with losing AoE, so it translates quite well outside of Hemo's slower damage being rather anti-stalker philosophy.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

I have 3 toons with savage melee.  It pairs marvelously well with Dark Armor.  My oldest 50 (Nux Aukairo) is a force to be reckoned with when combining Oppressive Gloom, Death Shroud, and Reactive or Degenerative Interface.

I also have a fire farmer that is Savage/Fire.  He is exceedingly fast and one of the fastest fire farmers I have seen, clearing Big Gotter’s Road Tunnel Farm solo right at about 7.5 minutes at +4/8.  I just made some changes to him that I am testing that I believe will allow me to shave 20 seconds off that time.

That being said, I think I have mastered Savage Melee.  Oddly enough, there are three mechanics going on in a Brute’s Savage that are make or break.  The first has already been mentioned:  the fury mechanic.  Building Fury is so essential to Brute viability that ignoring it will result in erratic and sub-par performance.

The second is Blood Frenzy.  This mechanic is the heart and soul of Savage Melee and must not be neglected.  Stacks of Blood Frenzy will boost your recharge, damage, and reduce endurance consumption.  Stacks of blood frenzy also give special abilities to Shred, Hemorrhage, and Rending Flurry.  Rending Flurry is the only attack of the three that I take (although I will soon be experimenting with Shred as well on a fourth toon).  5 stacks of blood frenzy make Rending Flurry go from an okay AoE to freaking phenomenal.  For a Brute, Blood Thirst automatically grants 5 stacks of Blood Frenzy (the homecoming wiki description of this power for Brutes is completely wrong).  Vicious slash also grants two stacks of blood frenzy.

The third mechanic that is largely ignored but equally essential for max carnage is found in Savage Leap.  This attack’s base damage scales up depending on distance away from the target (as you approach the maximum range of Savage Leap away from the target, the greater the damage). This works in conjunction with the Blood Frenzy Mechanic as well, granting you 1-3 stacks the further you are away when initiating the attack.

Combined, you need an attack chain that will give you Blood Frenzy, and the sufficient recharge the make it sustainable.  To build Blood Frenzy and incur maximum carnage, I propose this attack chain:

Savage Leap (from max range) (+3), Vicious Slash (+2), Rending Flurry (-5), Blood Thirst (+5), Vicious Slash (allows for recharge of next attack), Rending Flurry (-5), attack until exhaustion wears off, jump backward (or TP if you’re up for some clever keybinds), start over.  The carnage is beautiful and brutal.  Just to make clear, this chain is dependent on recharge, so get it up as high as possible.

That’s probably more than you wanted to know, but it is this player’s take after an extensive use of Savage Melee.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Microphone 1

Server:  Everlasting

Notable Toons:  Nux Aukairo (Savage Melee/Dark Armor Brute), Boanerges Aukairo (Electric Melee/Shield Defense Brute) Lux Aukairo (Beam Rifle/Radiation Emission Corruptor), EVENT HORlZON (Fire/Gravity Dominator), CharcoaI (Savage Melee/Fiery Aura Brute), lsotope (Radiation Melee/Dark Armor Brute), CLERlC (Dual Pistols/Time Corruptor), RoidRage (Invulnerability/Super Strength Tank), BasiIisk (Psi/Dark Stalker), Meissner Effect (Electric/Energy Tanker), Burn Card (Dual Pistols/Fiery Aura Sentinel), Nux (Dark Melee/Dark Armor Scrapper), Mecha Nux (Radiation Armor/Energy Melee Tanker), AE0NAUT (Beam Rifle/Temporal Manipulation Blaster)

10 hours ago, cfarevival said:

It pairs marvelously well with Dark Armor.  

Wow, you aren't joking. Made a Savage Melee / DA Brute and ran him up to lvl 7. The end reduction you get from blood frenzy really makes it easy to run DA's toggles without killing your endurance bar. I even ran sprint and beast run and my endurance didn't flatline. I'm really excited for this since endurance is always the biggest issue with Dark Armor. And with 5 stacks of blood frenzy the damage is great.

Question: How much does each stack increase damage/recharge? I'm not seeing that anywhere.

14 hours ago, cfarevival said:

I have 3 toons with savage melee.  It pairs marvelously well with Dark Armor.  My oldest 50 (Nux Aukairo) is a force to be reckoned with when combining Oppressive Gloom, Death Shroud, and Reactive or Degenerative Interface.

