Little bit of news for all y'all..

Oh, and the opening US weekend racked up a healthy $41m domestic. Way behind Shang-Chi, Venom II, F9, or Black Widow, but in the same ballpark as Quiet Place Part II and Jungle Cruise. Also another $7.5m from its UK opening weekend.

On those numbers would expect a full run - assuming it's got the legs - to go $130m to $160m domestic, and $400m and change worldwide.

Using my maths from earlier: $165m budget x 3 = $495m notional breakeven.

So: absolutely not a flop, not quite up to the watermark. But given the streaming revenues and the rerelease potential alongside Part 2...

...and that it's doing these numbers in a pandemic...

"Boffo", as they say.

No idea why they say that but they do.

Edited by ThaOGDreamWeaver
Extra Momoa
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND MEDIOCRITIES!

Look out for me as: Miss Dream Weaver (Psi/Emp), Ranger Emily (AR/Devices), Dr Amy Weaver MD (DP/Emp), Dr Regan Sprungler (Beam/Ninja), Agatha Heterodyne (Robots/Devices)

BTW, for those who've been living on an isolated rock hiding from sandworms and are wondering what Dune is about...

spacer.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

WAKE UP YA MISCREANTS AND MEDIOCRITIES!

Look out for me as: Miss Dream Weaver (Psi/Emp), Ranger Emily (AR/Devices), Dr Amy Weaver MD (DP/Emp), Dr Regan Sprungler (Beam/Ninja), Agatha Heterodyne (Robots/Devices)

Somehow I missed the fact that this movie was a part 1 of (2?) until midway through the movie when I realized there's no way they're finishing this in the time that's left.   After the movie I went to look up when Part 2 was coming, and ... OMG it's not even greenlit!  That means it's 3 years out at least...and maybe not coming!  Now I'm angry because this was really well done.

• Like 1

Active on Excelsior:

Lode Monkey - Fire Blast / Energy Manipulation Blaster (Blapper), Flaming Doom Monkey - Shield / Martial Arts Tank, Xero-Ranger Monkey - Energy Melee / Energy Aura Stalker

15 hours ago, Shred Monkey said:

Somehow I missed the fact that this movie was a part 1 of (2?) until midway through the movie when I realized there's no way they're finishing this in the time that's left.   After the movie I went to look up when Part 2 was coming, and ... OMG it's not even greenlit!  That means it's 3 years out at least...and maybe not coming!  Now I'm angry because this was really well done.

Some good news: https://www.polygon.com/22739982/dune-2-release-date-announcement

• Thumbs Up 1

Well that's good news.

This will be a bit like Lord of the Rings I suppose.  

A decent adaption of the book that gets the visuals and main themes down very well, but much of the in depth stuff from the books just gets a quick nod.  

• Like 1