New Resurrect Inspiration Ideas

SuperPlyx

We have all been there, you miscalculated or maybe you were just over run...but you are dead and to add insult to injury the mobs are standing on your corpse. You know using a rez here will only mean immediately dyeing again.

The "Help I've fallen and I can't get up" inspirations idea:

Inspiration that will allow you to teleport a short distance to a safer location then rez you. Can only be used when in the dead state.

or

Inspiration that will grant you Invisibility before rez , allowing you to get up without being seen. Would also put you in the "only affecting self" for a short time.

On 8/15/2021 at 9:08 AM, SuperPlyx said:

Inspiration that will allow you to teleport a short distance to a safer location then rez you. Can only be used when in the dead state.

I for one think this is a really neat idea.  

Though I have no idea how feasible it is in terms of coding.

Because yes, the way they are now, Awakens are only usable on teams.  Unless you have a Break free, a Luck, a Respite, good timing and a LOT of personal luck. 

21 minutes ago, Aeroprism said:

Because yes, the way they are now, Awakens are only usable on teams.  Unless you have a Break free, a Luck, a Respite, good timing and a LOT of personal luck. 

Or you've done a good job of planning and pulled the spawn that got you far enough away from their initial position that when they get tired of waiting and wander back to their starting position that they're out of aggro range. Which can be hard to do in most maps.

2 hours ago, Aeroprism said:

Which kinda makes me laugh...  because my solo toons routinely safely use Awaken.  Certainly not always, but enough that it's not unusual.

That being said, I'm of mixed minds about this proposal.  I kinda don't like the diminishment of risk and the provision of something that feels to me something like "get out of jail free" card.  But on the other hand, I can sympathize with the situations that make it desirable.

• Thumbs Up 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

I would like to see "Super Leveling Inspirations" available for incarnate thread purchase from Luna in Ouro that give you the equivalent of the leveling up inspirations when you use them.  Getting a Large inspiration of every kind dropped on  you would allow you to rez and either get away or fire up some defenses. The Return to Battle (I think that is the name) power from the P2W vendor does this, but sometimes I die again while it is still on cool down -- don't judge me!  😉

Well, I always re-die when I use awakens.  I'm probably just not skilled enough to use them properly. I never claimed to be a skilled player.  I just love the game.

Ok. Guys. This will be the first time I kinda-sorta lose my temper since I joined these forums but I need to say this.

You know guys. I like reading this part of the forum because there are some really nice ideas there from times to times.  I don't think I've ever suggested anything because I'm really not good at this. But I like reading. Granted, some ideas are not as good, but there are some genuine nice ones. 

Unfortunately, it sometimes feels like this section has become a pissing contest to determine who can come up with the edgiest way to rebuke any and all ideas.

If you don't like an idea, say you don't like it. Come up with an alternative if you can, or don't if the idea is simply too ludicrous.  But it's just that: an idea.  It's not like everything that is asked here will be automatically implemented.  We're all the same community. Let's be excellent to each other.

Sorry if this offended anyone. I just really like this place so I do what I can to preserve it.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Aeroprism said:

I never claimed to be a skilled player.  I just love the game.

You and I think a lot alike.

20 hours ago, Aeroprism said:

Unfortunately, it sometimes feels like this section has become a pissing contest to determine who can come up with the edgiest way to rebuke any and all ideas.

You and I think a lot alike. 🙂

So, there isn't a "team rez" inspiration, I believe. Just wondering if there is an opportunity to create one and combine one of these ideas. Sounds cool.

• Like 1

So in general I like things not to get any easier and as mentioned above moving the fight so it occurs somewhere else is a good preventative action and with all the various movement options how tough is returning from the hospital in any case.  That said:

• not everyone wants it difficult especially 24/7 and as relatively small as the penalty is we are talking about someone already dead.  
  • Stuff in real life happens.  You take a restroom or food break thinking you're safe.  Then the wandering mob or ambush comes along.  Or maybe your 4 year old wanders in holding "really hazardous object number 3" just as you start pulling the fight away in case things go south.  Or that phone call you've been waiting on all day finally happens or ... you get the idea.
  • They are paying an inspiration slot tax for the ability.  It's one less other type of inspiration they have on hand.  

So not really something I'm looking for but I'm not against it particularly either.

I think a comfortable medium that is also thematic as hell would be minor concealment.

Not perfect, so it won't help vs people literally standing on you, but enough that you could stagger up at the periphery would be good.

We always see it in comics and action movies, where the good guy wakes up/isn't dead afterall and slowly gets into position for their surprise counterattack.