I also have a fire farmer that is Savage/Fire.  He is exceedingly fast and one of the fastest fire farmers I have seen, clearing Big Gotter’s Road Tunnel Farm solo right at about 7.5 minutes at +4/8.  I just made some changes to him that I am testing that I believe will allow me to shave 20 seconds off that time.

That being said, I think I have mastered Savage Melee.  Oddly enough, there are three mechanics going on in a Brute’s Savage that are make or break.  The first has already been mentioned:  the fury mechanic.  Building Fury is so essential to Brute viability that ignoring it will result in erratic and sub-par performance.

The second is Blood Frenzy.  This mechanic is the heart and soul of Savage Melee and must not be neglected.  Stacks of Blood Frenzy will boost your recharge, damage, and reduce endurance consumption.  Stacks of blood frenzy also give special abilities to Shred, Hemorrhage, and Rending Flurry.  Rending Flurry is the only attack of the three that I take (although I will soon be experimenting with Shred as well on a fourth toon).  5 stacks of blood frenzy make Rending Flurry go from an okay AoE to freaking phenomenal.  For a Brute, Blood Thirst automatically grants 5 stacks of Blood Frenzy (the homecoming wiki description of this power for Brutes is completely wrong).  Vicious slash also grants two stacks of blood frenzy.

The third mechanic that is largely ignored but equally essential for max carnage is found in Savage Leap.  This attack’s base damage scales up depending on distance away from the target (as you approach the maximum range of Savage Leap away from the target, the greater the damage). This works in conjunction with the Blood Frenzy Mechanic as well, granting you 1-3 stacks the further you are away when initiating the attack.

Combined, you need an attack chain that will give you Blood Frenzy, and the sufficient recharge the make it sustainable.  To build Blood Frenzy and incur maximum carnage, I propose this attack chain:

Savage Leap (from max range) (+3), Vicious Slash (+2), Rending Flurry (-5), Blood Thirst (+5), Vicious Slash (allows for recharge of next attack), Rending Flurry (-5), attack until exhaustion wears off, jump backward (or TP if you’re up for some clever keybinds), start over.  The carnage is beautiful and brutal.  Just to make clear, this chain is dependent on recharge, so get it up as high as possible.

That’s probably more than you wanted to know, but it is this player’s take after an extensive use of Savage Melee.

Why go brute and not scrapper for savage melee?

On 8/17/2021 at 11:58 PM, nihonsean said:

Wow, you aren't joking. Made a Savage Melee / DA Brute and ran him up to lvl 7. The end reduction you get from blood frenzy really makes it easy to run DA's toggles without killing your endurance bar. I even ran sprint and beast run and my endurance didn't flatline. I'm really excited for this since endurance is always the biggest issue with Dark Armor. And with 5 stacks of blood frenzy the damage is great.

Question: How much does each stack increase damage/recharge? I'm not seeing that anywhere.

So the extra damage comes from the mechanics found within the attacks. ***EDIT*** There is a global damage boost when obtaining stacks of blood frenzy from the blood thirst power! ***/END EDIT***  Some of the attacks do bonus damage per stack of blood frenzy you have, it is not a global damage boost, as far as I can tell.  Fury is a global boost, however.

Each stack of fury gives 4% recharge and 6% endurance.  So that is a 20% recharge boost at 5 stacks and a 30% endurance reduction at 5 stacks.  You need to be in combat and have those two numbers displayed to see the effects, but they are there.

Also, just a word of warning:  Dark Armor will absolutely become an endurance hog around level 24 and beyond.  It will not settle down until about level 50.  Be sure to add the +endurance and + recovery procs early on to mitigate this problem.

On 8/18/2021 at 3:18 AM, Crystal87 said:

Why go brute and not scrapper for savage melee?

It is a personal preference, really.  Scrappers are great, but I love playing brutes.  My playstyle synergizes very well with brute mechanics.  I am sure I would enjoy scrappers, but since I am in a habit of just jumping into the fray and aggroing multiple groups at a time, I don't find scrappers to be a compelling choice in the survivability department (although they are certainly better than the Corruptors and Dominators that I do the same thing with!).   Also, I frequently run my brutes as close to damage cap as possible.  I have keybinds to create and eat reds for me.  I take assault and musculature for incarnates and I really work to keep their damage high in slotting.  That being said, I prefer a mixture of tankiness and damage--and I get that right out of the box with a brute.  Of course scrappers can do more damage at times, but they don't have the resistance that brutes have.  The chance for criticals with scrappers is great, but brutes can gather and hold aggro far better (they basically have mini gauntlet).  Since I run a lot of teams, brute is just the way I usually go when I want a solid melee that can lead.

