auto-accept license and bypass cut scenes

Xaphiero

I seem to recall there used to be a way to do both of these things:

Set a value in an ini file (options.txt?) to auto-accept the license agreement so you don't have to click agree every time and also to bypass cut scenes.

Anyone remember these settings?

I don't know about the license agreement, but you've never been able to skip cutscenes in the manner you're describing. The only time that really applies is during iTrials if all members have already completed the trial.

• Like 1

"If you can read this, I've failed as a developer." -- Caretaker

Proc information and chance calculator spreadsheet (last updated 15APR24)

Player numbers graph (updated every 15 minutes) Graph readme

@macskull/@Not Mac | Twitch | Youtube

Adding to what Mac said, I don't recall anything that ever let you auto-accept the license agreement, but there used to be a text file where you could save your username and password in plain text (!!). I wonder if maybe that's what you are thinking of? That was removed a while ago.

Oklahoman, Okie, Vayne Glorious, Sooner Magic, Treehugging Wacko, Boy Band, etc

Farming Incarnate Salvage - 1 salvage roll every 15 minutes!  ||  Why NO TELLS to join your little MSR thing?

Using DEMORECORD To Find Who Is Sabotaging Lambda Badge Runs  ||  https://www.twitch.tv/oklahomancoh

Excelsior Bases: The Sooner State (OK-8602), Atlas Records (ROCK-29730), Generic Heroes (G-16581), Sooner Nation (SOONER-8490)

This nudges against my suggestion to add key equivalents to the whole login procedure, so it could be automated/eased with local macros. It does not *seem* like that would be a difficult addition, and would enable/accommodate a number of collateral requests like this one.

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com

My ignorance of MMOs other than CoH is vast and comprehensive, so:

Single-player games usually offer a way to skip cutscenes, but do other MMOs? It seems like you'd be out of sync with your teammates who don't choose to skip.

Besides, when else would I make sandwiches?

(Romulus is the only one that gives me time to make a grilled cheese, but the others usually provide time enough for a quick PB&J.)

Disclaimer: Not a medical doctor. Do not take medical advice from Doctor Ditko.

Also, not a physicist. Do not take advice on consensus reality from Doctor Ditko.

But games? He used to pay his bills with games. (He's recovering well, thanks for asking!)

On 9/28/2021 at 10:05 PM, Xaphiero said:

I seem to recall there used to be a way to do both of these things:

Set a value in an ini file (options.txt?) to auto-accept the license agreement so you don't have to click agree every time and also to bypass cut scenes.

Anyone remember these settings?

The auto-login thing has been nuked for security (plain text password), so there's that. It simply kept your credentials filled out anyway, so you've Always had to click through. Cutscenes, I kinda wanna say you never have been able to and in theory, everyone should have the same length cutscene.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired  <||> Generally Inactive

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

It's possible to skip some cutscenes by not triggering them, but it's not possible to skip them once they've been started.  This was something we looked briefly into when HC was new and we were looking for speedrun shortcuts.  Cutscenes put the mapserver itself into a frozen state, so even if you find a way to break out of the cutscene state for yourself you still won't be able to move until the mapserver is unfrozen.

• Like 1

@Veracor - Veracor, Bio/TW Tanker on Everlasting.

Everlasting raid leader, Hamidon main tank, iTrial main tank -- hit me up if you have questions!

On 9/28/2021 at 9:06 PM, macskull said:

The only time that really applies is during iTrials if all members have already completed the trial.

It's worth noting that this is specifically only ones at the beginning of trials, so only BAF and Keyes have that behavior.

From Champion (Hero) and Infinity (Villain), currently playing on Everlasting.

Former member of the Hammers of Justice on Champion.

Raid leader for 'Everlasting TFs'.

Mains: Trickery Girl (Ill/Rad Controller), Burk (Sword/Shield Stalker), and 6 other complete badge characters.

10 hours ago, Burk said:

It's worth noting that this is specifically only ones at the beginning of trials, so only BAF and Keyes have that behavior.

I've never verified this, but for BAF I understand that the cutscene is skipped if (1) every character (not player) in the league has already done a BAF and (2) no one uses the door and instead flies over the wall. If someone has verified info on that (like a dev statement?) I'd love to see it.

Oklahoman, Okie, Vayne Glorious, Sooner Magic, Treehugging Wacko, Boy Band, etc

Farming Incarnate Salvage - 1 salvage roll every 15 minutes!  ||  Why NO TELLS to join your little MSR thing?

Using DEMORECORD To Find Who Is Sabotaging Lambda Badge Runs  ||  https://www.twitch.tv/oklahomancoh

Excelsior Bases: The Sooner State (OK-8602), Atlas Records (ROCK-29730), Generic Heroes (G-16581), Sooner Nation (SOONER-8490)

I don't think wall vs door matters, but if everyone has done it. Of course I could probably count the number of times that has happened on one hand.

From Champion (Hero) and Infinity (Villain), currently playing on Everlasting.

Former member of the Hammers of Justice on Champion.

Raid leader for 'Everlasting TFs'.

Mains: Trickery Girl (Ill/Rad Controller), Burk (Sword/Shield Stalker), and 6 other complete badge characters.

9 hours ago, Burk said:

I don't think wall vs door matters, but if everyone has done it. Of course I could probably count the number of times that has happened on one hand.

I can count the number of times its happened for me on zero hands.

Ive been able to personally skip the baf cutscene trigger.  But the robots dont spawn until after the scene has been triggered.

1 hour ago, Hardship said:

There are 2 huge reasons that I never skip the BAF cutscene:

1) I don't know how

2) I didn't know it was possible

Ok, maybe that is just one reason stated 2 different ways.

caaaaaaaan confirm 

@Aurora Girl - Excelsior - BSOD
 Aurora Girl  (Blaster)- Energy/Atomic, Queen of Faceplants and former Mayor of Pinnacle Server  Straye  (Brute)- Savage/SR, Survivor of +4 ITF Nictus Crystals and Bobcat's Bane  Aurora Snow  (Corruptor) - Ice/Cold, AV Humiliator  Terraflux  (Controller) - Earth/Rad, Bass Exploder  Spynerette  (Arachnos Soldier) - Night Widow, Super Spy of Sneakiness and Stabbing  Snowberrie  (Tank) - Ice/Spines, Disco Ball and Lady of Winter