This should really go under the Archetypes but I'm not sure which one

Arcalian

And that, indeed, is the question.  I'm planning to, eventually, make a redside character themed after (and meant to be a member of) the Carnival of Shadows, specifically a Ring Mistress.  But I'm not sure which archetype she would be.  Dominator, Corruptor, Controller?

Ring Mistresses often fight with psychic blasts and Dark Ring Mistresses also throw in Dark debuffs as well.  I would certainly say a Psi/Dark Corrupter would fit the bill, but you can also do Dark/Psi Defender for stronger debuffs.

I'm also totally not just advocating for Psi/Dark Corrupter because I have one at 50 and love the combo.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.

42 minutes ago, Arcalian said:

And that, indeed, is the question.  I'm planning to, eventually, make a redside character themed after (and meant to be a member of) the Carnival of Shadows, specifically a Ring Mistress.  But I'm not sure which archetype she would be.  Dominator, Corruptor, Controller?

So a Ring Mistress basically uses psychic blast attacks, and a Dark Ring Mistress essentially uses psychic blasts and dark miasma, so a defender or corruptor would be your most likely fit...

For reference:  https://archive.paragonwiki.com/wiki/Carnival_of_Shadows#Ring_Mistress

Edited by biostem
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The hidden forum: select archtypes and scroll down past all the subforums.  I was suprised the first time i found that archtypes had a 'general' forum in the basement.  

For that combo i would go corruptor.  Debuffs tend to be so good that you dont need a boost as a defender or so bad that the boost is hardly anything.

• Like 2

• Like 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

23 hours ago, TheZag said:

The hidden forum: select archtypes and scroll down past all the subforums.  I was suprised the first time i found that archtypes had a 'general' forum in the basement. 

Even after all this time here I didn't know this existed.  I'm going to go lie down for awhile....

╔═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

Clave's Sure-Fire Secrets to Enjoying City Of Heroes
Ignore those farming chores, skip your market homework, play any power sets that you want, and ignore anyone who says otherwise.
This game isn't hard work, it's easy!
Go have fun!
╚═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════╝

• 8 months later

Resurrecting this old thread of mine.  It's almost time to make this Ring Mistress character.  How close can I get in the character creator?  By which I mean, exactly which costume pieces am I looking for.  I know I can't do the mask.  But what about the rest of it?

A lot of the Carnival's unique pieces aren't available to players, mainly their gloves, shoes, collars, and whatever they have on their backs.  But I took a stab and came up with something pretty good when compared to a Carnival Ring Mistress.  It's not a perfect 1 to 1, but could pass as a discount Carnie in a heartbeat.  Using the image from the CoS wiki page for the Ring MIstress as a template, I came up with this in about 5 minutes.

53052086_RingMistress.thumb.JPG.b7f84a52963ae64981ded1eff994acc7.JPG

Ring Mistress.costume

Pieces of note:

Head: Carnival of Light mask with matching colors.  The eyes underneath are from Supernatural Face 11 colored red.

Body: Barbarian top was the closest I could find.  Magic robe shoulders, Santa Gloves give the best "frilled" gloves from what I could tell.  Carnival of Light sash.

Legs: Carnival of Light leggings, and Victorian Steampunk boots.

Back: Celestial Armor 1 was the best look I could find for the back detail, though Hooded Lamps was a nice alternative if you don't want perfect.  Warp gives the crossed sticks look in a sense, but doesn't mesh with the rest of the outfit.

Also keep in mind, there are a lot of pieces ripped from the Carnival of Light/War/Vengance in Praetoria.  You can mix and match those in as you see fit but they do have much different designs from the Carnival of Shadows on Primal Earth.

• Like 1

Currently playing on Indomitable as @Zork Nemesis; was a Protector native on live.