And to be perfectly fair, I have teamed with a fair number of scrappers who seem to survive just fine.  I am a little slow to branch out beyond what I have found enjoyable.  I JUST got into stalkers a few weeks ago.  I am working on mastering a tank build I have designed.  Yet, Scrappers won't be far behind.  Certainly going to work on them before I try to hit defenders, squids, and VEATS.

Edited by cfarevival
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Microphone 1

Notable Toons:  Nux Aukairo (Savage Melee/Dark Armor Brute), Boanerges Aukairo (Electric Melee/Shield Defense Brute) Lux Aukairo (Beam Rifle/Radiation Emission Corruptor), EVENT HORlZON (Fire/Gravity Dominator), CharcoaI (Savage Melee/Fiery Aura Brute), lsotope (Radiation Melee/Dark Armor Brute), CLERlC (Dual Pistols/Time Corruptor), RoidRage (Invulnerability/Super Strength Tank), BasiIisk (Psi/Dark Stalker), Meissner Effect (Electric/Energy Tanker), Burn Card (Dual Pistols/Fiery Aura Sentinel), Nux (Dark Melee/Dark Armor Scrapper), Mecha Nux (Radiation Armor/Energy Melee Tanker), AE0NAUT (Beam Rifle/Temporal Manipulation Blaster)

6 hours ago, cfarevival said:

So the extra damage comes from the mechanics found within the attacks.  Some of the attacks do bonus damage per stack of blood frenzy you have, it is not a global damage boost, as far as I can tell.  Fury is a global boost, however.

Each stack of fury gives 4% recharge and 6% endurance.  So that is a 20% recharge boost at 5 stacks and a 30% endurance reduction at 5 stacks.  You need to be in combat and have those two numbers displayed to see the effects, but they are there.

Also, just a word of warning:  Dark Armor will absolutely become an endurance hog around level 24 and beyond.  It will not settle down until about level 50.  Be sure to add the +endurance and + recovery procs early on to mitigate this problem.

It is a personal preference, really.  Scrappers are great, but I love playing brutes.  My playstyle synergizes very well with brute mechanics.  I am sure I would enjoy scrappers, but since I am in a habit of just jumping into the fray and aggroing multiple groups at a time, I don't find scrappers to be a compelling choice in the survivability department (although they are certainly better than the Corruptors and Dominators that I do the same thing with!).   Also, I frequently run my brutes as close to damage cap as possible.  I have keybinds to create and eat reds for me.  I take assault and musculature for incarnates and I really work to keep their damage high in slotting.  That being said, I prefer a mixture of tankiness and damage--and I get that right out of the box with a brute.  Of course scrappers can do more damage at times, but they don't have the resistance that brutes have.  The chance for criticals with scrappers is great, but brutes can gather and hold aggro far better (they basically have mini gauntlet).  Since I run a lot of teams, brute is just the way I usually go when I want a solid melee that can lead.

And to be perfectly fair, I have teamed with a fair number of scrappers who seem to survive just fine.  I am a little slow to branch out beyond what I have found enjoyable.  I JUST got into stalkers a few weeks ago.  I am working on mastering a tank build I have designed.  Yet, Scrappers won't be far behind.  Certainly going to work on them before I try to hit defenders, squids, and VEATS.

Thanks for taking the time to write such an insightful experience of your savage brute! Really appreciate it!

I decided to make one, and i am about to hit 50! Feel free to say no, but do you happen to have a build for savage/da you could share? as i have no idea nor experience with brutes at all on how to build one.

If not, i'll try to come up with something.

Again, thanks alot!

1 hour ago, Crystal87 said:

do you happen to have a build for savage/da you could share? as i have no idea nor experience with brutes at all on how to build one.

If not, i'll try to come up with something.

