New to the game. Need help with Going Rogue TF

CallMeMal

Hi there!

So some mates and I have just joined the game and were wanting to know if there were any task forces in CoH Going Rogue? I can't find any lists online. 

Was just curious as there were some available for characters as low as level 10 on CoH/CoV that I found online but couldn't find anything for Preatoria. 

Thanks in advance!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CallMeMal said:

Hi there!

So some mates and I have just joined the game and were wanting to know if there were any task forces in CoH Going Rogue? I can't find any lists online. 

Was just curious as there were some available for characters as low as level 10 on CoH/CoV that I found online but couldn't find anything for Preatoria. 

Thanks in advance!

The best place to look in game is on the chat tab where it says "LFG." It shows a list of all task forces, strike forces, hero trials, incarnate trials, and summer blockbuster events. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Pocket D Zone Tour

Best Post Ever.... 568068478_BestContentEverSignature.png.4ac4138c1127616ebdcddfe1e9d55b57.png

20 minutes ago, Apparition said:

Welcome to Paragon City, the Rogue Isles, and Praetoria!

Sadly, there are no Task Forces nor Strike Forces available in Praetoria. 😞 I do hope you enjoy Praetoria though, it has some great storylines and missions.

Thanks so much for the fast response! We are enjoying the missions thoroughly so far. Was mainly interested in TF as we came from WoW and started out as a dungeon team. The missions are pretty close anyway, even if they are a smaller scale. 

8 hours ago, CallMeMal said:

Hi there!

Thanks in advance!

There are a number of zone events.  The most intricate being The Seed of Hamidon event.  Very cool.

• Thanks 1

Welcome to the game! 

One thing to realize is that gold side (going rogue) does move you into contact with the red and blue sides in your 20s.  So you'll be able to gain access to all the Trials, Task Forces, and Strike Forces eventually.

And once you've gained that access, if you've not been told previously, you can either do alignment tip missons (long but interesting way around) or visit Null the Gull in Pocket D (short way) to change alignment and experience what the other side has to offer.

• Thanks 1

I would not want to dissuade anyone of playing gold side. But, if it's task forces you seek, you'll do better on blue side - which you won't be able to visit until you go through the rift at level 20. (Can't do it before level 20)

Red side has task forces, too - just not as many. 

Historically, Blue side was it's own stand-alone game. Red side came much later, and gold side came later after that. So, it stands to reason why there's not as much content as blue side has. 

If I were you, I might consider having the group make 2 new characters. One a hero, for the blue side stuff, and one a villain for the red side stuff. If you find you like one side better, you may freely switch sides by visiting null the gull. 

In any event, regardless of your path - if you have questions when in game, use the help channel. Someone will likely have the answers you seek. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Welcome!  Like others are saying if it's task forces you seek the most optimal choice would be to start out as a Hero.  Blue being the oldest is the most fleshed out, Red has better writing and more character but a little more lacking in the TF department, although once you get to mid-20s and 30's I find the Villain TF's to be better quality and in more quantity by then. 

Going Rogue was the last expansion which was yet another tutorial zone but they really honed their writing and crafting of content with that expansion but they didn't get a chance to fully develop it like Heroes and Villains.  

I do recommend playing TF's a lot since they are a great way to get merits which help you get special enhancements for your character.  

Edited by Mezmera
  • Thanks 1

Welcome, OP!  Don't be disheartened by people recommending against starting in Praetoria.  You'll get to see some of the better arc writing in the game, and since it sounds like you're teaming, then the levels will fly past fast enough.

Basically, there's very little in TFs that you don't get in missions.  Until the very highest levels (50+) of the game TFs are still limited to the same 8-man team size.  Also, because CoH has a great mechanism called side-kicking, you're not missing any of the hero or villain TFs.  You'll always be able to go back and play any you've levelled past simply by talking to the TF contact, and the game will automatically give you a temporary level adjustment.  (You can also access ordinary story arcs you've out-levelled, but that's a little more involved,)

Have fun!

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

On 9/10/2021 at 4:49 PM, Yomo Kimyata said:

Doesn't matter where you came from.  You're ours now!

Psst. Forgot the evil laugh.

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.