Most OP solo scrapper that can do it all ? Is there such a thing?

I-Dirty

Well, the baseline for that is actually pretty low. Then it becomes nigh impossible. I've been able to solo everything up to BAF/LAM with my scrappers (this includes apex/tin).  It just takes hitting a minimum DPS/Survivability line. DPS wise, Staff, Electric, and Spines definitely stand out as primaries that can't do this. All the others can I think? I'm fairly confident I could solo LAM with more than a few differrent primaries though. Not so sure about BAF due to the prisoner part. Oh, and this doesn't include Hamidon or Seed of Hamidon. I KNOW I couldn't solo a Hamidon raid by myself. I don't have enough experience with SoH. I know I've solo-ed a LGTF with a scrapper. Once. I will never do that again. The Hami fight of that TF was not a fun experience. Lusca is the longest GM to solo due to how many fights it actually is. Which also made it the hardest. Attention span and ish. All the other GMs are actually pretty easy.

This humble brag hopefully has some decent information in it.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SomeGuy said:

Well, the baseline for that is actually pretty low. Then it becomes nigh impossible. I've been able to solo everything up to BAF/LAM with my scrappers (this includes apex/tin).  It just takes hitting a minimum DPS/Survivability line. DPS wise, Staff, Electric, and Spines definitely stand out as primaries that can't do this. All the others can I think? I'm fairly confident I could solo LAM with more than a few differrent primaries though. Not so sure about BAF due to the prisoner part. Oh, and this doesn't include Hamidon or Seed of Hamidon. I KNOW I couldn't solo a Hamidon raid by myself. I don't have enough experience with SoH. I know I've solo-ed a LGTF with a scrapper. Once. I will never do that again. The Hami fight of that TF was not a fun experience. Lusca is the longest GM to solo due to how many fights it actually is. Which also made it the hardest. Attention span and ish. All the other GMs are actually pretty easy.

This humble brag hopefully has some decent information in it.

You mention any primary, but what about secondaries? /Bio, /Energy Aura and /Shield seem like the ones that would stand out to me 

15 minutes ago, drgantz said:

What is an Envenomed Dagger Scrapper?  Is it Dual Blades?

Envenomed dagger is a temp power you can buy from P2W that gives a substantial regen debuff.  It's very useful in soloing AVs and GMs because it dramatically lowers the dps you need to stay ahead of their regen. 

Edited by aethereal
  • Like 1

yeah just trying to think of something that would be amazing to play. Dont care about cost so much. Gives me something to work towards

Wish staff did more I love the staff animations

Why yes I do know what a search feature is. However with the 1000 returns it is hard to dig through all that. So I ask in posts.

7 hours ago, StriderIV said:

You mention any primary, but what about secondaries? /Bio, /Energy Aura and /Shield seem like the ones that would stand out to me 

Honestly, no secondary stands out to me as long as it can hit that baseline survivability. And it really depends on the player and their playstyle at that point. I'd really only say Regen cause you have to spend so much time managing the secondary to live, as opposed to attacking (DPS for this is VERY important). Inspirations definitely cover a lot of ground in terms of living (purples and oranges FTW) and even getting more DMG. Base temps are sooooooper cheap too (20% recharge is a chaos theorem, kinetic weapon, and some other common salvage...that's it, and it lasts an hour). Envenomed Dagger is also cheap AF at the P2W vendor if people think they need the extra -REG, or just want to make it easier. Same thing with Recovery Serum.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nobody going top say it?

Anybody?

Fine, guess I have to say something.

Spoiler

Regen, the original OP solo set 👍

If Regen is nerfed, that is a buff.

If regen is buffed, its a nerf.

Either way, every other set is improved in comparison.

That is all.

• Haha 2

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

11 hours ago, SomeGuy said:

Honestly, no secondary stands out to me as long as it can hit that baseline survivability. And it really depends on the player and their playstyle at that point. I'd really only say Regen cause you have to spend so much time managing the secondary to live, as opposed to attacking (DPS for this is VERY important). Inspirations definitely cover a lot of ground in terms of living (purples and oranges FTW) and even getting more DMG. Base temps are sooooooper cheap too (20% recharge is a chaos theorem, kinetic weapon, and some other common salvage...that's it, and it lasts an hour). Envenomed Dagger is also cheap AF at the P2W vendor if people think they need the extra -REG, or just want to make it easier. Same thing with Recovery Serum.

Good to know. I’ve been looking at Either Dual Blades, Katana or Energy Melee paired with /Bio or /Energy Aura.

Edited by StriderIV
  • Like 1

I think ideally you want */bio/soul, and one of the highest ST damage and ideally energy-dealing damage for the primary. /shield is also a good alternate with its layered survivability covering all and making for a strong base.

