3 monitor support?

Kazanski

I have a USB dock for my laptop that supports 2 HDMI monitors.  I have a total of 3 screens on the system, the screen on the laptop itself and 2 monitors connect to the dock via HDMI.  The dock connects to the laptop via USB.

I tried to launch Tequila with all 3 displays and the Loading splash screen pops up, disappears and the game doesn't load.  Unplugged the dock and it was fine on the laptop.  Reconnected the dock and mirrored the laptop display to one of the monitors and the game loaded fine.

Any ideas on why it doesn't work with 3 displays?  Ideally I'd like to keep all 3 running while I play, but I can change the display settings to mirror 1 & 2 while I play, but.....

Thanks!

I've never Tried it, but I vaguely recall the game not really supporting multi-monitor. I suppose you could Try putting it in windowed mode and stretching it, but I sense that would cause bad things. Beyond that, I don't see why you couldn't multi-box on different screens. Keep in mind that the hardware and OS must support that many screens as well and would likely require a laptop with a discrete GPU as an APU wouldn't be powerful enough (Well, ignoring the Apple M1 series that is). Also, I've noticed most non-gaming laptops can't handle 3 screens or at resolutions above 1080p with three screens.

Edited by WanderingAries

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

I agree.  I run tri-monitor with a fused desktop.

For whatever reason, it hates full screen.  And windows won't do a retractable taskbar.

Try running windowed and simply pull the window open so it fills the available area.

• Like 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

• Like 1

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

I was nudged to respond to this thread here since this question was asked elsewhere: 

I have a number of different idea's, but NONE of them involve CoH and "3 monitor" support.

For starters; CoH doesn't support 21:9+ resolutions, but it doesn't do so with a hard-crash. It simply stops rendering portions of the geometry and textures once you go over a 16:9 ratio.

SxMhM12l.jpg

MUCaXHCl.png

Secondly: CoH is an OpenGL application. The performance of CoH is going to be dependent on your OpenGL driver... and more importantly... if your display adapter is actually capable of PARSING OpenGL calls.  

Thirdly: We need more information about your system.

What Graphics Card are you actually using? Nvidia? Intel? AMD?

Is your "Docking" station using DisplayPort-Over-USB-TypeC to parse a native signal from your graphics processor?

Or is your "Docking" station merely a graphics adapter simply acting as an extender, e.g Matrox's Multi-Monitor controllers: https://www.matrox.com/en/video/products/gxm/multi-monitor-controllers-and-external-multi-display-adapters

My immediate suspicion would be that your Docking Station isn't actually a docking station, but a simplistic graphics adapter with bare DX10 support and no OpenGL support at all.

This would explain why mirror mode works, since it's taking the rendered display from your laptop rather than trying to render the game on it's own.

• Thumbs Up 2

7 hours ago, AurianArchive said:

My immediate suspicion would be that your Docking Station isn't actually a docking station, but a simplistic graphics adapter with bare DX10 support and no OpenGL support at all.

This would explain why mirror mode works, since it's taking the rendered display from your laptop rather than trying to render the game on it's own.

I couldn't think of the words before, but this makes the most sense.

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• 4 weeks later

I think there are also laptops out there that use the iGPU of the CPU for the laptop screen and the dedicated GPU for the external screen(s).

That would probably confuse CoH as well.

The adventurous Space Janitor reporting for duty. Cleaning the universe since 1992 and Paragon City, the Rogue Isles and Praetoria since 2011.

BlueYellowRed.png.cffb9b692dd0484133ca1d9ee2c8c4ce.png

On 10/28/2021 at 4:42 PM, AurianArchive said:

For starters; CoH doesn't support 21:9+ resolutions, but it doesn't do so with a hard-crash. It simply stops rendering portions of the geometry and textures once you go over a 16:9 ratio.

SxMhM12l.jpg

MUCaXHCl.png

I cant say it doesnt suport it, i play on an 32:9 Display and it runs fine.

i just had to change the registry to the desired Resolution and make Distance to auto in settings.

Edited by Braddack