The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Team TP and Group Fly suggestion

imho group fly and team tp havent been fixed.  The fact a player could ruin (unintentionally) or grief (intentionally) an incarnate trial seems a major oversight.  I know this first hand, as a failure to load the right keybinds and bit of alcohol caused a baf to fail.  While im sure the video would be funny, those on the tennis courts with me that night werent amused. 

I think these are great choices for pets (not just MMs but thats really my focus) that require deep dives into power pools.  But also means i have to stop using when teamed, or tell my teammates or worse leaguemates to hit null the gull...  Potentially not possible mid incarnate trial.

I have some suggestions not all mine (a few Ive read as Ive paid alot of attention to this topic):

*Make it an option like team difficulty settings from chat. 

*Make tp affect pets and leave team tp as is.  My personal fav.  Pets are a power for my character and half of them, so why should i have to dig deeper in pools to keep em near me?

*Default players to null setting "off" for this. 

While you cant nerf my alcohol, you can try to protect the player base from it.  

• 7 months later
On 8/12/2021 at 4:12 PM, RageusQuitus2 said:

*Default players to null setting "off" for this. 

That option breaks group fly. Essentially you turn it on but stay grounded, You have a Sphere around you that lets everything else fly around you (hover/fly and I assume arcane work still)

I think it's fine as you would have hover or flight to get to group flight but still its pita, I wish it could be but it breaks the people with group fly i.e. you would have to see null to make your power work. 

How about an additional pop up with After burner called pet flight thats group flight that only affects you and pets. 

Or give you 2 toggles 1 group fly 2. pet fly. nobody would run 1.

I'm already not running any more ITF's with my MM. Group fly breaks to many other players powers. Traps, Elec A, Stone A., fire A.,  Hotfeet, All of TW. Weakens Seismic blast. Can you footstomp in the air?

and I'm tired of asking if I can run it. I feel like like a jerk. 

and some people just plain hate flying, and it makes bots so good.

I do love Group Fly on Bots. But I feel the odd man out when I team with that toon, so she flies solo most of the time.

Another option would be like the Team Transport dialogue box, or the Magic Fortune (from P2W... similar to insp chest and secondary mutation... I forget the exact name)... that asks a Y/N input if you want another players Group Fly to affect you whenever it is toggled on. If a player joins a team with it on, then everyone else just carries on how they were. But if it's toggled off and then turned on, then you get the confirmation dialogue.

8 hours ago, bustacap said:

Can you footstomp in the air?

You can foot stomp while flying if you are near the ground.  It has a slightly different animation that looks like you are stomping while flying (seems obvious).

I singled out Arc of Destruction in a different suggestion by asking for it to work while flying close to the ground like foot stomp but it didnt generate much community backing.  I'll have to get a longer list of powers that are affected and try again sometime.

44 minutes ago, MsSmart said:

Simple fix, the Window Options gives you an option to prompt you if you want to be teleported, and another option to be prompted if you want to be group flown. Simple and should have been like this all along.

Sue

Except both Paragon Studios and Homecoming developers have said that that is not possible without a huge amount of work.  Not at all simple.

IMO, some people need to stop acting like infants and take the two minutes to go visit Null the Gull in Pocket D.  Boom.  Done.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Thumbs Down 1

I was going to start a new suggestion before I tested the null the gull option on my bots/time. THats when I found this one and was hoping someone could come up with a working change that is viable with little work. 

My suggestion was going to be flip the key in the DB to group fly affects me = no as the default before I tested it on my bots/time.

Maybe give us an alt that lets the group only affect self (and pets) as a second toggle, or TP click.  

Once in pocket D I couldn't even get a brute to walk across the dance floor. I don't think I should have to ask people to see null the gull. 

Getting people to see null from cimora is unlikely to work unless you grief  them,  and  null wont work during a TF anyway. 

As the powers currently codded to make us grief players to see null after the TF. Thats not great economics. And makes me just want to Farm and do MSR with that MM. 

Edited by bustacap
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, bustacap said:

Once in pocket D I couldn't even get a brute to walk across the dance floor. I don't think I should have to ask people to see null the gull. 

I don't think anyone is arguing that you * should * be able to grief others;  The issue is how to implement things, using the resources available, in an effective manner.  Maybe just making Null the Gull available in more locations could help, perhaps with a little popup pointing new players to speak to him/it....

• Thumbs Up 1

I didn't say you *should* I'm saying those are your choices. 

Asking them and then doing it after they say no is greifing because you're breaking other players powers. 