The big hurdles in soloing "everything":

- Ghost Widow's mag100 hold

- buffed Lord Recluse, until you can take the towers down. Got to deal enough damage to clear those towers/engineers and survive Recluse.

- taking on ~3 AVs at a time in the final LRSF fight; Penelope's unresistable(?) hold

- dealing enough DPS for a Goliath War Walker. You likely want a taunt aura, otherwise the buggers consistently walk away and nuke your DPS

- dealing enough DPS, having enough defense + energy resistance/regen against +4 Nictus Romulus (if going for +4/x8 ITF; not strictly necessary, but such a standard at this point thanks to Werner 🙂 it's easier to solo a +4/x8 ITF than a STF anyway)

The most common answer to these boil down to "deal enough damage to get through it before your luck runs out" (unless you mail yourself insps, at which point your luck can extend more or less indefinitely).

If you remove Master requirement from TFs, things also get easier as you can use temp powers.

I don't know if Lambda is soloable by a scrapper, unless we count mailed insps. The only recorded success that I can think of was @Dark Bladed on his prenerf TW/Bio using a truckload of mailed T3 reds. Lambda BAB looks easy from the outside, but unless you overpower him with 1500+ DPS it's a different story when you have to manage his jumps and uber resistance at low life with only so many pacifier grenades, on a timer to boot. Heck, even the very first War Walker guarding the elevators can be a hard DPS check, with its heal it's significantly tougher than the Goliath War Walkers in Tin Mage.

Edited by nihilii
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, nihilii said:

I think ideally you want */bio/soul, and one of the highest ST damage and ideally energy-dealing damage for the primary. /shield is also a good alternate with its layered survivability covering all and making for a strong base.

The big hurdles in soloing "everything":

- Ghost Widow's mag100 hold

- buffed Lord Recluse, until you can take the towers down. Got to deal enough damage to clear those towers/engineers and survive Recluse.

- taking on ~3 AVs at a time in the final LRSF fight; Penelope's unresistable(?) hold

- dealing enough DPS for a Goliath War Walker. You likely want a taunt aura, otherwise the buggers consistently walk away and nuke your DPS

- dealing enough DPS, having enough defense + energy resistance/regen against +4 Nictus Romulus (if going for +4/x8 ITF; not strictly necessary, but such a standard at this point thanks to Werner 🙂 it's easier to solo a +4/x8 ITF than a STF anyway)

The most common answer to these boil down to "deal enough damage to get through it before your luck runs out" (unless you mail yourself insps, at which point your luck can extend more or less indefinitely).

If you remove Master requirement from TFs, things also get easier as you can use temp powers.

I don't know if Lambda is soloable by a scrapper, unless we count mailed insps. The only recorded success that I can think of was @Dark Bladed on his prenerf TW/Bio using a truckload of mailed T3 reds. Lambda BAB looks easy from the outside, but unless you overpower him with 1500+ DPS it's a different story when you have to manage his jumps and uber resistance at low life with only so many pacifier grenades, on a timer to boot. Heck, even the very first War Walker guarding the elevators can be a hard DPS check, with its heal it's significantly tougher than the Goliath War Walkers in Tin Mage.

OK so /bio and now to figure out a good primary

Dont know anything about using bio but hey nothing like a challenge

I thought TW sucked...am I wrong?

what about DM/bio?

Why yes I do know what a search feature is. However with the 1000 returns it is hard to dig through all that. So I ask in posts.

47 minutes ago, I-Dirty said:

OK so /bio and now to figure out a good primary

Dont know anything about using bio but hey nothing like a challenge

I thought TW sucked...am I wrong?

what about DM/bio?

EM, DB, and KAT are your best DPS performers in that order (I mention these because you did earlier). The difference with them really isn't that much at the top end. All three sets feel pretty different. DB and KAT do a good job of looking fairly different play wise despite both having swords. And swords are pretty cool aesthetics to me. I will give Kat a nod for more survivability due to Divine Avalanche. I just take it as a set mule for a LOTG but I've found myself using it more than I expected to help alleviate alphas.

TW does not suck. It just got brought in line DPS wise with most of the other sets and it's best attack chain was massively simplified. There really aren't any primaries that suck. It's just Electrical Melee and Staff Fighting are not gonna be able to do this. So, TW is still good (really good actually) but it's AOE was noticeably nerfed.

DM/BIO is a lot of fun. I actually used this one to solo the LRSF and LGTF. The DPS isn't as high as the other sets with one stack of soul drain, but it is fun to play. If you can leverage soul drain to stay pretty stacked, it starts cranking out some pretty good numbers. If I get off my lazy ass and simulate that with reds on a pylon I'd have a better idea.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, SomeGuy said:

EM, DB, and KAT are your best DPS performers in that order (I mention these because you did earlier). The difference with them really isn't that much at the top end. All three sets feel pretty different. DB and KAT do a good job of looking fairly different play wise despite both having swords. And swords are pretty cool aesthetics to me. I will give Kat a nod for more survivability due to Divine Avalanche. I just take it as a set mule for a LOTG but I've found myself using it more than I expected to help alleviate alphas.