I do not use mids, as I like to build all my toons from scratch.  Some suggestions that I have that should help:

You don’t need Cloak of Fear or Soul Transfer.  Cloak of fear is less effective at locking down enemies than Oppressive Gloom.  It isn’t terrible and if you prefer the fear effect, then don’t take Oppressive Gloom, but I have found that the massive AoE kills baddies affected by fear very quickly, leaving only Lts and Bosses that are not affected.  Oppressive gloom does cause the baddies to wander a bit, but rarely far enough to matter.  The fact of the matter is that oppressive gloom acts like bonus defense.  The enemies simply do not attack you.  As far as soul transfer goes, you won’t need a self Rez hardly at all.  In the event of an endurance crash, you can use a Rez from the p2w.  That event should be exceedingly rare once the toon is completed.

In order to try not to be too wordy, I will offer these other suggestions:

Pool Powers needed:  Speed (Hasten), Fighting (Tough and Weave), Leadership (Manuevers, Assualt, Vengeance), And Leaping (Combat Jumping).  Slot all of the defensive toggles with at least one Luck of the Gambler Recharge Proc and 1 LotG Defense.  Slot weave with an additional Defense standard IO.

For Epic Pool, there are two possibilities that I equally enjoy:  Mu Mastery for its two AoE (Electrifying Fences and Ball Lightning) and Pyre Mastery for Melt Armor (Foe -def and -res).  However, Energy Mastery is also a consideration if you don’t want to use Incarnates to manage endurance.  Superior Conditioning and Physical Perfection will be your go to here.  I prefer to avoid Energy Mastery because I don’t want to be boxed in to taking the one power everyone says I should…lol!

Incarnates:

Alpha:  Musculature Core Paragon

Judgment:  Whatever fits thematically with your toon.

Interface:  Either Reactive Core Flawless Interface (-res) or Degenerative Flawless Interface (-max HP).  If your defense is lacking, take Diamagnetic Core Flawless Interface (100% -to hit debuff)

Lore:  Whatever fits thematically.

Destiny:  This is a tough choice.  Each T4 has pros and cons.  If you are going solo, you need the debuff resistance offered by Ageless Radial Epiphany.  If you are teaming and moving very quickly, you need the Recovery offered by Ageless Core Epiphany (unless you have Energy Epic).  If your defenses and res are lower than 45/90, you need  Barrier Core Epiphany.  My recommendation, get them all starting with Ageless Core Epiphany.  Swap them out as needed.

Hybrid:  I always pick Assault Radial Embodiment on Brutes for chance for double hit.  However, if you feel like survivability is an issue, pick Melee and choose whichever T4 fills in the gaps of your defense or resistance (not likely).

I hope that helps.  Toon design and function is my favorite thing about COH.  I love making concepts and rolling them.  My goal: make the toons fun to play and ignore conventions everyone has agreed upon in order to discover what works for me.  These are suggestions, but with so many options available to you, you can go far beyond what I have come up with.  I have discovered that Capped resistance is key with brutes.  Capped defense is one way to avoid hits, but so is -tohit and locking down baddies.  Max damage is nice, but -res, -def and -max hp simulate greater damage.  So run some tests and have fun, because the possibilities are endless!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Microphone 1

On 8/17/2021 at 10:56 AM, cfarevival said:

I also have a fire farmer that is Savage/Fire.

*screams like a fan girl* Can I have your autograph!?!?!?

I got one as well, Deadbloke on Excelsior.   Saw another SM/Fire last week wend, was 400+ vet level.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

6 hours ago, Outrider_01 said:

I got one as well, Deadbloke on Excelsior.   Saw another SM/Fire last week wend, was 400+ vet level.

That's sweet!  HAHA!  Glad to hear there are others!

On 8/18/2021 at 11:42 AM, cfarevival said:

Hybrid:  I always pick Assault Radial Embodiment on Brutes for chance for double hit.  However, if you feel like survivability is an issue, pick Melee and choose whichever T4 fills in the gaps of your defense or resistance (not likely).

Savage should always take Double-Hit, imo, because of the unique mechanics of Savage Leap.**  It's two separate powers.  In combat logs you'll see it fire as "Your Savage Leap power" once, which is the targeted teleport portion (which does no actual damage of its own).  Then you will see "Your Savage Leap AOE power" (or similar wording) for each mob in range, including the teleport target.

The fun part is that Hybrid uses a single target equation for the damage calc on your teleport target (still only hitting once though), but all of the other targets receive damage based on the AoE (360deg) equation.  The result is that the teleport target takes a whole bunch more damage (4x) from the Hybrid "proc" than the rest of the targets in range.

More details, my combat logs, and Bopper's confirmation in his "What the Hell is Double-Hit" thread over in Guides.

