Macro buttons

alphamax

I've seen several videos where players have their own custom (macro) buttons in their tray, but can't seem to find a guide for it... does one exist?

Again to be clear - I'm not looking for how to write a macro, but rather how to create a macro BUTTON in-game, that you can place on your tray.

Thanks for any assistance!

• 3 months later
20 minutes ago, insome1 said:

You can also pull images from the homecoming wiki for macros.

The HC wiki actually has a dedicated page for image names that can be used in macros (along with usage examples of each):

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Macro_image_(Slash_Command)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/21/2022 at 11:51 AM, AboveTheChemist said:

The HC wiki actually has a dedicated page for image names that can be used in macros (along with usage examples of each):

https://hcwiki.cityofheroes.dev/wiki/Macro_image_(Slash_Command)

I visit this page so often it's the top suggestion when I start typing hcwiki, despite the home page also being bookmarked. 😄

• Like 1

Coloden.png

On 1/21/2022 at 9:29 AM, insome1 said:

Just wanted to share for anyone lurking. You can also pull images from the homecoming wiki for macros.

Just to be clear... all of the power icons are integral to the game's assets. You can't pull outside images in to use, nor do you have to. The names in the wiki, the spreadsheet, etc. are just the asset name the command uses to pull the right little graphic. Some have typoes you have to preserve to get the icon.

I find the spreadsheet a little more useful because you can click-to-copy those messy name strings without error.

Edited by Shenanigunner

UPDATED: v4.15 Technical Guide (post 27p7)... 154 pages of comprehensive and validated info on on the nuts and bolts!
ALSO:  GABS Bindfile  ·  WindowScaler  ·  Teleport Guide  ·  and City of Zeroes  all at  www.Shenanigunner.com