Colored heatlh bars for mezzed teammates

Murkweave

When a character is mezzed in some fashion, have the health bar change color (to purple maybe, possibly different colors for different mez) in the team or league window so that those teammates with Clear Mind type powers don't need to wait for someone to call out "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz" in chat they may be too busy to watch for.

Edited by Murkweave
  • Like 7
  • Thumbs Up 29

Aside from maybe "give alternate color options" (since I don't know how colorblind folks might see any selected color - though I'd expect just the change to be a clue,) nice and straightforward idea.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Primarily on Everlasting. Squid afficionado. Former creator of Copypastas. General smartalec.

I tried to combine Circle and DE, but all I got were garden variety evil mages.

Just now, TraumaTrain said:

I dig this idea. It is super good. My suggestion is instead of a color change, have a sad face (or something) appear above the mezzed individuals.  Much more noticeable.

Maybe both something on the character themself, and also some thing in the team window?

• Like 1

Maybe a different symbol appears based on the type of mez? Otherwise, love this idea and don’t know why it wasn’t thought of sooner!

Edited by th0ughtGun

Find me on Everlasting or Indom as:
Marbing (Psi/Rad Corruptor), Fortunata Moon (Fortunata Widow), Dynanight (Fire/DM Tank), Timesync (Elec/Time Corruptor), Static Sparrow (Elec/TA Controller), Cryo Punk (Ice/Cold Controller), Chamelea (SJ/Bio Stalker)Sword Fist (Claws/SR Scrapper), Mangusuu (DP/Nin Blaster), Blink Shot (Beam/Martial Blaster), Ratchet Dog (Beam/Traps Corruptor), Phonoalgia (Pain/Sonic Defender), Powered (FF/Energy Defender), Nullpunkt (Rad/Kin Corruptor), Black Fate (Fire/Therm Corruptor), Mirror Mage (Ill/Dark Controller),Gravoc (Gravity/Energy Dominator), Mind Pyre (Fire/Psi Dominator), Nettlethorn (Plant/Thorn Dominator), Boggle Blade (Psi/Invuln Stalker), Kelvin White (Ice/Regen Stalker), Dead Haze (Katana/DA Scrapper), Echo Boom (Sonic/EM Blaster), Ceyko (Archery/Time Blaster), Sleep Doctor (Mind/Poison Controller)Nachteule (DP/Dark Corruptor)Fulgrax (Axe/Elec Armor Scrapper)Void Knife (DB/Ice Stalker)Tryptophan Zombie (Mind/Kin Controller)Indo Manata (WP/Staff Tank), Masuku (Claws/WP Stalker)Blackbright (Rad/Energy Sentinel), Bedlam Bane (Sonic/Poison Corruptor), Helena Black (Necro/EA Mastermind), Boom Ranger (Sonic/TA Corruptor), Grave Sentinel (FF/Dark Defender), Dead-Life (DM/Regen Brute), Red Gloom (Dark/Pain Corruptor), Marble Marbina (Thugs/FF Mastermind)

14 hours ago, TraumaTrain said:

I dig this idea. It is super good. My suggestion is instead of a color change, have a sad face (or something) appear above the mezzed individuals.  Much more noticeable.

Much more noticeable... as long as they're spread out; in the kaleidoscope of other effects on a team interspersed with NPC mobs? Not so much. I've got screenshots where you can barely tell the heroes from the NPCs in the glare of all the SFX; adding more visual tinsel to the characters isn't going to make it easier to spot the mezzed ones. The suggestion of making the HP bar in the team window change color is going to be much easier to make out during a fight.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, srmalloy said:

Much more noticeable... as long as they're spread out; in the kaleidoscope of other effects on a team interspersed with NPC mobs? Not so much. I've got screenshots where you can barely tell the heroes from the NPCs in the glare of all the SFX; adding more visual tinsel to the characters isn't going to make it easier to spot the mezzed ones. The suggestion of making the HP bar in the team window change color is going to be much easier to make out during a fight.

Yep, I want to say there are visual effects for various mez conditions ... at least for some of them.  But I've been unable to log in long enough that I'm unsure at this point.  Ditto for an icon showing up in your buff/debuff icon ... I  think.  Damn I need to get back online!  Something large(r) and obvious would be a great addition.