If one is inclined to play a toon well into Vet levels, there's more than enough iSalvage and EmpyMerits to build up two Hybrid trees.  I usually run the added dmg for regular play, and switch into survival mode if I'm running something particularly dangerous or seeing at what point the toon breaks for S's & G's.

My most played Scrapper is just about done with both, but I haven't decided if the extra +def or +res is a better fit for /SD.  Last time I ran with the +res side it seemed quite good, but that's not a Savage toon, so apologies for the tangent, lol.

** - Edit: It might still be "better" in overall average damage over long units of time to stay Core on Scrappers, but I don't have the math skills to make that call. If my Savage/Invuln (scrapper) project sees iPowers I'll probably still go Radial though.

Edited by InvaderStych
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, InvaderStych said:

Savage should always take Double-Hit, imo, because of the unique mechanics of Savage Leap.**

Agreed, however I do have 1 brute that takes melee (Elec/SD) and it is purely because he functions like a tank.  He does a lot of damage but not what he could.  However, he is basically unkillable.  It is a trade off that I am willing to make just so I can have a toon like that available.

Double hit is important for brutes, especially if you are eating reds constantly and staying close to damage cap.

2 hours ago, cfarevival said:

Agreed, however I do have 1 brute that takes melee (Elec/SD) and it is purely because he functions like a tank.

Which side did you decide on for Melee?  My Psi/SD scrapper is at the point of picking which T4 to build, mentioned above that the +res seemed, on the surface, more durable than the +def with only a few comparison runs on Cim and DA missions.

Edited by InvaderStych

1 hour ago, InvaderStych said:

Which side did you decide on for Melee?

For my toon, I took the resistance, but you really need to look at how you are slotted.  If you are at res cap, you only receive the regeneration and status protection bonus so you should take the defense.  If you are capped defense, it may be better to take resistance.  If neither is capped, I recommend taking resistance AND Diamagentic interface with 100% tohit debuff (which acts like defense).  Either one will give you the same regen/status protection.  However, for my SD toon, this is my “Oh Crap!” button.  It functions to boost my regen and res in the event that I am dealing with enemies (arachnos, Malta, etc) that can put me down over an extended time.  That being noted, this power will only work well against several enemies.  Soloing an AV will provide little benefit as the buffs are minor but become effective per enemy surrounding you.  If you are soloing, take assault hybrid and rebirth radial epiphany (+heal, +regen).

Hope this helps!

10 minutes ago, Crystal87 said:

I give up

Don’t give up!  Let me review mine and get it typed up and I will post it within a few days.  In the mean time, show me what you got already and I will look at it.  Let me know if there is anything you absolutely want to keep on it.  Also remember that I am running a toon that is in the high 90s vet level and has all the accolades.  It took a lot of work to get him there, but it is a fun toon.

1 hour ago, Crystal87 said:

I give up, I tried following what you said but I just can’t make a brute build, it is too complicated! I will wait for a miracle when someone posts one for savage/dark! 

Here's a (expensive) savage/dark brute build to tide you over until you find something else you like better. Softcap S/L defense, good resists, enough recharge and procs in all the right places, endurance efficient.  Built for musculature alpha / Ageless Radial destiny (or barrier if you prefer). This will do great in most content including exemplar if you buy your enhancements attuned from the AH (PVP IO's and purple IO's should not be attuned though so buy them normal, but you can +5 boost some of them if you want). You could switch the Blisterings in Vicious to Hecatombs if you just want more recharge, as melee defense will still be softcapped though you'll lose S/L softcap, and this would also improve the accuracy of a couple powers. If accuracy is a concern (it probably shouldn't be, this is good enough), you can switch Assault for Tactics and put a Cytoskeleton hamidon enhancement in it, or you could switch a slot somewhere for a Kismet +Acc unique.