TW does not suck. It just got brought in line DPS wise with most of the other sets and it's best attack chain was massively simplified. There really aren't any primaries that suck. It's just Electrical Melee and Staff Fighting are not gonna be able to do this. So, TW is still good (really good actually) but it's AOE was noticeably nerfed.

DM/BIO is a lot of fun. I actually used this one to solo the LRSF and LGTF. The DPS isn't as high as the other sets with one stack of soul drain, but it is fun to play. If you can leverage soul drain to stay pretty stacked, it starts cranking out some pretty good numbers. If I get off my lazy ass and simulate that with reds on a pylon I'd have a better idea.

Love this. EM, DB and Kat are the main ones I was looking at as well. I have an EM/EA Stalker, so I might be leaning towards DB or Kat mixed with either /Bio or /EA. It seems it will come down to if I want the added damage or dual blades, or the added survivability of katana. Is there an optimal attack chain for DB that you have?

I know Katana's optimal attack chain for damage completely ignore Divine Avalanche. That being said, I hear that power comes in quite handy when trying to solo difficult content. I think @Linea swears by Kat/Bio Scrapper.

5 minutes ago, StriderIV said:

@Linea

If there is someone to listen to about making a tanky character in this game, it's that dude. I remember he was looking at making a character to fit his needs and tried DB/BIO first. He really O_O the damage, but db/bio just didn't have the survivability. Kat/Bio has a really neat chain. It feels fast and chunky and the DPS is DEFINITELY there. Kanil can attest to my frustration figuring out a good chain for it, but once I did I went "OK, this thing really cooks".

Edited by SomeGuy
  • Thanks 1

On 9/30/2021 at 12:00 PM, Outrider_01 said:

Nobody going top say it?

Anybody?

Fine, guess I have to say something.

Reveal hidden contents

Regen, the original OP solo set 👍

If Regen is nerfed, that is a buff.

If regen is buffed, its a nerf.

Either way, every other set is improved in comparison.

That is all.

Nerf This

Can someone explain to me how Bio armor works?

Im a bit confused I dont see a lot of capped resists or defenses on them so im curious

59 minutes ago, I-Dirty said:

Can someone explain to me how Bio armor works?

Im a bit confused I dont see a lot of capped resists or defenses on them so im curious

It's actually really squishy. It's because of the fact it has a few very smart offensive boosts that allow you to kill things faster than they can kill you.

Like, with other secondaries I can normally ride out a hit taking me to 3/4 or 1/2 bar HP for a little. I might be fine. With Bio? IF I get that much a warning I'm scrambling to hit my heal, pop greens, or run out. Normally all of that. It's pretty normal to go from full to needing to hosp with the way I play on a bio without enough warning to do anything. That's why I prioritize Defense over Resistance when building, well, any of my builds. No damage > some damage.

It works by having OK HP/s and END/s. It gets a pretty good heal that doesn't require enemies around. It also gets a good heal that is better the more enemies it hits. It also has a T9 that is stronger with the more enemies it hits. The T9 does an insta-heal and drastically increases your HP/s and END/s for a set duration. It has OK resistance out of the box, you saw that. And it has good defense to fire/cold out of the box. It has three different "adaptations". They operate just like their title says. Offensive, defensive, and efficient. Some powers operate slightly different based on your adaptation at the time.

Personally, I just sit in offensive. I don't see enough value with defensive and efficient to toggle over to them. Maybe Defensive on a Bio/Staff tanker. Staff has a defensive stance that will stack with it.

Edited by SomeGuy

Shit I better not do bio then. Im not a smart man Jenny. I have a tendency to run in and swing away. Thats why I dont play Blasters and such...because the way I play it would be Plastered....as what I would be

1 hour ago, I-Dirty said:

Shit I better not do bio then. Im not a smart man Jenny. I have a tendency to run in and swing away. Thats why I dont play Blasters and such...because the way I play it would be Plastered....as what I would be

I disagree that Bio is super squishy, though I'll say upfront that it takes a pretty sizeable investment to take full advantage of it. If you can afford the winter & scrapper IOs & do some smart slotting (divide the ATO that gives 5% S/L def as a 3-set into 2 powers for one), & pick up the Barrier destiny you can get softcapped to all the mainstream damage types (S/L/F/C/E/N). Layering that over some decent regen & a very good Absorption shield (my shield is about 1k when my max HP is around 1700-1800, lasts for 30s & recharges at about the same time) makes for a pretty tanky character. It is relatively weak to the old CDF problem, but that isn't out of the ordinary overall.