Galaxy City: Reconstruction

It would be cool to have a tiered event that slowly rebuilds Galaxy City. There's construction assets like cranes and I-beams and such, so in theory should be possible. 

• Repopulate GC
  • Memorial Wall for all that died during Galaxy City's Destruction
  • Could transition it to a higher level zone, maybe with Shivans, Rularuu, etc. Like a precursor to Battalion.

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, SeraphimKensai said:

It would be cool to have a tiered event that slowly rebuilds Galaxy City. There's construction assets like cranes and I-beams and such, so in theory should be possible. 

• Repopulate GC
  • Memorial Wall for all that died during Galaxy City's Destruction
  • Could transition it to a higher level zone, maybe with Shivans, Rularuu, etc. Like a precursor to Battalion.

That is a cool idea!

• Thumbs Up 1

Find me on Everlasting or Indom as:
Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker)Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Ratchet Dog (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Sleep Doctor (Mind/Poison Controller)Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor)Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper)Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker)Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller)Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker)Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute), Red Gloom (Dark/Pain Corruptor), Marble Marbina (Thugs/FF Mastermind)

So, do we build another tutorial zone, or just remove GC?

(Also, I'd frankly like to see Boomtown dealt with, as far as reconstruction. It's got the barest start. But that's a lot of work... Also also, ugh, battalion...)

• Thumbs Up 2

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Yes, I would LOVE to see Galaxy City brought back in some form. Even just activating the AE in Echo GC would be kinda nice since you could create flashback missions set in Galaxy with a little added immersion. That would be super easy to do I would imagine?

Edited by D0C_MID4S

I would love this! 

Though, part of me wants them to not put Galaxy City back where it used to be. Maybe Galaxy City should be moved into a section of Boomtown - the constructed part. It could have a memorial wall and everything. The reason why they can't move people back to Galaxy City is because the Shivan and what not... 

But regardless, that would be fun. 

3 minutes ago, Doc_Scorpion said:

No, we just delete that POS and rely on Outbreak and Breakout.

As long as we acknowledge that the events in it did happen and we rescue Blue Spectrum. That guy deserves better than an eternal death loop.

• Thumbs Up 1

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

I Sing of Arms and the Man (Arc id 42617) | Three Sisters (Arc id 43013)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

33 minutes ago, GraspingVileTerror said:

Why do you say that, @Darmian?  For all we know, Blue Spectrum got exactly what he deserved.  Unless you know something more to the story?

But, yeah . . . I'm not against the Ruined Galaxy City Tutorial evaporating in to nothingness . . . BUT we should probably make an actually good tutorial first.

Everyone deserves the benefit of the doubt. Guy is holding out against the Shivans and gets helped? Cool. Killed for it? Not cool. Oh you're a villain now! Well done. 

Benefit of the doubt!

AE SFMA Arcs: The Meteors (Arc id 42079) Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part One. (Arc id 26756) X | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Two. (Arc id 26952) | Dark Deeds in Galaxy City: Part Three. (Arc id 27233) Darker Deeds: Part One (Arc id 28374) | Darker Deeds: Part Two. (Arc id 28536) | Darker Deeds: Part Three. (Arc id 29252) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part One (Arc id 29891) |

Darkest Before Dawn: Part Two (Arc id 30210) | Darkest Before Dawn: Part Three (Arc id 30560) |

Bridge of Forever ( Arc id 36642) | The Cassini Division (Arc id 37104) X | The House of Gaunt Saints (Arc id 37489) X | The Spark of the Blind (Arc id 40403) | Damnatio Memoriae (Arc id 41140) X  The Eve of War (Arc id 41583) | Spirals: Part One. (Arc id 55109) |  Spirals: Part Two. (Arc id 55358) |  Spirals: Part Three. (Arc id 57197)

(Pre War Praetorian Loyalist.  Pre War Praetorian Resistance.  Pre ITF Cimerora.  Post ITF Cimerora. X = Dev Choice/Hall of Fame )

I always preferred GC over AP back in the day.   Not so crowded, easier to navigate than AP with no travel abilities,

and I like having BaB as the primary zone trainer.

I would love to have it back, might even forego doing DFB on a few toons, just to do missions in the zone.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, krj12 said:

I always preferred GC over AP back in the day.   Not so crowded, easier to navigate than AP with no travel abilities,

and I like having BaB as the primary zone trainer.

I would love to have it back, might even forego doing DFB on a few toons, just to do missions in the zone.

Seconded. 

I still believe good guys wear white hats and it's okay hold doors for others.

Original Server: Protector  ||  Supergroup: The Garrison <||>  Homecoming Server: Excelsior  ||  Supergroup: The Watchguard

2 hours ago, GraspingVileTerror said:

What can I say?

Villainy can be a lot of fun.

Absolutely.

I prefer not to start with murder though.

4 minutes ago, Darmian said:

I prefer not to start with murder though.

This.

(Also one of the reasons given for not liking Redside, at times. Getting forced into actions you *would not* take. There's a lot of forms of villainy out there, it's not just "boy scout good, or mass murderer laughing psychopath evil.")

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

Yes, sorry.  You're both right, of course.  I'll tone down my intentional overreaction.

I was being mildly irreverent and projecting my antipathy for the entire Ruined Galaxy City tutorial on Blue Spectrum as a stand-in for whoever it was that decided to sign off on that particular change.  There's just so much wrong with it, that it's mind-numbing.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, GraspingVileTerror said:

Yes, sorry.  You're both right, of course.  I'll tone down my intentional overreaction.

I was being mildly irreverent and projecting my antipathy for the entire Ruined Galaxy City tutorial on Blue Spectrum as a stand-in for whoever it was that decided to sign off on that particular change.  There's just so much wrong with it, that it's mind-numbing.

Oh, it's nothing wrong with what you said, it just highlights one of the issues with redside that could've been handled better.