Spoiler

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.5.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Brute
Primary Power Set: Savage Melee
Secondary Power Set: Dark Armor
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Energy Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Maiming Slash -- SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBrtFur-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprBrtFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprBrtFur-Rech/Fury%(7)
Level 1: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(7), UnbGrd-ResDam(9), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(9), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(11), StdPrt-ResKB(11)
Level 2: Death Shroud -- SprUnrFur-Rchg/+Regen/+End(A), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprUnrFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), SprUnrFur-Dmg/Rchg(19), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg(19)
Level 4: Murky Cloud -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(21), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(21), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(23), GldArm-3defTpProc(23)
Level 6: Shred -- SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(25), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(27), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(27), AchHee-ResDeb%(29)
Level 8: Vicious Slash -- SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(29), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(31), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(31), FrcFdb-Rechg%(33)
Level 10: Obsidian Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(33), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(33), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(34)
Level 12: Blood Thirst -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 14: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(34), Rct-Def(34)
Level 16: Dark Regeneration -- ThfofEss-+End%(A), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(36), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Heal/HP/Regen(36), TchoftheN-%Dam(36), Obl-%Dam(37), Erd-%Dam(37)
Level 18: Rending Flurry -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(37), Arm-Acc/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(39), Erd-%Dam(40)
Level 20: Cloak of Darkness -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(40), ShlWal-Def(40), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(42), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(42)
Level 22: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(42)
Level 24: Super Speed -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 26: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 28: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(43), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(43), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(43)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(45), LucoftheG-Def(45)
Level 32: Savage Leap -- FuroftheG-Acc/Dmg(A), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(45), Obl-%Dam(46), ScrDrv-Dam%(46), Erd-%Dam(46), PrfZng-Dam%(48)
Level 35: Oppressive Gloom -- AbsAmz-ToHitDeb%(A), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(48), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(48), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(50), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(50)
Level 38: Superior Conditioning -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 41: Physical Perfection -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 44: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 47: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Fury
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(13), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(13)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(15)
Level 1: Blood Frenzy
Level 44: Speed Phase
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
		|-------------------------------------------------------------------|
		|MxDz;1356;647;1294;HEX;|
		|78DA65935B4F13511485CF5C2AF646E9BD08154AC1DEA050DF440D514B89D022098|
		|9AFCD048EA5B196665A8DC4271F7C57A2315140F0F2803124FE04E3EFB19AA8519F|
		|EAEEEC25356192E997B3CEDEB3D759332DDDCFBB8E161ECE09C579AD66349BE5ABE|
		|6DD96B4958C4A754D1374F5D11DB1C47249D6A4CCAE1AF78C0A16D8C8CB5BB2DE94|
		|D9BC61DE2E5F31EF6C9AC2B5B2B959CB16A5D1A8D62B0E6BB1DA9072DDF34F5F976|
		|673A3DA705BEB42B5B2D1A2C2C1F946752D3B5F976665AB5C329A2D696EB1A308D9|
		|88D17D98A41FA56BAC6313FBE430A70BF5007CCDD4DF806F99A7DE315F88FF7AFF6|
		|0EF37F3F40FF027D311A6C22831C27CD96D45AFE2D5AD9AFE01E68007EC67FADCA0|
		|8BB9435D1AF7EA1AE605302F8079A15FE079E67B3AA70DF36C07FC9CC83EB8C33CB|
		|307EE32873FA942F875B19CE2D7D6EDED7B86BDA7CCB3DBE013F03173F4916A7197|
		|BAEC3C57B3C3EB28BC8EC26B0C5E8FC8A393E708E721F78768B09BFB557750E1FAE|
		|FE86B33F768D76385D9B1797C9A956F3CCC7BF11018618E0BB0AD5A751F68A617B9|
		|782FF3CCF14BCC7317C159F0023381DE57D4E5C77BF0C35B62899F9F5864A60AE07|
		|5E6189D27C83D4A3043C8D9450A8CD35E18E70F0FE11B246D10DA60872EA1913284|
		|448790681A89A691681A89EA541B457A51389C1C0003CC8F94C008121899D52C279|
		|373DC3F85B4A61E08264E3EDDE4240E481E43026337589B5E064BCC5C115C62DABD|
		|424C708F9878CE9A8BB424B424342F79CF20A90CBCE7E0DD477B59A4928D717A01D|
		|266A0CDA0BEA01FFF433BC3BAC0D5E92E29C9E20965454739298AA57C711C3F0135|
		|ED13CAD79EA28A182596A0132D2ACC9BECE45BAF46113861FFB66A3997899ECBCF6|
		|93A353BE8FC05216DCFC0|

• Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Krimson said:

Mind you the tanker is another weird experiment

I love experimenting on possibilities!  I have seen fold space utilized amazingly, particularly by toons named Astral Projector and

V O I D on indomitable.  They are phenomenal tanks.  I am currently building and designing a sapper tank (Electric/Ice).  I am pleased to note that it works very well thus far!  I will be presenting him as a concept toon in the tank forum soon!