And how do you stop group fly from griefing you? Go to pocket D before the TF starts. Hope you are paying attention to chat, or you're getting griefed an entire TF.

And if they say no, and you don't grief, you're stuck with bots, with meh resist, that get stuck under the floor sometimes. 

Edited by bustacap

6 minutes ago, bustacap said:

Hope you are paying attention to chat

I'm not saying that willy-nilly use of group fly or tp is great or anything, but if YOU aren't paying attention to chat, especially on a TF, then that's on you.  Playing devil's advocate here, I don't think it is against the game rules to use your powers - even if other players don't like it.  No one has any more right to tell someone else NOT to use their powers, then to tell anyone else how to play in general.  There is a solution to this situation - speak to Null the Gull - it may not be perfect or convenient, but it is there.  I could get behind being able to access Null's functionality while mid-TF/SF...

Wouldn't work.  Null the Gull's options are via a dialogue tree, and you can't do dialogue with anyone else when doing a TF, SF, or Trial.  That's why the only P2W vendor you can access while on a TF, SF, or Trial is the one in Pocket D.  No dialogue.

Just now, Apparition said:

Wouldn't work.  Null the Gull's options are via a dialogue tree, and you can't do dialogue with anyone else when doing a TF, SF, or Trial.  That's why the only P2W vendor you can access while on a TF, SF, or Trial is the one in Pocket D.  No dialogue.

Any reason they couldn't implement a version of Null without the dialogue tree, just like the P2W vendor you pointed out?

Just now, biostem said:

Any reason they couldn't implement a version of Null without the dialogue tree, just like the P2W vendor you pointed out?

Now that I don't know, that's something a developer would have to answer.  But I suspect that if it was possible, they would have already done it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Duplication of an abhorred character in same "zone" comes to mind. Kind of like asking for there to be two Ms. Liberties in Atlas Park. Maybe just strip the dialogue from Null the Gull and make him a menu-driven interaction instead?

• Thumbs Up 1

Im trying to think of normal play though. You would still have to convince players to go to pocket D, from Cimora or the Shadow Shard and back again.

Not every player has an SG. 

Also, the TF givers and Level up people will dialog during a TF. Just a thought.

Edited by bustacap

27 minutes ago, bustacap said:

Im trying to think of normal play though. You would still have to convince players to go to pocket D, from Cimora or the Shadow Shard and back again.

Not every player has an SG. 

Also, the TF givers and Level up people will dialog during a TF. Just a thought.

Add a non-dialogue version of Null in a bunch of other zones...

11 minutes ago, biostem said:

*pats @biostem on shoulder and hands Defecation Deflection Device (patent pending)* You're gonna need this....

Null being in other zones has already been asked. And the sheer hate of the idea was... ... wow....

So, uhm, good luck....

Edited by Rudra
Edited to correct "had" to "and", and add patent pending notice so others don't steal design..
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, biostem said:

I figured there was a reason null was only in 1 pocket dimension. Maybe adding the group travel options to more NPCs as it isn't a Franklin Richardsesque  reality shift (which I believe is the lore reason for NUll)

On 3/27/2022 at 12:43 AM, bustacap said:

That option breaks group fly. Essentially you turn it on but stay grounded, You have a Sphere around you that lets everything else fly around you (hover/fly and I assume arcane work still)

I wish I could set all that stuff in the options window instead of needing to go to the Gull.

Pretty much I always turn the movement speed boost, group fly, teleport team, and accept mystic fortune off. It makes going to the Gull a necessity when I first making a character and I forgot about the talking bird before I made my first 50 or so characters on Homecoming.

I didn't realize I had forgotten until the first time someone team teleported me. It's more a power to prank our team with than anything else.

The first time I saw anyone use it in a way that made sense was last week when I saw a mastermind porting himself and his pets into groups of enemies.

They yelled at me to turn on my "accept teleport", I didn't even bother responding.

• Thumbs Up 1

If someone posts a reply quoting me and I don't reply, they may be on ignore.

(It seems I'm involved with so much at this point that I may not be able to easily retrieve access to all the notifications)

Some players know that I have them on ignore and are likely to make posts knowing that is the case.

But the fact that I have them on ignore won't stop some of them from bullying and harassing people, because some of them love to do it. There is a group that have banded together to target forum posters they don't like. They think that this behavior is acceptable.

Ignore (in the forums) and /ignore (in-game) are tools to improve your gaming experience. Don't feel bad about using them.