• 2 weeks later
On 8/20/2021 at 11:01 PM, Dark Dove said:

Here's a (expensive) savage/dark brute build to tide you over until you find something else you like better. Softcap S/L defense, good resists, enough recharge and procs in all the right places, endurance efficient.  Built for musculature alpha / Ageless Radial destiny (or barrier if you prefer). This will do great in most content including exemplar if you buy your enhancements attuned from the AH (PVP IO's and purple IO's should not be attuned though so buy them normal, but you can +5 boost some of them if you want). You could switch the Blisterings in Vicious to Hecatombs if you just want more recharge, as melee defense will still be softcapped though you'll lose S/L softcap, and this would also improve the accuracy of a couple powers. If accuracy is a concern (it probably shouldn't be, this is good enough), you can switch Assault for Tactics and put a Cytoskeleton hamidon enhancement in it, or you could switch a slot somewhere for a Kismet +Acc unique.

Reveal hidden contents

This Villain build was built using Mids Reborn 3.0.5.7
https://github.com/Reborn-Team/MidsReborn

Click this DataLink to open the build!

Level 50 Magic Brute
Primary Power Set: Savage Melee
Secondary Power Set: Dark Armor
Power Pool: Leaping
Power Pool: Speed
Power Pool: Leadership
Power Pool: Fighting
Ancillary Pool: Energy Mastery

Villain Profile:
Level 1: Maiming Slash -- SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg(A), SprBrtFur-Dmg/Rchg(3), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(3), SprBrtFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprBrtFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(5), SprBrtFur-Rech/Fury%(7)
Level 1: Dark Embrace -- UnbGrd-Max HP%(A), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(7), UnbGrd-ResDam(9), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(9), StdPrt-ResDam/Def+(11), StdPrt-ResKB(11)
Level 2: Death Shroud -- SprUnrFur-Rchg/+Regen/+End(A), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(15), SprUnrFur-Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(17), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(17), SprUnrFur-Dmg/Rchg(19), SprUnrFur-Acc/Dmg(19)
Level 4: Murky Cloud -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(21), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(21), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(23), GldArm-3defTpProc(23)
Level 6: Shred -- SprAvl-Rchg/KDProc(A), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx/Rchg(25), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg(25), SprAvl-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(27), SprAvl-Dmg/EndRdx(27), AchHee-ResDeb%(29)
Level 8: Vicious Slash -- SprBlsCol-Rchg/HoldProc(A), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx/Acc/Rchg(29), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg/EndRdx(31), SprBlsCol-Dmg/EndRdx(31), SprBlsCol-Acc/Dmg(31), FrcFdb-Rechg%(33)
Level 10: Obsidian Shield -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(33), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(33), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(34)
Level 12: Blood Thirst -- GssSynFr--Build%(A)
Level 14: Combat Jumping -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), Rct-ResDam%(34), Rct-Def(34)
Level 16: Dark Regeneration -- ThfofEss-+End%(A), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Rchg(36), TchoftheN-Acc/EndRdx/Heal/HP/Regen(36), TchoftheN-%Dam(36), Obl-%Dam(37), Erd-%Dam(37)
Level 18: Rending Flurry -- Arm-Dam%(A), Arm-Dmg/EndRdx(37), Arm-Acc/Rchg(39), Arm-Acc/Dmg/Rchg(39), Arm-Dmg/Rchg(39), Erd-%Dam(40)
Level 20: Cloak of Darkness -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), ShlWal-ResDam/Re TP(40), ShlWal-Def(40), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx(42), ShlWal-Def/EndRdx/Rchg(42)
Level 22: Hasten -- RechRdx-I(A), RechRdx-I(42)
Level 24: Super Speed -- WntGif-ResSlow(A)
Level 26: Kick -- Empty(A)
Level 28: Tough -- UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx/Rchg(A), UnbGrd-ResDam(43), UnbGrd-ResDam/EndRdx(43), UnbGrd-Rchg/ResDam(43)
Level 30: Weave -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(45), LucoftheG-Def(45)
Level 32: Savage Leap -- FuroftheG-Acc/Dmg(A), FuroftheG-ResDeb%(45), Obl-%Dam(46), ScrDrv-Dam%(46), Erd-%Dam(46), PrfZng-Dam%(48)
Level 35: Oppressive Gloom -- AbsAmz-ToHitDeb%(A), AbsAmz-EndRdx/Stun(48), AbsAmz-Acc/Rchg(48), AbsAmz-Acc/Stun/Rchg(50), AbsAmz-Stun/Rchg(50)
Level 38: Superior Conditioning -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 41: Physical Perfection -- PrfShf-End%(A)
Level 44: Maneuvers -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A), LucoftheG-Def/EndRdx(50)
Level 47: Assault -- EndRdx-I(A)
Level 49: Vengeance -- LucoftheG-Def/Rchg+(A)
Level 1: Fury
Level 1: Brawl -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Sprint -- Empty(A)
Level 2: Rest -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Swift -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Hurdle -- Empty(A)
Level 1: Health -- Pnc-Heal/+End(A), Mrc-Rcvry+(13), NmnCnv-Regen/Rcvry+(13)
Level 1: Stamina -- PrfShf-End%(A), PrfShf-EndMod(15)
Level 1: Blood Frenzy
Level 44: Speed Phase
------------

| Copy & Paste this data into Mids Reborn : Hero Designer to view the build |
		|MxDz;1356;647;1294;HEX;|
		|78DA65935B4F13511485CF5C2AF646E9BD08154AC1DEA050DF440D514B89D022098|
		|9AFCD048EA5B196665A8DC4271F7C57A2315140F0F2803124FE04E3EFB19AA8519F|
		|EAEEEC25356192E997B3CEDEB3D759332DDDCFBB8E161ECE09C579AD66349BE5ABE|
		|6DD96B4958C4A754D1374F5D11DB1C47249D6A4CCAE1AF78C0A16D8C8CB5BB2DE94|
		|D9BC61DE2E5F31EF6C9AC2B5B2B959CB16A5D1A8D62B0E6BB1DA9072DDF34F5F976|
		|673A3DA705BEB42B5B2D1A2C2C1F946752D3B5F976665AB5C329A2D696EB1A308D9|
		|88D17D98A41FA56BAC6313FBE430A70BF5007CCDD4DF806F99A7DE315F88FF7AFF6|
		|0EF37F3F40FF027D311A6C22831C27CD96D45AFE2D5AD9AFE01E68007EC67FADCA0|
		|8BB9435D1AF7EA1AE605302F8079A15FE079E67B3AA70DF36C07FC9CC83EB8C33CB|
		|307EE32873FA942F875B19CE2D7D6EDED7B86BDA7CCB3DBE013F03173F4916A7197|
		|BAEC3C57B3C3EB28BC8EC26B0C5E8FC8A393E708E721F78768B09BFB557750E1FAE|
		|FE86B33F768D76385D9B1797C9A956F3CCC7BF11018618E0BB0AD5A751F68A617B9|
		|782FF3CCF14BCC7317C159F0023381DE57D4E5C77BF0C35B62899F9F5864A60AE07|
		|5E6189D27C83D4A3043C8D9450A8CD35E18E70F0FE11B246D10DA60872EA1913284|
		|448790681A89A691681A89EA541B457A51389C1C0003CC8F94C008121899D52C279|
		|373DC3F85B4A61E08264E3EDDE4240E481E43026337589B5E064BCC5C115C62DABD|
		|424C708F9878CE9A8BB424B424342F79CF20A90CBCE7E0DD477B59A4928D717A01D|
		|266A0CDA0BEA01FFF433BC3BAC0D5E92E29C9E20965454739298AA57C711C3F0135|
		|ED13CAD79EA28A182596A0132D2ACC9BECE45BAF46113861FFB66A3997899ECBCF6|
		|93A353BE8FC05216DCFC0|

I cannot thank you enough for this! I got my brute to 50, almost equipped everything and unlocked all but hybrid slot! Love it the set but I feel i do little dmg..will update once i unlock hybrid and all gear

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Elia87 said:

I cannot thank you enough for this! I got my brute to 50, almost equipped everything and unlocked all but hybrid slot! Love it the set but I feel i do little dmg..will update once i unlock hybrid and all gear

You're welcome, have fun.

Savage has "slow" damage because it relies on damage over time and can feel a little anemic, especially vs. single targets, and there's not much to be done about it other than sacrificing survivability for damage% procs. Your AoE should feel pretty decent, though. This is just one of the pitfalls of the set, it really needs a pass by the dev team to fix the problems with Hemo and maybe some of the other powers.  Still, fun set, neat animations, and fits a lot of themes so I still happen to like it in spite of the flaws.

• Like 2